Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Legal and Activism (
-   -   Convert shoulder stock to pistol grip? (

boneleg 03-29-2013 03:47 PM

Convert shoulder stock to pistol grip?
1 Attachment(s)
The shoulder stock to my 702 plinkster was heavily damaged recently...
Is it legal to cut the shoulder stock off to create a pistol grip so long as the overall length is greater than 26"?

c3shooter 03-29-2013 04:22 PM

Well, I flunked law school, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week...

In general, a rifle (or firearm MADE from a rifle) must have an overall length of at least 26 inches, AND a barrel length of at least 16 inches. The shape of the gun is not specified.

That is Federal law (1934 National Firearms Act) In re: Your STATE laws, no idea, have no idea who you are, this conversation never took place, and 3 folks will swear I was playing poker with them.

From a PRACTICAL standpoint, guns like that look cooler than they are practical. Why not replace the stock?

hiwall 03-29-2013 05:31 PM

I agree with C3. The gun pictured would be about worthless from a practical point of view.

boneleg 03-29-2013 05:41 PM

The gun only cost $100 new.
Cannot find a new stock for it, don't really wanna spend much money on it. Figured I'd just slap a cheap bipod on it for when I need a bit more accuracy...

Axxe55 03-29-2013 05:45 PM

as far as it being legal, from what you have shown and C3 has specified, unless there are some state laws it would violate, then it looks to be legal. OAL of 28" and a barrel length of at least 16" and that rifle should have at least that. legal? yes. practical? not IMO.

as far as the others suggesting a new stock, i would also make the same suggestion. check out Boyd's Gunstocks. i have bought a couple there and they are very good and decently priced.

BTW, C3 cheats at cards!:eek:

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.