Connecticut bill to confiscate mags - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut bill to confiscate mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Burying stuff in the back yard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
I say we pass a law stating all gov. officials have to pass a common sense test before they can run. If they do not pass THEY are arrested and sent to jail. I hope and pray this does not pass. If it does I wonder how many more states are going to jump on the bann wagon.
I'm going to try to read up more on this but for right now I have to buy more mags and bury them in the back yard.
I would advise you not to bury anything of value in your own yard. Think about this: If you have even one gun registered in your name, the grabbers will dig up your entire yard to find them. Bury them in an open woods or meadow away from home and throw a box or two of nails over a one square mile area. I say this from experience. I lost my wedding ring in the back yard and borrowed a metal detector to find it, and all I found were 20 year old roofing nails and strings of nails (for a nail gun). I never found the ring!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 294 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 309

The greatest concern I have for this proposed legislation is the paragraph: "(b) Any person who possesses a large capacity magazine shall be guilty of a class D felony."

This legislation would, within itself, open the door to stronger gun restriction. Should this legislation pass, anyone in Connecticut possessing a magazine holding over 10 rounds (22 cal. excluded) would be guilty of a felony. That would automatically result in surrender of any CCW permit you possess and could allow for government seizure of all your weapons.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #53

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
The greatest concern I have for this proposed legislation is the paragraph: "(b) Any person who possesses a large capacity magazine shall be guilty of a class D felony."

This legislation would, within itself, open the door to stronger gun restriction. Should this legislation pass, anyone in Connecticut possessing a magazine holding over 10 rounds (22 cal. excluded) would be guilty of a felony. That would automatically result in surrender of any CCW permit you possess and could allow for government seizure of all your weapons.
Not for nothin, but what did you think the whole intention of this type of legislature is??

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #54

More wast by our governent
With current budget issues .... they have money to send someone to collect mags from law abiding citizens who intend no harm
Wastful spending I think

Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #55

How many people gett injured by the 11+ round probably not many