Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > constitutional carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I'd rather her FAMILY do the right thing and take care of her than the government having to step in and do it.
Wouldnt you?

I certainly would agree that if someones family has seen fit to place a mentally ill/disabled person in the care of professionals,that those family members and professionals -not the government- would keep them from accessing things that might be dangerous to themselves or others.

There is a lawful way to commit people to a mental institution as well,and I'm not in total disagreement with it because it involves the courts and the person in question can get due process,as far as I recall-to challenge being held against their will by the mental health authorities.

And people lawfully committed to mental health institutions or other hospitals should indeed be kept from excersizing their right to arms.Someone so mentally disturbed or disabled as they need a caretaker or to be institutionalized should have their rights restricted by the caretaker,but not by government,because even in this instance-when you give them an inch,they will take a mile.

Like trying to make every gun owner take a psych test and making up all sorts of 'reasons' why they aren't ' emotionally competent' or whatever to own a gun.

You cant let government break its own laws,because then there is no limit past that-and anything goes.
Oh I didnt think of that. You're right.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 AM   #22

Yeah, I'm sure this has been posted before, but Uncle Ted expresses my opinions exactly. Only liked a few of his songs though

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 06-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ted is most definitly THE MAN.
"A whole gaggle of numb-nuts", right on the money.

The federal gov has no authority to enact any gun laws, period. It is not their resonsibility,period.

I understand that in todays society there are many people who are afraid of guns and feel they are dangerous, this is a dead horse and I'm not gonna beat it because all here know better. I say this because, WHEN and I don't mean if, our second ammendment rights are no longer restricted, and ALL citizens of this great country of ours are permitted to carry in any way shape or form they choose, it will not take long for this hoplophobia sillyness to disappear. Firearms on hips, shoulder holsters,slung across peoples backs, however folks decide to carry will be a perfectly normal, everyday, run-of-the-mill thing.
I further believe that violent crime will be virtually non-existant, people will be polite and RESPECTFULL of others,etc,etc...
It would,in my estimation, only take,at most 2 generations, people can adapt to anything so this one would be easy.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #24

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Oh I didnt think of that. You're right.
Not a matter of right or wrong.

Its a matter of helping people to understand that if We The People dont have the government as our servants under Constitutional law,We The People will become We The Serfs.

Pandemonium has the right idea.

But let me take things a step or two further.

We have a central government formed under Constitutional law.The Constitution is supposed to be the Supreme Law,framing and regulating the authority of the government itself.No other nation in the world has this.Everywhere else,government is the supreme law-what they say goes.Look at history.
Where has that gotten us?What has that gotten us?

Kings,rulers,despots and dictators.With total power.And sometimes they are good,but oftentimes they are corrupt and evil.The point is,in America-the first government of its kind EVER in world history was created; a government that is restricted in its actions by a law higher than itself.

When we allow government to violate those laws -for whatever reason- we are basically saying to it that it no longer has to OBEY ANY of the laws that regulate it.

And were back to square 1-where humanity has been for pretty much all of recorded history,until the American Revolution -THE REAL REVOLUTION- (SCREW the commie 'revolution'-its just more of the same-dictators and despots) changed all that.

Now,this doesn't mean that the Constitution cant be changed to reflect 'modern times'.But the way that is done is not by claiming to have exclusive rights to interpret it however you want,even to the point of contradicting it and even going so far as to undermine it in the courts with clever statist lawyers -activists- dressed up in black robes and pretending to be justices-no.
Its called AMENDING it.
And unless its AMENDED, the part in the Constitution that CLEARLY says that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'-it is the law.

Period.

'Gun control' is illegal.

Its the law.

And no one is above the law,not any special interest group,or government official,not any politician or president-NO ONE.

Either we demand that government obey the laws that govern and regulate it-or we suffer the whims of a government that makes its own rules up as it goes.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-10-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #25

How about here in Illinois the last state to deny any type of carry?

I'd gladly pay the $105 to defend myself although I think it's wrong.

$25 for a permit and all the paperwork entailed seems justified.

Just a couple bug guns.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #26
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezpa View Post
$25 for a permit and all the paperwork entailed seems justified.
How is it justified? Would you be OK paying $25 in order to obtain a permit to write a letter to your representative? Or to post on a public forum?

If the concern is that violent ex-con felons will purchase firearms, then the right approach is to not release them back into society. All others, have at it -- buy what you want.

Buying a firearm should be like buying a loaf of bread.

I'm not trying to pick on you -- I get where you're coming from. But if you let government ration rights in ANY way, I guarantee you they will curtail them little by little over time until the nation is like Illinois is today.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #27

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I'm totally in agreement with bkt on this.

Its not the cost of the permit-its the requirement that we must bow and scrape for permission to excersize an inalienable right.
Its the 'permit',or rather the 'permission slip' we must have from government that makes me sick.

And too many people are falling for this new control scheme.

I can understand people being relived to finally have some iota of power to excersize their right-but this isnt exactly what I call a right being excersized.

Its a privilege being bureaucratically administered by out of control government.

I dont exactly see where in the Second Amendment it says we have the right to bear arms only with permission,does anyone else?

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I'm totally in agreement with bkt on this.

Its not the cost of the permit-its the requirement that we must bow and scrape for permission to excersize an inalienable right.
Its the 'permit',or rather the 'permission slip' we must have from government that makes me sick.

And too many people are falling for this new control scheme.

I can understand people being relived to finally have some iota of power to excersize their right-but this isnt exactly what I call a right being excersized.

Its a privilege being bureaucratically administered by out of control government.

I dont exactly see where in the Second Amendment it says we have the right to bear arms only with permission,does anyone else?
No I dont I think that people should be able to purchase and carry firearms without any government interference. I heard that years ago, a person could buy a firearm at a hardware store, just like he could by a saw or yardstick.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I myself am in agreeance with bkt we as a country should be able to carry how ever and when ever we want to. With out government interference! As far as the felons go I believe they should have the felon identity on their drivers license and or identification card. Then the mandated protocall for purchasing a firearm would be just simply showing your license and or id and still having your criminal history check.That's my opinion and we all know what opinions are. (they are just like a$$holes we all have them and some stink and some don't)

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
No I dont I think that people should be able to purchase and carry firearms without any government interference. I heard that years ago, a person could buy a firearm at a hardware store, just like he could by a saw or yardstick.
Yeah, so what’s the difference? Do you believe that we need governmental control over yardsticks, and saws as well?
They could as easily take a human life, as a firearm, if you sharpen the yardstick, it’s a bayonet, and maybe watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Our founding fathers were incredibly smart individuals, and this Freedom Will Last

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand