Connecticut bill to confiscate mags - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut bill to confiscate mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

First of all, there isn't enough room in the prison system to send anyone to jail just for the mag issue. If this does pass which I hope the sponsors pass before the bill does, the cops aren't going out specifically looking for the mags. What will happen though is if someone gets stupid and starts showing off or spouting off about having some, then there will some type of enforcement or if some type of criminal activity involves the use of them, the state will come down heavy.

I just wonder where some of the so called "representatives" get their brains from. How can they justify taking property that was bought lawfully, and not pay any compensation. What's next to be confiscated, your guns?, cars?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 03-04-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If it passes, it is time to plant some 20 rnd mags in your legislators car, office, truck, scatter them about his or her front yard, in their garbage can, buried in the back yard, in the dog house!

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 03-04-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

Default A trap

Interesting.

My Sig P226 magazine is legal the day before the law is passed.

It is illegal the day after.

It is a class D felony if caught

Felons cannot own guns

Now my I am illegal

Scary.

Makes Illinois look like a free state.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #14

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

One would think that CT wold have learned their lesson after the first smackdown...

Quote:
In the United States, the federal government is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 3 of Article I, section 9 of the U.S. Constitution and the states are prohibited from the same by clause 1 of Article I, section 10. This is one of the very few restrictions that the United States Constitution made to both the power of the federal and state governments prior to the Fourteenth Amendment. Over the years, when deciding ex post facto cases, the United States Supreme Court has referred repeatedly to its ruling in the Calder v. Bull, 3 U.S. 386 (1798), in which Justice Samuel Chase established four categories of unconstitutional ex post facto laws. The case dealt with Article I, section 10, since it dealt with a Connecticut state law.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
One would think that CT wold have learned their lesson after the first smackdown...
Passing illegal laws is what lib politicians do...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Passing illegal laws is what lib politicians do...
Yup and then they get the Supremes to back them up.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #17

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yup and then they get the Supremes to back them up.
Hey, I like that CA357.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #18

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Sorry, couldn't help it...

14235__supremes_l.jpg

Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

welcome to my life here in beautiful NY...

Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
welcome to my life here in beautiful NY...
Tommy, I hope you are being as active as you can be by e-mailing and sending letters to your reps, encourage your friends of like mind to do the same! Never give up the fight!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson