Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/cops-fear-violence-against-flash-mobs-44727/)

clip11 07-04-2011 08:53 PM

Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs

Cops Fear Violence Against Flash Mobs

So let me get this straight, because alot of these flash mobs happen to be below the age of 21, which is just an arbitrary legal age, you don't have the right to defend yourself against them? Insanity at its finest! The flash mob participants aren't the real criminals, no, it's the gun owners that want to defend themselves.

The way we define 'children' is purely a social construct, unlike race or sex which is a biological reality (thats a discussion for some other time). They arrested two flash mob participants, one in St. Louis, the other in South Carolina. One was 5'11 186 pounds, the other was 6'2 212 pounds. One was 17, the other was 19. These are not 'children', other than the fact that society says they're children. But physically, these are full grown men. After puberty, they're no longer children. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say that those two 'children' referenced above are bigger and stronger and meaner than alot of 30 or 40 year old men. Our perception of what a child is is way out of line. Hearing the captain talk, you would think he was talking about a bunch of rambunctious first graders (6 or 7 year olds, real children) not a mob of violent teenagers bigger and tougher and than a lot of legal adults.

robocop10mm 07-04-2011 09:39 PM

The CDC started the whole BS of calling young adults "Kids" and "Children". Look at the "gun violence" stats put out by the CDC. If a person younger than 25 gets shot and killed (even by the police in a legitimate shooting) that is then catagorized as a child killed by gun violence.

The semantical bull sh!t arguments that our "children" are being victimized is just a part of the "big lie" the anti-American left is feeding the uninformed populace.

24 year old gang banger shoots it out with the police and catches a 180 gr HP through the melon, good riddance!

FatPat 07-04-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Law enforcement officials say it's a nightmare in the making because ordinary, private citizens are getting gun permits.
Emphasis: Mine.
Oh my goodness!! The peons are arming!

Quote:

That means flash mob children could be dead, and the would-be victims may have the right
May have the right? Pardon me?

Even the title of this pisses me off. Apparently, the cops (this cop anyway) are afraid that a gang of people, regardless of age, attacking somone might end with one or two of them getting ventillated. No fear for the poor citizen, minding his or her own damned business getting beaten, possibly killed? Are you freaking kidding me?

Jpyle 07-04-2011 09:48 PM

What a moron the Upper Darby Police Captain is.

Quote:

"We have people now that are fearful and carrying guns because of children. How sad is that?" Upper Darby police Captain George Rhoades said.
Children my azz...these kids are hard core gangsters that live in a society that encourages and rewards deviant bahavior and now feeds a desire to "get paid" by taking whatever they can, from whomever they want. He is right about one thing, sooner or later be it in Philadelphia or one of its suburbs, someone is going to shoot into one of these mobs and all hell is going to break loose.

bkt 07-04-2011 09:50 PM

Cops fear violence against flash mobs? Or did you mean "Cops encourage violence against flash mobs"? The latter makes a lot more sense.

Jpyle 07-04-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPat (Post 534654)
Emphasis: Mine.
Oh my goodness!! The peons are arming!

May have the right? Pardon me?

Even the title of this pisses me off. Apparently, the cops (this cop anyway) are afraid that a gang of people, regardless of age, attacking somone might end with one or two of them getting ventillated. No fear for the poor citizen, minding his or her own damned business getting beaten, possibly killed? Are you freaking kidding me?

Typical liberal pablum...the flash mob is the passive, inanimate object whereas the true victim defending himself is negatively portrayed as the violent actor in the encounter...

clip11 07-04-2011 10:32 PM

I said it before and i'll say it again....this is why constitutional carry should be allowed in every state. I can see it now where one of these flash mob participants get turned into swiss cheese and the police capt starts trying to lobby the state government to make it harder to get a permit.

CourtJester 07-04-2011 10:45 PM

Anybody watch the video?
That's just completely we tall did. Just sofa king we tall did.

clip11 07-04-2011 10:57 PM

Behold! A picture of your 'child'! For a child, he sure does have a lot a facial hair...

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (With Video) - delcotimes.com

JTJ 07-04-2011 11:00 PM

In some countries those kids would be carrying AK's and would not hesitate to shoot you.