Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Contact CO governor before he signs the law, he wants to hear from you about BAN (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/contact-co-governor-before-he-signs-law-he-wants-hear-you-about-ban-86578/)

CGS 03-15-2013 01:11 AM

Contact CO governor before he signs the law, he wants to hear from you about BAN

Email the governor, won't you please. I did. My message stated:

"Please do not sign the magazine ban into affect. If you do I will not be visiting Colorado for any of my future hunting, fishing or recreational trips."

From the Magpul Facebook page.

The Governor's office is still tallying emails for and against the gun bills that have been passed, in order to inform Governor Hickenlooper of public opinion on whether they should be signed into law or not. Let him know that they should not!

Use the contact form at http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/requests/opinion-leg.html to register your disagreement with HB1224 and the other gun bills. Please keep your message brief, polite, and to the point that you oppose HB1224 and all other anti-gun legislation, and urge the governor to VETO these bills.

bluez 03-15-2013 01:17 AM

Sent :).......

Holmes375 03-15-2013 02:51 AM

Done.

I travel to Colorado regularly to shop, canoe and enjoy the theatre and museums. I love to spend time in Fort Collins (Old Town) where I often treat myself to a nice Cajun steak and a splash o' the Macallan. Been doing this for 30 years.

I'd hate to see this come to an end but I'd simply have no choice.

GSmith1883 03-15-2013 09:46 PM

I am a resident of Colorado, have been all my life. I sent a couple emails each to our governor and our representatives, and they are not listening to us. Most of them don't even read them including the governor. I politely asked them to not vote for any of the laws restricting my 2nd amendment right, and asked them to focus instead on enforcing the laws against violent criminals to the fullest extent. Some didn't reply, most sent me a email that just told me " we need to have a serious conversation about gun control" and a bunch of crap about " military style weapons ". And the others including our governor replied a email thanking me for supporting their agenda to restrict magazine capacity, criminalize private firearm transfers without a background check, and worst of all holding manufacturers liable for their firearms being used in crimes. THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO US, THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY.

locutus 03-15-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSmith1883 (Post 1177328)
THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO US, THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY.

Then make them listen at the next election. Take the money that you were going to use to buy your next gun and donate it to candidates that DO listen. Then get some brochures and start knocking on doors.

sc00ts 03-15-2013 10:11 PM

Gsmith1883, as a fellow Colorado resident, I definitely identify with you. They are not listening, but we have to do what we can. Every email I send feels like an absolute waste of time but I have to remind myself that I don't want to look back someday and know that I sat idly by as they rammed this garbage though. At any rate, we'll have our revenge in the voting booth! Stay strong brother!

JTJ 03-15-2013 10:28 PM

They will listen to a recall petition.

GSmith1883 03-16-2013 01:59 AM

I will keep up the emails, and I continue to contribute to the NRA, National Association for Gun Rights and any other group that is trying to preserve our constitutional rights. I appreciate the support, and thank you for the reply.

nitestalker 03-16-2013 02:28 AM

Holmes 357 You mean you will really miss MacAllen Scotch??:( I will be surprised if a Liberal Democrat listens to reason.:confused:

Holmes375 03-16-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1177559)
Holmes 357 You mean you will really miss MacAllen Scotch??:( I will be surprised if a Liberal Democrat listens to reason.:confused:

I'll only miss drinking it in Old Town with a nice rare steak. The Macallan seems to taste even better when its served up by a pretty young lady ;)

Colorado's asinine political climate certainly won't have an effect on my whiskey habits here on the home front. My Macallan stash is as important as my ammo stash :D