Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops think they can violate your right

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit2786 View Post
I didn't know there were any Irish in Georgia. That was until my sister showed me pictures of St. Paddys day in Savannah.
I won't go near Savannah on St Paddy's Day - the place is an absolute zoo. I really feel for the Chatham County Sheriff's Dept on this day as they are a busy bunch...

Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffoconee View Post
yeahhh, I LOVE it here......I have a great county, great employees...we "patrol" our honest, law abiding citizens and we "police" the people who need it...
it isn't that hard to do actually....
Sounds like you're on top of things and deserve a big thumbs up for doing the job the way it is supposed to be done. I will also say it is not that easy a job to do. Thanks again for your input.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Swedes... European amateurs but hey they are head and shoulders above those scum sucking French.
go suck an egg!!!......i guess i am american though even though i'm of french descent!!...Still puts me on the defensive!!.....I gotta say the ones from france are a bit cowardly though

Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter764 View Post
go suck an egg!!!......i guess i am american though even though i'm of french descent!!...Still puts me on the defensive!!.....I gotta say the ones from france are a bit cowardly though
I hear the French "over there" are getting tougher with every generation...course, it makes sense, since most of their fathers are German

Old 04-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #115

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I am mainly a handgun guy. I have rifles. But they are for the range. I can't see a reason to carry an AR. I don't have a problem with someone carrying, period. But to sit in a restaurant with an AR on your back. Two thoughts come to mind...Show-off or bully. I can't be the only one thinking this?

I carry a handgun everywhere that I can legally do so. I CC. But I am ok with OC.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #116

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Thats funny. Did you watch the first episode of the new Ultimate Fighter. There was a Frenchman fighting to prove wrong the stereotype that the French are soft. After the first round, while sitting in his corner, he QUIT! Wasnt knocked out, choked out, he didnt tap after a liver kick or a broken rib. In between rounds he quit. So much for disproving that the French are soft. He caught a case of the "sandis clitoris" disease. HA-p*ssy.

p.s. I used yellow for a reason.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #117

I'm not sure if this is the same guy, but it looks like another interesting CCW encounter.

Signature rules violation

Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #118

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I didn't see where any rights were violated. No one was handcuffed, or proned out at gun-point, and no property was confiscated.

From what I could tell by watching and listening to the video, the guy was OC in a restaurant of some kind and the restaurant employees asked him to leave, which is their prerogative. They then called the police, which many people do when they see a gun. We can debate whether they should have called the police, but like-it-or-not, that is what our society is teaching people to do. Guns are a major target [no pun] of the "political correctness" movement.

Open carry in most places and I can assure you that sooner or later someone will call the police. When the police get a call of "man with a gun" they are obligated to check it out. I think the context of the officer's remarks at 6:22, was that he would rather take the risk of violating the carrier's rights, than ignore the call and have it turn out to be a guy waiting to shoot someone.

OC is kind of like cloning dinosaurs. A line from Jurassic Park by the character Dr. Ian Malcolm; "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

There is no greater supporter of the 2nd Amendment than me, and I believe there are times when open carry is appropriate. There are also times when it is inappropriate. My fear is the OC movement could back-fire on us and result in even more knee-jerk gun restriction legislation by some states. We already get a lot of negative press, right or wrong, but why push it just to make some kind of statement?
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #119

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I won't go near Savannah on St Paddy's Day - the place is an absolute zoo. I really feel for the Chatham County Sheriff's Dept on this day as they are a busy bunch...
That is exactly what it looked like. I might get down there and try it ONCE. I don't mind getting stupid every once in a while, just not as often as I used to.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #120

Quote:
Cheese eating surrender monkeys, those French!

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Closed Thread