Contact your representatives!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Contact your representatives!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default Contact your representatives!

I posted this in the Politics, Religion and Controversy board but this needs as much exposure as it can get.

Now is the time ladies and gentlemen. We need to flood our reps inboxes and tie up their phone lines.

If you are unsure of who your rep is click here: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

This link will send the same email to multiple reps and also to President Obama: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Call, write, email, repeat.

The email below I got from another site, feel free to copy/paste or write your own.

Quote:
Hello,
I live in [my town] and am writing you to encourage you to OPPOSE any gun legislation that would further erode our second amendment rights. Diane Feinstein is going to propose a reinstated Assault Weapons Ban that will destroy thousands of American jobs in the firearms sector, waste Government resources attempting to institute a National Firearm Registry, and bloat governments reach further into law abiding citizens lives.

Gun control has been proven in cities like Chicago to be ineffective and will only cause harm to legal gun owners. I would like to link you to this article that polled random people in America, including non gun owners, and determined that over %51 polled DID NOT support an Assault Weapons Ban.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/poll-51-percent-dont-want-gun-ban-85512.html?ml=la

I would also like to remind you that in the wake of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, voters turned out in record numbers to vote out the Democratic majority that passed the law under President Clinton. I ask you to remember the voice of your constituents and see reason - an Assault Weapons Ban is NOT going to help our country and several studies have shown that the previous ban had ZERO affect on crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban#Expiration_and_effect_ on_crime

"In 2004, a research report submitted to the United States Department of Justice and the National Institute of Justice found that should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes."

In conclusion, Feinstein's ban will destroy private sector American jobs, disenfranchise the voting public and lead to a further distrust in our Governments ability to effectively run our nation.

A vote for this Assault Weapons Ban will result in me personally rallying support for your opponent in any further election and devoting ALL of my time and resources towards a more constitutionally friendly candidate.

Thank you for your time,
[my name]
With the news this morning that Gabrielle Giffords will likely back gun control at the federal level we need a show of force like no other.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here