Cops: Would you take guns away? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops: Would you take guns away?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8928 Times on 3868 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Michigan- you did well - Dawsonville vs Dahlonega (they are quite close physically)

PS- all home to incredibly stiiff necked folks that do not give in to much. Dawsonville is considered to be the birthplace of NASCAR, and synonymous with moonshining.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 06-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #32

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

So, 6 for 6.

I dont like the Stalin statue going up in Bedford though.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #33
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sure hope we never see it.

I'm certain many cops would be either honorable enough or smart enough to walk away rather than becoming a walking target once this bee hive is kicked over.

However, just as we've seen in times of war, when the manpower drops the recruiting standard follow and in short order we'd have a fresh crop of 100% thugs in blue taking up the mantle.

The term Patriot would be replaced with the term Terrorist and the running gunfights would plague Americas street indefinitely.

I highly doubt either side could win this battle which over time would reduce America to no more than another in the long line of failed states.

This is the possible future we all hope to never see, but one that all of us, who swore to uphold and defend the constitution, must be prepared to embrace.

I'm the mean time, please vote for the most pro gun candidate available. Winning at the ballot box is the only hope we have of not needing to reach for the ammo box.

Tack
and how has standing on the ballot box worked in the past 3 decades??

Soap box, ballot box, AMMO BOX!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #34

Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
and how has standing on the ballot box worked in the past 3 decades??

Soap box, ballot box, AMMO BOX!!
Don't know about 3 decades but it's worked fine since Bush V Gore. Not seen a single candidate run on gun control since?

Tack

Old 06-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #35
fmj

Quote:
Don't know about 3 decades but it's worked fine since Bush V Gore. Not seen a single candidate run on gun control since?

Tack
No, not "run" on gun control...but still continue to vote for anti-liberty laws by the bushel EVERY year..no matter wether a "D" or "R" behind their name.

Ever heard of;

The War on the American people, errr.... i mean, drugs?
(anti) Patriot act?
Father ,errrr.... I mean, Homeland (IN)security act?
National Destruction, errr.... i mean, defense authorization act? (NDAA)
Cyber Intelligence and Spying, errr.... i mean, Sharing act? (CISPA)
Anti free speech, errr i mean, Trespass law?

Once they have de-constructed all the other garuantees of the constitution...they WILL get your guns!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #36

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I feel if obama gets reelected he will try to go after the guns. He wont have anything to lose because he would be guarenteed 4 more years. That is one reason why he must be defeated. If we cant, then we at least need to keep the house to guarentee a stalemate.

One of two things will happen on Wednesday, November 7th. Either the stock market will skyrocket because Romney got elected. Or the number number of gun sales will break every record imaginable because obama got reelected.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 07-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #37

Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
No, not "run" on gun control...but still continue to vote for anti-liberty laws by the bushel EVERY year..no matter wether a "D" or "R" behind their name.

Ever heard of;

The War on the American people, errr.... i mean, drugs?
(anti) Patriot act?
Father ,errrr.... I mean, Homeland (IN)security act?
National Destruction, errr.... i mean, defense authorization act? (NDAA)
Cyber Intelligence and Spying, errr.... i mean, Sharing act? (CISPA)
Anti free speech, errr i mean, Trespass law?

Once they have de-constructed all the other garuantees of the constitution...they WILL get your guns!
FMJ

I agree that confiscation is the end game and don't see much difference between R's and D's.

The beautiful thing however is that a 5.56 MM to the Apricot has the same effect on either.

It very well may be too late to work within the system but it's also too early too shoot the bastards so...in the mean time, the voting booth just may buy enough time to raise my kids before the SHTF.

If not, that's ok too, my oath stands and will be acted upon when the situation becomes untenable but were not there yet.

Tack

Old 07-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #38
fmj

Quote:
FMJ

I agree that confiscation is the end game and don't see much difference between R's and D's.

The beautiful thing however is that a 5.56 MM to the Apricot has the same effect on either.

It very well may be too late to work within the system but it's also too early too shoot the bastards so
...in the mean time, the voting booth just may buy enough time to raise my kids before the SHTF.

If not, that's ok too, my oath stands and will be acted upon when the situation becomes untenable but were not there yet.

Tack
DISAGREE my brother!

When those that MAKE the law, no longer feel compelled to FOLLOW the law they made, "the system" is broken and we are beyond the point of no return....hence "5.56 and apricots" is the only recourse.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #39

Liked 2470 Times on 1604 Posts

Bkt, I'm not knocking you for starting this thread. It received many positive responses regarding citizens rights of firearms, the kind we like to see here.

I was wondering, did you expect to see any responses in the other direction? Being a gun forum, I didn't. This is the reason I don't trust polls and statistics, poll people on high power rifles in nyc and Montana and look at the results. Point being, what percentage of leos that aren't on a pro gun forum would be happy to take guns away from the general populace that doesn't "need" them? Just a thought.

Also, my brother is a part time Leo, Obama loving democrat, and said he would turn in his badge before knocking on one door for confiscation.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #40
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Bkt, I'm not knocking you for starting this thread. It received many positive responses regarding citizens rights of firearms, the kind we like to see here.

I was wondering, did you expect to see any responses in the other direction? Being a gun forum, I didn't. This is the reason I don't trust polls and statistics, poll people on high power rifles in nyc and Montana and look at the results. Point being, what percentage of leos that aren't on a pro gun forum would be happy to take guns away from the general populace that doesn't "need" them? Just a thought.

Also, my brother is a part time Leo, Obama loving democrat, and said he would turn in his badge before knocking on one door for confiscation.
No, I saw this article and read the reactions of cops and thought, "Hey, here's a great piece holding up cops in a really good light". We have had a bunch of stuff posted where cops went into the weeds and did bad, illegal things. Assuming these cops and others like them stand by the words printed, we're in better shape.

My intention was not to stir the pot. I can do that easily enough on my own.

EDIT: The comment by tack (I think it was) illustrating a situation where if one young, naive, stupid cop does something illegal and gets himself killed, will other older, smarter, better men avenge his death? That's a worry. I hope we never have to answer that question.

There's a world of difference between cops and legislators. Let's not lose sight of that. These days, everyone in government seems to think they're legislators. Don't ever take your frustrations out on innocents.

Last edited by bkt; 07-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.