Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Not to pick on you, DM, but why is it so many think crimes against property are a lesser evil than crimes against an individual ?

At any given moment someone in America dies. Regardless of the mechanism, they're dead. Relatives grieve and they're missed for a time. But that's the end of it.

But crimes against property are the "gift that keeps on giving" . Kill the store owner and the store closes. Neighbors can't get food or other neccessities conveniently. They have to travel further and are exposed to crime longer. Other store owners' insurance rises and soon they can't afford to stay in business. Unemployment creeps up as businesses close in a domino effect as services they depend upon are forced to close due to spiraling insurance costs. Soon you've got a "blighted neighborhood", where scum venture forth to prey upon more affluent nearby neighborhoods, blighting them.......

Or, someone looking to start a business finds an ideal property. But investigation shows its in a "high-crime neighborhood". Current employees don't want to commute to the new digs. His insuror hits him with a hugh increase to move there. Renovation costs spiral as materials are stolen almost as fast as delivered. Meanwhile his fraternity brother with the same idea looks a this guy's problems and decides to "offshore" his products or establish his factory outside - far outside - that area.

OR, your house is robbed. You can't afford to replace all of what was taken becasue the insurance was spent to fix the damage. You and your wife and kids are doing with a lot less to make up the difference. People supplying the goods and services you would have purchased lose their jobs.

IOW, crimes against property have a "domino effect" far exceeding the "value" of goods lost in the original crime. >Mw

Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #62

Millwright,
Very good observation, one that certainlyI have not thought quite as far through as you. It is quite stunning the effect of property crimes, loss of inventory, especially for smaller companies who may not have the luxury to insure all stock and are never able to replace what is stolen. It is just a matter of when, not if, that someone opens fire in defense of themselves and property. Just look back, what 15-20 years ago when LA was rioting and the Koreans who protected their property with weapons, they were fortunate. This is just a sign of the demise of our country, a rapid one at that.

Never forget that freedom is not free, but the highest price one can pay, never forget those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so we may sit and whine how bad it is. Never forget that our enemies who want to silence our freedoms and the sacrifices made for those freedoms will come from within and not from a foreign occupier!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Flash Mob???

Flash mob, flash mob?? These are just run of the mill shop lifters. Nothing special. To give them a name of flash mob is an insult to those who do flash mob for entertainment, like singing in train stations. These are pure and simple shop lifters and deserve to be arrested. If it is my store and I am armed I have the right to defend my property. No private citizen should be involved with this.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #64

LM1,

If it walks like a duck......

A baseball bat can be an instrument of amusement or of murder. Only the kool-aid drinkers misstate the difference between instrument and intent. >MW

Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #65

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
Flash mob, flash mob?? These are just run of the mill shop lifters. Nothing special. To give them a name of flash mob is an insult to those who do flash mob for entertainment, like singing in train stations. These are pure and simple shop lifters and deserve to be arrested. If it is my store and I am armed I have the right to defend my property. No private citizen should be involved with this.

Can you defend your property with deadly force in Texas? I mean physical property, not your home. In other words, if someone is stealing your car can you walk out on your driveway and shoot them?

Not in GA brother. Unless he/she is trying to run me down... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #66

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
JPyle,

You got it right !!

"Flash Mobs" are the logical consequence of modern communication technology. Now its possible for gangs of black and hispanics to assemble, act in concert and disperse on cue long before civil authority can respond. This is domestic terrorism at its most basic- and terrifying -as its perpetrators blend into our neighborhoods. Participants often travel some distance to the scene. Their attacks are co-ordinated, distributed, sudden and violent.

As my eldest (who witnessed one such flash mob attack), remarked today, the only effective response is for potential victims to be armed and respond with short-range area weapons admitting of no successful trauma intervention. While politicians publicly deny the racial/ethnic characteristics of the flash mobs and debate the "reasons why", the mobs will only get more frequent and more violent.

Society can't afford sufficient police presence to thwart flash mobs. Nor do I anticipate taxpayers will long endure having their freedom curtailed by gang terrorism. I predict a bloody summer. >MW
why most the gangs be hispanic i have never been robbed by black or hispanics my house got broken into by a white meth adicted so please dont make this about race it about good and bad people

Last edited by bogcjg; 07-07-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #67

What two languages appear on the gates of every prison ?

I noted hispanics and blacks because those racial groups make up the majority of our prison population. There are damn few, (if any) white members of MS-13, Sinoloa, Bloods, Crips, etc. Are there white criminals ? Damn straight there are ! But most aren't gang members. The discussion of flash mobs means discussions have to include the racial/ethnic makeup of those mobs as well as age/sex and a host of other factors. Or should in order to learn where and how they appear and how to avoid becoming a victim.

Drink the Kool-Aid if you want, but I work in a prison system. >MW

Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #68

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcjg View Post
why most the gangs be hispanic i have never been robbed by black or hispanics my house got broken into by a white meth adicted so please dont make this about race it about good and bad people
My motto is to take people as they are, black, white, red, green or pink and purple polka-dotted... however... Isn't there some demographical (is that a word??) facts here?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #69

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
Can you defend your property with deadly force in Texas? I mean physical property, not your home. In other words, if someone is stealing your car can you walk out on your driveway and shoot them?

Not in GA brother. Unless he/she is trying to run me down... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

You can in Texas. WE have conceal-carry laws here. However the conceal carry law in Texas is a two edged sword. If you have a license for it, but someone sees you carrying it (even if by accident) then if they decide to report you, you have violated the law. I don't have a conceal carry license, but I carry my stuff in the car while I am traveling. All you have to do, if you are stopped by the police or highway patrol is inform them that you have a gun in the car and if it is loaded and where it is located.

There is an old joke about a highway patrol officer pulling over an elderly lady. He stepped up to the window and saw a 9mm laying in the front floorboard of the car. "Maam, is that gun loaded?"
"Yes it is" she replied.
"Well do you have any other guns in the car Ma'am?" he asked.
"Yes I do. I have a snub nose .38 in my purse." she responded.
The officer decided to ask one more time. "...and do you have any other guns in the car?"
She said, "Yes I do. There is a 1911 .45 under the seat and it is loaded as well."
The officer looked at her for a second and finally asked, "Ma'am what are you afraid of?"
She looked him square in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing."

That is Texas in a nutshell. We are hoping that next legislative session, in two years, they will approve the open carry. The indication is that street crime will drop by over 50% if that happens.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #70

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
You can in Texas. WE have conceal-carry laws here. However the conceal carry law in Texas is a two edged sword. If you have a license for it, but someone sees you carrying it (even if by accident) then if they decide to report you, you have violated the law. I don't have a conceal carry license, but I carry my stuff in the car while I am traveling. All you have to do, if you are stopped by the police or highway patrol is inform them that you have a gun in the car and if it is loaded and where it is located.

There is an old joke about a highway patrol officer pulling over an elderly lady. He stepped up to the window and saw a 9mm laying in the front floorboard of the car. "Maam, is that gun loaded?"
"Yes it is" she replied.
"Well do you have any other guns in the car Ma'am?" he asked.
"Yes I do. I have a snub nose .38 in my purse." she responded.
The officer decided to ask one more time. "...and do you have any other guns in the car?"
She said, "Yes I do. There is a 1911 .45 under the seat and it is loaded as well."
The officer looked at her for a second and finally asked, "Ma'am what are you afraid of?"
She looked him square in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing."

That is Texas in a nutshell. We are hoping that next legislative session, in two years, they will approve the open carry. The indication is that street crime will drop by over 50% if that happens.
Due in most part to georgiacarry.org, Georgia residents are regaining a lot of our rights. There is no requirement to inform, you can carry openly or concealed with your GWCL (Georgia Weapons Carry License) you are not required by law to show ID or your license just because an officer asks for it. Our public gathering law has gone away, and the places where you cannot carry are becoming less and less. Go GCO!