Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The mob and members of realize that they will take losses, it is inevitable. They realize they have a system that affords them a vehicle to loot and steal with minimal if any repercussions, to this day. I believe you will see much more of this at a greater frequency and many innocent folks will be hurt and killed as the mobs become emboldened because of no ramifications against them. Now, if you or I are with your children and a mob storms the mall, store or venue you may be in and you shoot for self defense, what are you defending against? Did they have a gun or knife or did you shoot because of sheer numbers and you felt in danger. Did you try to evade the situation before you shot? These are questions you will have to defend yourself against as you are brought up on manslaughter charges. But if it is me, and I'm with my kids, I'll more than likely be dropping them as they approach me, if they approach me. But remember the 21 ft rule for you do not have many seconds because this is why they call it a " Flash" The rot of society is rising up, it is time to push them back. And by the way, if you haven't noticed, the war within the states has begun, this is further evidence of it.

Never forget that freedom is not free, but the highest price one can pay, never forget those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so we may sit and whine how bad it is. Never forget that our enemies who want to silence our freedoms and the sacrifices made for those freedoms will come from within and not from a foreign occupier!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 AM   #52

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Where I live I am not required to attempt retreat. It is also within the realms of using a firearm in self defence if I am heavily outnumbered, as many people can very easily kill an individual no matter how much of a karate master he is. Not to imply that I am a karate master as I am not im just making an example. The good news for me specifically is that the one common denominator of these incidents and the knockout thing in another thread is not very common where I live. Also, I very rarely go anywhere alone and every single person I hang out with carries (I carry as well)... Bad news bears for any big mobs looking to beat up some people.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Where I live I am not required to attempt retreat. It is also within the realms of using a firearm in self defence if I am heavily outnumbered, as many people can very easily kill an individual no matter how much of a karate master he is. Not to imply that I am a karate master as I am not im just making an example. The good news for me specifically is that the one common denominator of these incidents and the knockout thing in another thread is not very common where I live. Also, I very rarely go anywhere alone and every single person I hang out with carries (I carry as well)... Bad news bears for any big mobs looking to beat up some people.
I explained to someone earlier, who is agianst carrying guns, that no matter how good you can fight, you won't win against 30 or 40 people at one time if you're not Batman or Captain America. It's not like a movie where they surround you and attack one at a time and you kick them once and they fall down unconscious. A mob of 30 or 40 people can maim or kill you in seconds.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #54

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I explained to someone earlier, who is agianst carrying guns, that no matter how good you can fight, you won't win against 30 or 40 people at one time if you're not Batman or Captain America. It's not like a movie where they surround you and attack one at a time and you kick them once and they fall down unconscious. A mob of 30 or 40 people can maim or kill you in seconds.
Disparity of force.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #55

Default flash mob defense

As a cch instructor, the concept of a" flash mob " presents a lot of problems. First, there is neveran excuse to shoot to protect property in NC. I can shoot in a case of "eminette dangetr of death, great bodily harm, r sexual asualt" to myself or to defend another, innocent , third party. THe violence againt people that was mentioned would be grounds to shoot. Propert theft wouldn't, unless I tried reasonable force, say fists, maybe joint and pressure point control tactics first. I can use force to protect property, just not deadly force. So, legall, I could stand n front of a riot, and say" put that down, or I will kick you Butt!" If at that point someone tried to kill me, or seriously harm me, I could shoot the ONE who tried to harm me. Not a real smart option.
With the new castle doctrine, we have no duty to retreat in any place we legally have a right to be in, and retreat would be a fine idea. Again, not real practical.
Or, I could shoot folks until the mob turned and ran. Trouble is, I couldn't defend myself by saying "they were part of a mob advancing on me, and i was in imediate fear of death." Or could I ? THis really is a hard legal question, and i haven't got any answers, only questions about anyone's legal rights here.
I do, however, know what I would do. I would single out one indvidual, if I could, and make sure he/ she understood I was going to kill them. Not shoot, not stop, but KILL them dead. THen I would go on to the next, and next, and next. Most stories I have read about riots, insurections,mutinies, etc., usually end well for a man who will "stand and deliver". Double taps to the thorax or head. Let the ones behind see the leaders go down and not get up. In most cases I have read, one to three go down, an ten thousand run.
I am not lawyer, and my post shouldn't be considered legal advice. THis really is new concept, and it would undoubtably be tied up in court for years. Just pray it doesn't happen to you.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #56

Default more

THe above situation is why I have stopped carrying my 4" model 29 and started carying either my Cz75 with 115 grain holow points or my 1911 with 185 grain +p hollow points. Some states have a legal concept that if you are in a car with a bank robber, you are guilty of bank robbery , too. If you go in a store with a robber, you are guilty, too. We don't have that here in NC. If your state has that, everyone in the mob could conceivably be charged with every crime that occured on the mob rampage. Not a bad concept, really. Here, we aren't that enlightened yet. I really worry about shooting through an 'innocent" with a 250 grain hollow point and hurting/ killing a third party. I have picked the most effective , mildly penetrating loads I can find. I still seriously doubt, even with my extrea fast double taps that capacity will ever be a problem. But, that said, the Cz and two mags is 49 rounds. 1911 and two is 25. Something to think about if the @$$holes wantd to stand and fight.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #57

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I think we are all overlooking the original flash mob. Flash mobs were invented by adolf hitler as a means of terrorizing and demonizing the jews of pre-nazi germany. He would arrange for a time and place made sure enough followers showed up then robbed jew owned shops enmass and beat the shopkeep and patrons within inches of their lives.
Actually the Jewish leaders may have organized the first flash mob while trying to get Jesus of Nazereth crucified, they succeeded. Lenin used them as well during the Bolshevik Revolution that eventually brought him to power. I guess the Minute Men gathering in Lexington & Concord to stop the British troops from seizing the arms and ammunition stored there could be considered a flash mob. The Boston Tea Party, I believe would definitely fit the definition.

Hitler just studied and learned from history, don't give him more credit than he's due. He didn't invent the flash mob anymore than Al Gore invented the internet.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #58

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Flash Mob?

These are not the fun gay people dancing that we see on TV. This is Gang Mob Violence. I have some experience with this and I can assure you they are not prepared to die for your stuff. They are not "children" they are old enough to go kill Muslims as members of our armed services. As soon as you present your weapon and act like you know what your doing your mob of 50 will become 2 or 3 maybe 5. Funny thing is one of them may discharge a weapon and most will scatter. Having your CCW is like putting a club on your steering wheel. It won't keep all bad guys away but will send %99.99 to easier prey. You have to act strong, own the night, be the predator when you encounter a gang mob. they don't wnt to get hurt.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #59

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

I'll just have my defense attorney say I was afraid of being raped in the @**

by these guys. Any competent judge should realize that's the

governments job...

Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 AM   #60

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

JPyle,

You got it right !!

"Flash Mobs" are the logical consequence of modern communication technology. Now its possible for gangs of black and hispanics to assemble, act in concert and disperse on cue long before civil authority can respond. This is domestic terrorism at its most basic- and terrifying -as its perpetrators blend into our neighborhoods. Participants often travel some distance to the scene. Their attacks are co-ordinated, distributed, sudden and violent.

As my eldest (who witnessed one such flash mob attack), remarked today, the only effective response is for potential victims to be armed and respond with short-range area weapons admitting of no successful trauma intervention. While politicians publicly deny the racial/ethnic characteristics of the flash mobs and debate the "reasons why", the mobs will only get more frequent and more violent.

Society can't afford sufficient police presence to thwart flash mobs. Nor do I anticipate taxpayers will long endure having their freedom curtailed by gang terrorism. I predict a bloody summer. >MW