Cops think they can violate your right - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Cops think they can violate your right

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Sure it should, its called the U.S. Constitution, which is.....black and white.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
then why are there laws against carrying in a bar, school, federal building, or places with more than 1500 people. This in itsself proves that there still has to be some order for carrying fire arms. I do not see this on Constitution. Do you????

Old 02-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadrooning View Post
I am saying lets put a squash on these idiots like this before they change enough public view to open carry all the time and you and I know that will mess up the OC laws for you and I. I am trying to protect our OC laws not supress them.
"Idiots" challenging and educating people and LEO on OC can and do lead to change.

Not exercising your rights may keep them out of the spotlight, but does nothing to protect them.
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Laws differ from state to state regarding OC. Here in Ohio it is legal with restrictions. Once Ohio finally passed CC, it came with restrictions that apply to OC as well. For instance, every restaurant, bank, convienent store, etc can display a sticker on the door prohibiting firearms. I know of no restaurant or fast food place that does not have one. That means even OC is illegal on that property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Here in Va yo can oc and cc. You can't conceal carry in bars but you can open carry. I haven't been to one restaraunt that has asked any of my friends open carrying to leave. It's very accepted here and the way it should be everywhere.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #15

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Laws differ from state to state regarding OC. Here in Ohio it is legal with restrictions. Once Ohio finally passed CC, it came with restrictions that apply to OC as well. For instance, every restaurant, bank, convienent store, etc can display a sticker on the door prohibiting firearms. I know of no restaurant or fast food place that does not have one. That means even OC is illegal on that property.
This is exactly what is going to occur in every locality, in every state, should the push for OC be increased. Eventually people will be so incensed by seeing so many guns and the way they are being forced upon them, they will force business owners to post signs prohibiting weapons on their property just as skullcrusher noted in his post. And the last sentence in his post hits hard at all of us because they can also forbid the CC also.

So the few who feel the need to OC and make a lot of noise, must be wanting to grow some gonads, or maybe they are trying to show their neighbors how bad they are that they can carry a gun, better pay attention to what the down side of all this.

my .02 worth
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #16

Gate I think we are on the same side. It sounds like from the last post that the city had an unconstitional ordinance against firearms. In this case I agree 100 percent with you. The city cannot ban firearms in OC state.

However i think you missed the point I was trying to get at. Why open carry even when it's legal, when you can easily conceal carry and not scare folks.....why?

Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
This is exactly what is going to occur in every locality, in every state, should the push for OC be increased. Eventually people will be so incensed by seeing so many guns and the way they are being forced upon them, they will force business owners to post signs prohibiting weapons on their property just as skullcrusher noted in his post. And the last sentence in his post hits hard at all of us because they can also forbid the CC also.

So the few who feel the need to OC and make a lot of noise, must be wanting to grow some gonads, or maybe they are trying to show their neighbors how bad they are that they can carry a gun, better pay attention to what the down side of all this.

my .02 worth
Thank you Car you said it better than I could. It is the idiots that are going to supress our gun rights, that want to stroke their own ego's, that I am worried about. Not the idiots who inedvertantly help our cause. I think this falls under the first part.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #18

By the way great posts. This is the type of topic that we really need to chew the fat on, even if i agree or don't agree with you. So throw on the boxing gloves and take a swing, I got thick skin.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadrooning View Post

However i think you missed the point I was trying to get at. Why open carry even when it's legal, when you can easily conceal carry and not scare folks.....why?
I think this is on the mark. From a protection standpoint I would not want to open carry when I could conceal it. Doesnt make tactical sense.
If this was in an area where CCW was not allowed, then it makes sense. What is happening in Cali for example. The "civil disobedience" (although its not disobedience since its within the law) is a great way to get issues out in the open.
The arrogance from the second video is disturbing. Seems to be a trend as of late. It is asinine to me that an officer would hae to arrogance to state that the guy should not be able to open carry when you can see two police officers in the same screen with open carry guns. They are not by law (see the LA Riot lawsuit results) responsible for an individuals safety. So why would we allow another man to tell us the people that it is OK for them but not OK for us? B.S. in my opinion.
Dont get me wrong, I am very pro law enforcement. I have done a lot with LEOs and will continue to do so. It has reached a level where it becomes a "joke", a big yuk yuk, when one claims that someone has violated one's rights. It isn't.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OK, what about the States that deny your CCW (for everyone but the well connected) but allow open carry? People need to get over seeing someone with a weapon on their hip! Does the Police Officer at the counter of your local eatery make you nervous because he/she is wearing a weapon?

What about States whose CCW law requires a $500 annual permit fee but allows open carry? This just says that if you're rich you have the right to self defense!

Until States realize that possession of a firearm and carrying such is our Constitutional Right, there are always going to be these issues.

You can open carry in California, but the weapon has to be unloaded and you cannot have ammo within easy reach if you decide to exercise this right! Kind of shouts SHOOT ME or Feel Free to take my Gun!!

Stores that post No Firearms don't get my business and I have no problem telling the management!! I know, but I don't care if I have to drive 100 miles to get what I want or order from the Internet...that's what I do.

This is as much a right as standing on a soap box in the middle of the town and spouting your political beliefs. As much a right as writing the editor of your paper and expressing your ideas. Self defense is a God given right and as long as the bad guys have access to firearms, we should too!!

I do have an issue with telegraphing that I am carrying though!! I'd rather it be a suprise!!

Closed Thread