Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Gonzilla is making a strong point. It must be understood that there only be one result from the Connecticut Gun Laws. The Connecticut Gun Law as passed has created a new group of Felons. These Felons were just average mostly middle class taxpayers last week. This week everyone of these citizens who owns even "Grand Paws" old WWII relic hand me down is a potential Felon. The lawyers he wrote and passed this law have created for themselves thousands of new clients.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #82

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Should he bite off more that he can chew, he'll learn that lesson first hand.
Tack
... Time to assemble a new "rebel alliance" before the Death Star is operational ????? .... Oh crap! I forgot that they have drones now!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #83

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
... Time to assemble a new "rebel alliance" before the Death Star is operational ????? .... Oh crap! I forgot that they have drones now!

image-926300400.jpg

Here ya go!
image-2886358282.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #84

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla

I truly HOPE you are right but I live in CT and have seen our police enforce the laws outside of public & private gun ranges.

My bud left his Ruger Ranch Rifle for safekeeping. It had a folding stock. He owned it before folding stocks became illegal but failed to get the stock grandfathered in.

I could not shoot the weapon at a public or private range w/o violating the law. Don't know if I would have been fined, lost the gun, my CC license or all 3. Couldn't afford the legal fees to fight it so I had to replace the stock. It was a real PIA to have a gun and not be able to use it w/o fear of arrest.

SCOTUS might save our bacon but this would also not be the first time a 5 to 4 decision didn't go the RIGHT way.

I have no intention of violating the law or giving the state any reason to revoke my CC license. In this crazy blue state, I NEED a CC license just to take my pistols to a private gun club for target practice.
It's just the gun that gets grand fathered in. If the gun is pre ban it can accept a folding stock at anytime w/o grandfathering

Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning View Post
It's just the gun that gets grand fathered in. If the gun is pre ban it can accept a folding stock at anytime w/o grandfathering
Unfortunately, this was not true for CT - the guns, Ranch Rifles were modified by design (by Ruger) to avoid the assault weapons ban ie no flash suppressor etc. IMHO it was why the original ban was such a joke. My bud & I both bought our Rugers during the original ban.

I do not recall "when" or "why" folding stocks became taboo but it was after we bought our guns. My gunsmith advised me I had few options. Owning a folding stock was not illegal, it only became illegal when attached to a firearm. Some folks even permanently welded the folding stocks in the open position to become compliant. (Which defeated the purpose of owning one to me.)

Last edited by Gonzilla; 04-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #86

Liked 450 Times on 250 Posts

Make sure you all go to the rally on April 20th in Hartford !!!!

image-1174887327.jpg  

Old 04-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #87

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
I have no intention of violating the law or giving the state any reason to revoke my CC license. In this crazy blue state, I NEED a CC license just to take my pistols to a private gun club for target practice.
Please read MLK's "Letter From Birmingham Jail". Sometimes protest beyond the law is what's needed to gain your rights back. It is something that has been practiced since the Old Testament. Here's just the first paragraph of his idea on protest beyond the law...very powerfully put:

- "You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'"

Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 270 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
...Sometimes protest beyond the law is what's needed to gain your rights back...
All this tough talk about ignoring the law and citing the history of dissident action as justification is feeding right into the hands of the libs. We're not in the 18th century. This fight will be done in the courts and legislative offices by lawyers and politicians with the help of those who support Second Amendment Rights. Up here in the northeast we are on the front lines in the heart of liberalism. We have been extremely active with communicating to legislatures, attending rallies, writing in to the newspapers and calling in to express our views on local radio stations. You guys in the gun friendly states can sit back criticize and yuck it up all you want but you don't have a clue as to what has been going on in the trenches up here. If you want to do something constructive, make a trip to the Capital Building in Hartford, CT on April 20th to give us some support otherwise stick your tough talk comments where the……………well I think you’ll get the point.

As noted by others in previous posts, ignoring the new laws will put one in a position of possibly committing a felony. The future of your gun rights at that point will be completely surrendered and, that's exactly what the libs. would love to start seeing. We'd be advertized as a bunch of "Gun Nuts" who ignore the law and that would be used to encourage even more restrictive gun laws.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #89

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

http://dennishouse.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/lawyer-new-connecticut-gun-law-not-legal/

Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #90

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777

All this tough talk about ignoring the law and citing the history of dissident action as justification is feeding right into the hands of the libs. We're not in the 18th century. This fight will be done in the courts and legislative offices by lawyers and politicians with the help of those who support Second Amendment Rights. Up here in the northeast we are on the front lines in the heart of liberalism. We have been extremely active with communicating to legislatures, attending rallies, writing in to the newspapers and calling in to express our views on local radio stations. You guys in the gun friendly states can sit back criticize and yuck it up all you want but you don't have a clue as to what has been going on in the trenches up here. If you want to do something constructive, make a trip to the Capital Building in Hartford, CT on April 20th to give us some support otherwise stick your tough talk comments where the……………well I think you’ll get the point.

As noted by others in previous posts, ignoring the new laws will put one in a position of possibly committing a felony. The future of your gun rights at that point will be completely surrendered and, that's exactly what the libs. would love to start seeing. We'd be advertized as a bunch of "Gun Nuts" who ignore the law and that would be used to encourage even more restrictive gun laws.
Funny how if you took the word gun out of your post you could be talking about civil rights as if it hasn't happened yet. I bet they said the same things you said. And yeah, the reason we talk tough is because when we say "come and try", that's exactly what we mean. We are down here DARING our representatives to try and pull the unconstitutional bull**** y'alls representatives are doing. We've started a fight once a long time ago...I doubt we're too afraid to do it again. Let them think what they want of you, and persecute you for your convictions, but all that matters at the end of the day is what you stand for and the lengths you're willing to go to stand up for your beliefs and what you know to be just and fair.

Newest Threads