Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cops can sell seized guns in Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have been to many Law Enforcement Auctions. It is by far the most junk firearms you will find. Criminals are not known for their firearms knowledge.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I was walking by our evidence "closet" about 25 years ago (currently a 50,000 sq ft warehouse). The evidence custodian was removing handguns from envelopes and parking something on the envelope. I asked and found out he was marking them to destruction or conversion.

Marked for destruction was a 6" S&W M-29 and a Waffenampt stamped P-35. I about fainted. I was able to convince him these should NOT be destroyed, but rather converted and sold. He later consulted with me prior to undertaking such endeavors.

We scrap the crap and sell or trade off the decent stuff.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

I presume the victim's friends caught up with the killer BEFORE the gun was sold. Once a case is DONE WITH, the gun can be disposed of. Done with as in can never be brought up again. The problem with this thought is people who want to come back 20 years after the killer is dead and "clear his name". Is it EVER really done with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have been to many Law Enforcement Auctions. It is by far the most junk firearms you will find. Criminals are not known for their firearms knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I was walking by our evidence "closet" about 25 years ago (currently a 50,000 sq ft warehouse). The evidence custodian was removing handguns from envelopes and parking something on the envelope. I asked and found out he was marking them to destruction or conversion.

Marked for destruction was a 6" S&W M-29 and a Waffenampt stamped P-35. I about fainted. I was able to convince him these should NOT be destroyed, but rather converted and sold. He later consulted with me prior to undertaking such endeavors.

We scrap the crap and sell or trade off the decent stuff.
Yes. He had no need for the gun or anything else for that matter. No coming back on that one. Lol

As far as the other two posts, and I'm I don't know if you've ever been in the evidence vault Robo, but you would cry if you saw some of the guns that get destroyed or never make it back out.
Never underestimate the firepower of criminals. I've seen everything from original colonization era black powder rifles up to rare and extremely valuable assault style guns. Some of the guns I've seen get resold were worth anywhere from $1200-$6000. Many that we destroy were in the same area.
Just for a random example of one of the guns that came off of the punks in this area (not the actual gun).
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=362307904

I don't need No stinking signature.