Cop Block/Cop Watch... Thoughts? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cop Block/Cop Watch... Thoughts?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Taking video- from enough distance that you are not interferring with the officer- no problem for me.

For the person that THINKS they are an attorney and wants to become PART of the discussion/ interaction- that person may not know as much law as they THINK they know- and may be about to learn about interferring and obstruction charges.
I'll admit... I did see one video where the "sidewalk lawyer" got to join the perp for a ride downtown... and I enjoyed it.

Kid was mouthing off to the officer and telling the suspect that he did not need to cooperate with the officer.

Now... technically he was right... but we certainly was not the guys attorney and were I the officer, I'd have felt threatened "enough" to arrest him as well.

On the flip side... I've seen several when the officer is acting WAY to aggressive toward a citizen... bordering on abuse and intimidation... IMMEDIATELY change his demeanor when he realizes cameras are present... which tells me the guy who really needs to be filmed constantly... knows darn well how to turn off his equipment... and get away with it.

Sunshine really is the best "disinfectant".

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-17-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #12

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I don't have a problems with people recording. I have long grew tired of the YouTube commandos looking for their 15 minutes. Dumbassery is what it is. Recording it only brings proof and food for the all cops are evil set. Now if they actually catch an officer getting out of line that is not intrusion, that is evidence.

Cell cams are everywhere now days. Everyone including LEO just need to get used to it. I don't like traffic cams but am told that if I'm doing nothing wrong then I should be OK with it. That should work both ways...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

c3shooter Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #13

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Wow... hope you never find yourself on the wrong end of that "street justice"...

Tack
No kidding!!!!

Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Tack,

I think that's a pretty good idea.

Given that police officers are human and will do what is in their interest to do, it's nice to have an outside observer that can only observe and record what happened.

I also think a camera can't convey the totality of a situation.

I am of the opinion that everything the government does should be recorded in one way or another.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5090

I think maybe we all need to take a deep breath and get out our dictionary and look up "paranoid."

Winston Churchill

Old 05-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #16

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
No kidding!!!!
I dunno, it used to work. Don't ya think we'd all be well served by locutus being thrown a beating and questioned without a Miranda warning?

Kidding!

Right!?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #17

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Im a Badge Bunny, So i say the more cute cops we can get on video , the better.........

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 05-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5090

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I dunno, it used to work. Don't ya think we'd all be well served by locutus being thrown a beating and questioned without a Miranda warning?

Kidding!

Right!?

I'm an American. I have no fear of my police.

Where you from??

Winston Churchill

Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
As every patrol car has a camera, my Deputies are used to being on camera. 9999 times out of 10,000 the video exonerates the officer. I do not fear the civilians with I phones. They can, however, get a bit pushy to "get closeups". If we have to go hands on with someone, it is a potentially dangerous situation. We have a responsibility to keep the bystanders and ameteur videographers safe.

Keep a safe distance and vieo to your heart's content
What he said. 99.9% of encounters are recorded anyways. Idc just know your place don't over step the boundaries. Most of the guys on YouTube are just editing to favor there view; as well if you look for trouble long enough it will find you.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 868 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Kid was mouthing off to the officer and telling the suspect that he did not need to cooperate with the officer.

Now... technically he was right... but we certainly was not the guys attorney and were I the officer, I'd have felt threatened "enough" to arrest him as well.
Mouthing off is not illegal. Arresting someone for being mean to a LEO is pure and simple constitutional violation.

A local dept used to have dash cams... until their dash cam caught the officer violating constitutional rights... all the dash cams mysteriously were taken out as the technology wasn't "stable".

There are a lot of video gaps when an officer does something wrong. Courts have accepted the officers "word" when video cameras suddenly have recording issues.

Closed Thread