Cops think they can violate your right - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops think they can violate your right

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

We don't approach the carrying of firearms as a 2nd amendment issue...quite frankly, given the current state of the law even in light of Heller, the 2nd isn't interpreted as I would wish...
being secure from unreasonable seizures of ANYTHING is a 4th amendment issue...that includes walking down the street with a firearm, or grabbing a donut or cup of coffee...
until that person gives us REASON to believe they are DANGEROUS, then there isn't a need for a response...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sheriff:

I don't supposed you would consider moving to Houston, and taking over the HPD and/or the Harris County Sheriff's office would you?

TXnorton

Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Sheriff:

I don't supposed you would consider moving to Houston, and taking over the HPD and/or the Harris County Sheriff's office would you?
yeahhh, I LOVE it here......I have a great county, great employees...we "patrol" our honest, law abiding citizens and we "police" the people who need it...
it isn't that hard to do actually....

Old 03-31-2010, 04:58 AM   #104

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Though you might not know it from reading this post, your efforts ARE appreciated Sheriff. You won't find many on this site who would actually need your services, we're a fairly self sufficient bunch, but I for 1 am glad you officers are out there doing what you can to keep the wolves at bay. For those bad apples that do get by you, let's all hope their next target is a citizen prepared to deal with them.

Tackleberry 1

Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 AM   #105

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

+1Tackleberry1
I am one of those that have a high respect for the LEO out there that are willing to put it all out there trying to protect the public. Too many times it's the officer that does the job form some other reason that gets the bigger attention. LEO are just like any other profession. There will be those that take more pride in their work than others. Some will abuse the power their job gives them while some will not see it as power but just the ability to do what they need to keep the peace.

My hats off to the officers that know that the badge is not a magic token to demand respect without ever giving it. More people should take in mind that the man or woman with the badge also is not someone to give a bunch of crap to just because they are trying to do a job that they probable wouldn't want on a bet.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #106
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2743 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

It is refreshing to hear a Chief LEO that not only understands the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but abides by them. With LE getting more and more oppressive under the guise of "proactive", truly following the law is what "we" are supposed to do.

Keep up the good work. Leadership is sorely lacking in many agencies that simply manage.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #107

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Y'all don't be to kind to SheriffO as he wont even let me drive through his county. His "jack booted thugs" are on high alert for any old Irish guy passing though in a silver Ford truck...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #108
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2743 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Y'all don't be to kind to SheriffO as he wont even let me drive through his county. His "jack booted thugs" are on high alert for any old Irish guy passing though in a silver Ford truck...
Gee, that narrows it down. There can't be more than 10,000 old Irish guys that drive silver Ford trucks.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #109

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I didn't know there were any Irish in Georgia. That was until my sister showed me pictures of St. Paddys day in Savannah.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #110

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Wow, glad you clarified that as I'm an old Irish guy but I drive a silver jeep

Closed Thread