cop drop gun in mall part 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > cop drop gun in mall part 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default cop drop gun in mall part 2

Charges filed against sergeant who fired gun at Southridge Mall - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

about time!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just because he a cop dosent mean he should get a FREE PASS!. He should spend time in a jail cell and think about how STUPID he was.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

What would happen to someone who did that and wasn't a cop?

Give the same punishment to the cop.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Going to jail is too much, but he should not be a cop and he should never be allowed to carry again. The latter will potentially be the true punishment...he'll have plenty of time to think about every person (if any) he ever bullied or sullied under color of authority and wonder where they are and if one of them is behind him at the mall.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Is this dead horse going to be beaten AGAIN?

Worse case, it's a misdemeanor. First offense...he will get MAYBE a small fine.

Which is ALL anyone else would get.

But...go ahead and bash away. Some of y'all haven't had a cop to bash this week.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Is this dead horse going to be beaten AGAIN?

Worse case, it's a misdemeanor. First offense...he will get MAYBE a small fine.

Which is ALL anyone else would get.

But...go ahead and bash away. Some of y'all haven't had a cop to bash this week.
So I guess your a cop! other wise why would you defend a guy that has 25year exp. and carries a gun in his waist band?........ some PROFFESINAL!.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
So I guess your a cop! other wise why would you defend a guy that has 25year exp. and carries a gun in his waist band?........ some PROFFESINAL!.
I never defended HIS actions. I said repeatedly he is a dip. BUT...he doesn't deserve to get hung to the wall or pay a more severe penalty than anyone else would have to for no OTHER reason than "because he's a cop".

He apparently doesn't have a history of negligent behavior. And if it is in fact a first offense OF ANY KIND...then don't hammer him harder than someone else who just made a mistake.

The same as anyone else would get...pay fine...shame on you...do NOT do it again. Hell...I'd even send him back through primary firearms training at the academy with green peas just to drive the point home if I were handling it at a deprtmental level.

But don't cry for his head on a stake just because you have a hard on for cops. THAT'S what I was talking about.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
I never defended HIS actions. I said repeatedly he is a dip. BUT...he doesn't deserve to get hung to the wall or pay a more severe penalty than anyone else would have to for no OTHER reason than "because he's a cop".

He apparently doesn't have a history of negligent behavior. And if it is in fact a first offense OF ANY KIND...then don't hammer him harder than someone else who just made a mistake.

The same as anyone else would get...pay fine...shame on you...do NOT do it again. Hell...I'd even send him back through primary firearms training at the academy with green peas just to drive the point home if I were handling it at a deprtmental level.

But don't cry for his head on a stake just because you have a hard on for cops. THAT'S what I was talking about.
what you said is what the milwaukee pd chief said no big deal! I'm not saying hang him out to dry but since I have a CCW and if my gun droped and the bullet fragmets hit a woman in the leg I bet I would not have a permit anymore a big fine to pay and may jail time! or a differrent charge. thats all I'm saying why should he get off scott free.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What would happen to someone who did that and wasn't a cop?

Give the same punishment to the cop.
Pay fine. Shame on you. First offense. No history of negligent behavior. That's about what anyone else would get.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
what you said is what the milwaukee pd chief said no big deal! I'm not saying hang him out to dry but since I have a CCW and if my gun droped and the bullet fragmets hit a woman in the leg I bet I would not have a permit anymore a big fine to pay and may jail time! or a differrent charge. thats all I'm saying why should he get off scott free.
Well...don't let logic and reason cloud your thinking. You seem, to consistently MISS THE FREAKING POINT. Then again, based upon your lack of ability to put together a coherent sentence and convey a message, I am not the least little bit damned surprised.

Number One: (And I wish I could type this in a CRAYOLA font so you could understand it) You seem to have missed (or more likely ignored) the times where I have pointed out that it was a dip**** move. You also seem to have missed (or ignored) where I advocated making him repeat beginning firearms training.

Number Two: Anyone else with NO history of negligent or criminal behavior would rate jail time for this offense, so neither should he. HOWEVER...at NO time did I say he should get off, to use YOUR words, "scott free". I advocated a fine and even community service....which is about what anyone else would get. So, once again, your assertion is wrong. It misses the target, and is NOT founded upon ANYTHING I typed or advocated. It is founded SOLEY upon YOUR OWN incorrect interpretation of what I typed.

You are so damned dick-rigid for cops, that no matter what happens you are going to get on your indignant high horse, and cry "Frankenstein" from the rafters and demand a head on a stake.

My suggestion is that you learn to read and comprehend the written word. At best, you appear to be borderline functionally illiterate. May I suggest "Junie B. Jones" or "Dick And Jane" as a starting point?