constitutional carry - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > constitutional carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #31
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
No I dont I think that people should be able to purchase and carry firearms without any government interference. I heard that years ago, a person could buy a firearm at a hardware store, just like he could by a saw or yardstick.
As a young kid, I remember firearms were available just about everywhere. Department stores, gas stations, hardware stores, milsurp stores. Crime was lower then, too.

Crime didn't go up as a result of firearms being available easily. It went up because society as a whole began losing its moral grounding.

Government interference isn't the solution. Regaining our moral grounding is.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #32

300% with bkt!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I believe that every state should have constitutional carry. I think that of states have cpl laws that it shouldnt cost anything or very little (like 5 or ten dollars). it is unfair to charge someone for a constitutionally guaranteed right. If you have a poor man that cant afford the $105 that you must pay the state here in Michigan, should he be denied the right to self defense?

Also, how do anti-gun groups get off saying that the 2A doesnt apply to state and local governments. If you do that with one amendment then you have to do it with all of them. For instance, what if an anti-gun group had a demonstration in a very pro-gun state like Arizona. It was peaceful and they were handing out literature. Exercising their first amendment right to free speech. All of a sudden, the police come and break up the demonstration and arrest all of the group and charge them with a crime, that if convicted, would make them a felon.

The people arrested say they were exercising their 1A rights. They are told that the 1A applies only to the federal government and state and local governments are not obligated to recognize it. Imagine the outcry!!!

Anyway thats the end of my little rant.
ALL LAWS RESTRICTING THE OWNERSHIP AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Constitutional carry, just like concealed carry is a means to identify and control the citizens of the United States. Our rights, including the 2nd are given to us by our creator, not man and most surely not any government, be it local, state or federal.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #34

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

So many see the 2A as complicated. The right to

Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #35

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I'd rather her FAMILY do the right thing and take care of her than the government having to step in and do it.
Wouldnt you?
That's how it all started. AS people wanted personal responsibility taken from them so that they couldn't get in trouble because.."there's a law", "It's the law" , or "there should be a law" So that the burden of being responsible has been removed in many cases against the individual. It just makes it easier to pass more and more laws restricting people because so many really want to make sure that nothing is their fault. Little Billy burns down a house and kills sister Sally.. That's not the kids fault. It';s not the family's fault. It's Bevis and Butthead's fault. Who cares the parent(s) use da TV as a babysitter while they smoke crack in the bathroom or pat themselves on the back for being such good parents.

At some point people are going to have to relearn how to be responsible for their actions and the community at large. Why should John Q Public need to think about giving a homeless man a sandwich when there's the government to take care of them. Somehow people were fed and had a bed before welfare. You might even be able to keep a welfare system and have it funded properly if more people actually paid taxes. Why should someone making 14,000 a year not only get what they paid in but earned income credit? And these are the people that remind LEO when they are pulled over for DUI that their taxes pay the officers salary. The rich get off so easy with shelters and loopholes you will hear these people say. While the working poor like these that get their huge refunds and free medical cards or spend down cards. My Dad picked up coal on the side of railroad tracks as a kid in the 30's to make some money to help out. If money was short they worked harder. If people couldn't feed themselves private groups helped run soup kitchens. They not only took responsibility for themselves. They tried to take care of others as best they could.

People need to take a look at things in the proper light. If they did so they would see all the BS they allow just to keep from being responsible allowed for many of the laws that hobble our rights today. More need to wake up and see that we have given up way too much for the false piece of mind they get having government babysit them. It has dome more to change the WE in WE the people than anything else.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

If 1A were not incorporated against the states (the same way 2A is not today), then it would be legal for states to ban free speech or certain types of speech. It would be possible to arrest people for peaceably assembling, speaking their mind, and petitioning the government for a redress of their grievances. Sounds pretty nuts, doesn't it?

?
BKT, so with 2A NOT being incorperated against the states, the state laws can over-rule the US constitution? It would depend on the WORDING of each states Constitution, whether or not they would allow open or concealed carry. Does this sound right or am I not understanding something.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If my above summation IS correct, would this excerpt from the NJ constitution not garantee my right to defend myself and my property? It doesn't say anything about I would have to defend myself with a stick, my choice of defense TOOLS, yes? ARTICLE I
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.

I could also claim that carrying a firearm is my way of obtaining safety and happiness!
It is pretty cut and dry to me, but I guess I have a slightly BIASED opinion!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #38
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
BKT, so with 2A NOT being incorperated against the states, the state laws can over-rule the US constitution? It would depend on the WORDING of each states Constitution, whether or not they would allow open or concealed carry. Does this sound right or am I not understanding something.
Yes, that's right. It isn't that they're overruling the Constitution, but that the Constitution applies to the Federal government rather than state governments.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:13 AM   #39

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

BKT thank you sir, I understand.
If anyone would care to opine on post #37 of this thread, I would like to hear some other equaly biased opinions on Article 1 of the NJ const.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #40

Why we need constitutional carry.....Traffic stop turns up illegal gun - The Macomb Daily News: Breaking news coverage for Macomb County, Michigan

It is a crime that they are charging him with a crime! Mugshot is pretty funny though....