constitutional carry - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > constitutional carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
BKT thank you sir, I understand.
If anyone would care to opine on post #37 of this thread, I would like to hear some other equaly biased opinions on Article 1 of the NJ const.
Sure, you could easily build an argument that "protecting property" implies you are free to own the tools to do it. Your problem (and mine, living in New York) is leftist legislators and judges who will ignore your claim, saying the cops will do that work or some such similar nonsense. If you try to file a claim against those same judges once some of your property is stolen or destroyed, they will cite the Supreme Court saying that law enforcement doesn't exist to protect people (or their property) thus contradicting their first argument. But that doesn't matter; they're illogical, irrational leftists.

Are there enough people in New Jersey who care about this and other issues to vote your idiot legislators and judges out of office? That's the real question. It's tough in New York...that big city to the south-east tends to screw the rest of the state.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #42
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Why we need constitutional carry.....Traffic stop turns up illegal gun - The Macomb Daily News: Breaking news coverage for Macomb County, Michigan

It is a crime that they are charging him with a crime! Mugshot is pretty funny though....
From a purist's perspective, there's a lot wrong with that and it highlights how far we have sunk and how much our basic rights are being crapped on.

From a practical perspective, the guy might just be an idiot. It would be interesting to hear his arguments WHY he was driving on a suspended license and WHY he was carrying.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Sure, you could easily build an argument that "protecting property" implies you are free to own the tools to do it. Your problem (and mine, living in New York) is leftist legislators and judges who will ignore your claim, saying the cops will do that work or some such similar nonsense. If you try to file a claim against those same judges once some of your property is stolen or destroyed, they will cite the Supreme Court saying that law enforcement doesn't exist to protect people (or their property) thus contradicting their first argument. But that doesn't matter; they're illogical, irrational leftists.

Are there enough people in New Jersey who care about this and other issues to vote your idiot legislators and judges out of office? That's the real question. It's tough in New York...that big city to the south-east tends to screw the rest of the state.
BKT thanks for responding,you and I share the same opinion of the way these "representatives " and supposed impartial judges work. I really don't see much in the NJ Const.Article 1, that could be left open for debate. It clearly states that I have the "unalienable" right to "defend life and liberty" and to "posess and protect property".
I guess the "children" states see "Papa" Federal Gov violating the US Const. so its OK for them to do the same.
I am going to begin composing a letter to the New Jersey Congressmen explaining in VERY plain and easy to understand language that the MAY ISSUE laws are in blatant violation on the Constitution of Screw Jersey.
If anyone here would like to pitch in and help me in the composition of this letter, I would welcome the help!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #44

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Here is the letter I sent to as many congressfolks who would accept my e-mail, alot would only accept from inside thier district. I didn't think the letter was great but it was late and I was beat but wanted to get it done.

Dear Congressman Lobiondo,
I am writing to you today to ask for your help in understanding. After reading the New Jersey Constitution, a question regarding Article 1 has come to light.
ARTICLE I
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.
According to this article, I have the unalienable right to defend life and liberty, and of protecting property, and of obtaining safety and happiness.
I do not understand what part of this Article allows the State to restrict the citizens of this states right to defend themselves by denying the right to Bear Arms.
Please help me to understand as perhaps I am missing some key point.
I thank you in advance for you help.

Sincerely and respectfully

Have not recieved any replies other than the automatic ones, but I'll post them if and when.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #45

Yeah, Great work pandemonium. I regularly send similar emails to the elected representatives where I live, on all issues that concern me.
I usually get the same computer generated replies, however I have actually received a couple of genuine responses.
I used to not care about politics and figured that I would be taken care of, because I live in a pretty conservative State. But no we all need to do this and more often, and urge others to do the same! They cannot continue to ignore We The People, and maybe will start understanding the For The People part of what they were elected to uphold!
Thank You!

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Gordo you are welcome, I also used to just sit back and watch, but I found myself watching our Country going down the toilet! I am taking a much more active role these days, I gotta say, I feel so small, just a tiny little voice in an ocean of noise! BUT, I will not stop, maybe, just maybe, it can make a difference. We need to all, keep fighting the good fight!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #47

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It would be interesting to hear his arguments WHY he was driving on a suspended license and WHY he was carrying.
Perhaps because he has the right to travel freely and the right to keep and bear arms?

Seriously.

What did this guy do to violate the rights of another person?

Did he shoot someone?

Did he hit another motorists car or a pedestrian?

Or rather,is the state violating his rights?

I believe the 'perpetrator' here,irregardless of his personal appearance,is the victim of the government.......

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as they are injurious to others."
-Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
"Things like this are a reminder that to us that guns are always out there," said Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard. "Typically, we find that people who are carrying guns illegally are doing other things as well."
Yes sheriff.Guns are always out there.Did you actually familiarize yourself with the Constitution that you took an oath to uphold,or were you just paying it lip service?
And what 'other things' might they be doing?
Driving to work or to the grocery store on a suspended permission slip from government to operate a private vehicle on taxpayer funded roads?

OOOHHHHhhhh...that sounds sooo .......criminal........

I'm sure the streets of Royal Oak Township are so much safer now that this dangerous individual is being processed by the justice system.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #48
bkt

There are a couple ways to look at this. One is from a (reasonable, IMO) purist's view which is what you're going after, Josh. Sure, he has a right to travel and he has a right to carry. Natural rights, that is.

But from a practical perspective, he made some goofy choices. Unless this guy has a plan to bring to light the issue of rights being eroded, he just ended up screwing himself.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #49

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Driving is not a right. Driving is a privilege granted by the state. That privilege is contingent on the driver following the safe driving laws set by the state. This guy was stopped for a violation of the traffic laws. Then it was discovered that his privilege to drive had already been suspended. And then of course the illegally carrying a concealed weapon violation. And he’s been arrested before for illegal possession of a gun. I have no sympathy for this guy.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #50

I do agree that you shouldnt have to have government permission to operate your own vehicle or to carry a concealed weapon. Who was he hurting? Society? He didnt hurt me and I guess im part of society. As a side note, this goes in the same book as laws against prostitution. If a woman wants to sell her body to a man for a negotiated price and that man is willing to pay, who's business is it?