Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

These people are against guns... period.

They will restrict us as much as they can. Unfortunely, they do not care about criminals, because they know they will continue to break laws. As a matter of fact, whenever a mass shooting occurs, it is the perfect opportunity for politicians to use a political excuse to disarm law abiding citizens.. that's the ultimate goal.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My partner works for the phone company and sometimes has jobs inside schools- she walks right in, no "buzzing in". tries to figure out where the office is-wondering all around until she finds it- the secretary then TELLS her where the phone room is, instead of walking her there, off she goes wondering the halls again unsupervised! SHOCKS me every time she calls me saying zero security at our local schools!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #13

Liked 154 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I didn't know they had police on full time guard in some schools in America. Who vets the private security personal. ?
Private schools usually fund the private contractors. Tax payers foot the bill for local police in the younger kids schools. State colleges fund their own police force as do the private colleges.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #14

Liked 154 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextersmom View Post
My partner works for the phone company and sometimes has jobs inside schools- she walks right in, no "buzzing in". tries to figure out where the office is-wondering all around until she finds it- the secretary then TELLS her where the phone room is, instead of walking her there, off she goes wondering the halls again unsupervised! SHOCKS me every time she calls me saying zero security at our local schools!
It's so sad isn't it. I mean, I knew the liberals were blind, but this is so crazy its hard to believe! Why would anyone of sane mind vote for someone who does nothing to protect the kids?

Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5638 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Private schools usually fund the private contractors. Tax payers foot the bill for local police in the younger kids schools. State colleges fund their own police force as do the private colleges.
When I was teaching night classes, the community college hired some full-time officers and filled in with part-time, off-duty police officers from local forces. They were generally very professional.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
These people are against guns... period. ...whenever a mass shooting occurs, it is the perfect opportunity for politicians to use a political excuse to disarm law abiding citizens.. that's the ultimate goal.
It's the Rham Emanuel liberal rule of politics: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before”. Immediately following the Sandy Hook School tragedy, I mean within a few hours, liberal politicians were screaming for tighter gun control laws. This before they had any idea what actually happened. It was abundantly clear at that time when Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg and Richard Blumenthal of the political elites marched in step with a new found stimulant to take advantage of this tragedy to promote their political agenda.

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user"

Theodore Roosevelt

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #17

Liked 309 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Where would these security men come from.
Said this before. We've got thousands of Iraq and Afghanistan vets who need work, are already fully trained and experienced. That's the untapped resource for this job.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #18

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I am always disgusted every time I go pick up my son. He is in middle school. Every time I go there is a sign that says "If this door is locked call this number to be let in." My son has had some severe dental problems. He has lock jaw. I was picking him up once every 2 weeks or so. I probably pulled on that door handle at least 10 times. It has been locked once! There is not a resourse officer at the school. But there is a sheriffs deputy sitting out front every morning and afternoon writing speeding tickets! I get the tickets are a revenue generator. As soon as the flashing light for the lowered speed limit turns off the deputy leaves. Again I say "Disgusting!"

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1431 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 309

My high school and middle schoolers both told me they would LIKE to have an armed presence at their schools. All this school shooting stuff gets the kids to thinking too

Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #20

Liked 256 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Said this before. We've got thousands of Iraq and Afghanistan vets who need work, are already fully trained and experienced. That's the untapped resource for this job.
OK just here you woldent get a job near a school before being vetted. Just because you were in Afghanistan or elsewhere doesn't qualify you to guard children some come home with mental problems etc.