Convicted felon and guns - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Convicted felon and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
And in an old thread, no less. Wait, make that an old and beat to death thread...
This is a new thread on a valid and important Constitutional Rights issue, and they come around periodically for good reason - your personal "beating" habits notwithstanding. If you don't like this topic, "beat" it to one you like better.

This is important.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #122

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Read the thread.

There are SO VERY MANY scenarios where people have simply made a mistake and have truly become productive citizens, law notwithstanding. The law has actually worked against bestowing the rights to such people which should be enjoyed by all free men under the Constitution.

There are also stories of people who should NEVER have been freed.

People who have served their debt to society in whole should be automatically bestowed the rights of all free men. No further hoop-jumping required. People who are not worthy of such rights should not be freed men. Which part of that is wrong?

Last edited by TheGunLady; 06-18-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Patrick Sperry Likes This 
Old 06-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #123

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunLady View Post
This is a new thread on a valid and important Constitutional Rights issue, and they come around periodically for good reason - your personal "beating" habits notwithstanding. If you don't like this topic, "beat" it to one you like better.

This is important.
First, this is an old thread with more than enough posts to tackle the issue.

Second, I don't know who you are trying to convince, but it seems that the law is the law (it is the law ). Have you said anything new in this thread? No, you keep repeating the same mantra over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, infinity. Maybe it is time for you to realize that you are not gonna change the minds of those who keep saying that it is the law. Myself included.

Are you gonna bump all of the other old threads you have started or those in which you have posted just like you do once every 28 days or when you decide to stop by the FTF?

Paying one's debt to society does not stop with completed sentences in felony situations. That is why they don't call them misdemeanors. If you really want to come clean, please tell us as to whom and to the crime they have been convicted. Maybe we can help better if you were not being so vague.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #124

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Let's not forget there is a reason the Founding Fathers didn't address the rights of Felons who have served their time when discussing the 2nd Amendment. Back then felony crimes often and most usually = a death penalty, with very little room for appeals. This whole 'he/she has reformed, so forgive them already' kick is a 20th century invention of statistically unproven value.

Indeed, the only reason for having the discussion at all is the recent trend beginning in the last quarter of the 20th Century (and continuing through today) of the varied Legislatures to continue to change former misdemeanors to felonies and while also inventing new felony crimes of acts that were never crimes before.

Last edited by superc; 06-18-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #125
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Points noted and well taken

Superpec you list some very good reasons, and, aside from the Founders view, at least one of them. I think it was Ben Franklin, but am not one hundred percent sure; Laws that are unjust will soon be broken. Or something to that effect anyways.

As to the statistics involving recidivism? When I went to college we were told that statistics can be twisted so that they can be interpreted as one wants them to be. So much for hard science!

As far as our lady poster? I myself have often wondered. Didn't we lock them up long enough? Still, there is the real question about rehabilitation. What is the goal post there?

Also, I seriously doubt that I will be able to post for about ninety days as I am going to SLC for training for a new job.

I wish all of you the best! [/B]

Sua Sponte!