Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut bill to confiscate mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yeah, you need to watch that. Mags are treated separately from firearms but they have similar restrictions. If memory serves, no mag that holds more than 10 rounds made after Sep. '94 is legal. But a mag with absolutely no markings on it made of material that was used for mags before then are considered legal. Sometimes, there are markings stamped on the inside, so push the follower down and use a flashlight to check all four sides inside to be safe.
yea i bought them in a gun store, knowing there not preban at all, but before i even left the store i knew it was really bad to make a back door deal like that so i got my money back and said to much of a risk for me...

Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #32

I gotta say, I love Virginia! Our gun laws are great!

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #33
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
yea i bought them in a gun store, knowing there not preban at all, but before i even left the store i knew it was really bad to make a back door deal like that so i got my money back and said to much of a risk for me...
If they're made by a company that didn't start making mags 'til after 9/94 or if they're date-stamped, then you did the smart thing. If they had no markings at all and would plausibly pass as pre-ban, I'd have bought them if the price was right.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:42 AM   #34

I am a vietnam combat vet and if they ever tried to take my mag's or weapons away from me i hope they have enough ammo with them.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #35

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I just wonder where some of the so called "representatives" get their brains from.
Easily answered.

for brains

Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #36

thank god i live in Washington where it's shall issue and open carry and last i checked no mag cap limit, might have to look again.

Nothing say's "don't enter my house" like a newscast that says "home invader killed with Tomahawk"

Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." <- now that made my day

You cant go to war against the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly...

Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #37

The law is stupid ten rounds are they gowing to buy the high capacity mags from you ?
I live in maryland there tying a similar law heer
It only takes one shot to hurt somebody. High. Capacity only adis a poor shot most of us only need one or two shots right?
My 9mm came with higher cap mags 16rds so it the want them and arnt gowing to buy them from me for a good price well I would fight them I would tell who ever came to collect let me unload the first while he looks at the muzzle he would probably mess his pants and forget about me

Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #38

Default I doubt it will ever pass

True, it would be near impossible to enforce. They tried that stuff somewhere else (forgot where and when), but it flopped. If it does, buy a crap load of 10 rd mags and quad mag pouches....

Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #39

Yeah. I bet they would have a problem if we traded in our hand guns for 50cal sniper rifles too most any handgun fails in comparsion to them

Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
The gun owners in Connecticut have a few choices if this bill passes and is signed into law.

1. they can bow down to their masters and turn them in.

2. they can just blow the government dictaters off.

3. they can move out of that state.

4. they can go to war.

I think most will do #1
Actually from all the people I know in CT they will be doing options 2 or 3. The taxes and laws are bad enough as it is I can see a lot of people I know going for option 3.