Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Don't be bluffed by the liberal press. One or two states pass some gun control legislation. The press reports on it 24/7. We have many more states allowing CCW and gun owners protection. It is not reported.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #72

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Don't be bluffed by the liberal press. One or two states pass some gun control legislation. The press reports on it 24/7. We have many more states allowing CCW and gun owners protection. It is not reported.
Brother, I know you're right. It's started. The Republiks of Kolorado, Kalifornia, Neu York, will follow suit. People will get arrested, maybe killed, attempting to get their weapons. The media, in cahoots with the Demokrats, will play it up! It needs to be stopped!! Now!!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #73

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Like nitestalker said, anyone can choose to ignore the new laws, but at their own peril. I would love to ignore, however, for any reason I run into the police with a gun involved, that's not registered, they will do some digging. Violations now are a class C felony, 2 years minimum mandatory, and surely loss of your guns for good. There are quite a few gun manufacturers here, and they are not happy and are voicing their opinions. You can't get through to these people though.

I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #74

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
Like nitestalker said, anyone can choose to ignore the new laws, but at their own peril. I would love to ignore, however, for any reason I run into the police with a gun involved, that's not registered, they will do some digging. Violations now are a class C felony, 2 years minimum mandatory, and surely loss of your guns for good. There are quite a few gun manufacturers here, and they are not happy and are voicing their opinions. You can't get through to these people though.
..Like I stated earlier "Sieg Heil !!" What next, they gonna make citizens wear a patch ???

Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 454 Times on 307 Posts

03 I guess I don't understand your complaint I was complaining it totally pisses me off about the magazines Restrictions. Just trying to get a uproar were people will make the news make notice that we care I would not ever register my magazines my point was they don't have a way of doing it so it would cause a major Cluster f ck at the Capitol. Because we cannot get no news coverage on this. except for Fox all the other stations what the hell. another point California's have these laws for over 20 years so the country let that happen to California and now is trickling down two other states. when you say hey I hate to live in California cuz of that well its a stepping stone once one state Falls the rest will eventually trickle down. so to sit there and say nothing because its not your state that is falling to these lefties. remember everything is done for a purpose. A baby step to take all our guns. us Californians have been let down by the country. 2 be quiet and let what happen to us long time ago just because you didn't live in this state. let that be an example to everybody one tiny little baby step leads to a big jump.!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #76

Liked 4516 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Yep... I get the Wal Street Journal and Wednesdays paper had an article on this with a very descriptive bar graph showing the ration of "pro gun" legislation vs "anit" legislation that's passed since Sandy Hook.

The score is like 50 to 3... with the exceptions of NY, CO, and CT... BHO's little speach has been a national "victory" for the gun rights movement.

Add to that over 300 County Sheriff's telling the Fed's to "pound sand" and record sales to "first time buyers"... BHO has done more to empower us and the NRA than we ever could have accomplished on our own.

I don't care how "blue" and "libtarded" the State of CT is, I don't see LEO's going looking for these guns and mags unless someone get's stupid.

I'm confident the SCOTUS overturns this, NY, and CO... BUT... in the mean time...

...it is CRITICAL to NOT allow a registry of any kind to be established. The law is the law, yes, but it's useless without "compliance".

Do Not Comply.

Tack

Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #77

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
BHO's little speach has been a national "victory" for the gun rights movement.
Tack
...Every time I see him at one of his pre-screened, anti-gun "pep rallies", I keep thinking of that scene from Star Wars where the pretty girl says "So this is how liberty dies?? ..To thunderous applause.."

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #78

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

...Every time I see him at one of his pre-screened, anti-gun "pep rallies", I keep thinking of that scene from Star Wars where the pretty girl says "So this is how liberty dies?? ..To thunderous applause.."
Damn, you're right!

Old 04-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #79

Liked 4516 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
I understand the feeling but our "TelePrompTer In Chief" is far to light in the ass to accomplish much.

Should he bite off more that he can chew, he'll learn that lesson first hand.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-06-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Yep...

I don't care how "blue" and "libtarded" the State of CT is, I don't see LEO's going looking for these guns and mags unless someone get's stupid.

I'm confident the SCOTUS overturns this, NY, and CO... BUT... in the mean time...

Do Not Comply.

Tack
I truly HOPE you are right but I live in CT and have seen our police enforce the laws outside of public & private gun ranges.

My bud left his Ruger Ranch Rifle for safekeeping. It had a folding stock. He owned it before folding stocks became illegal but failed to get the stock grandfathered in.

I could not shoot the weapon at a public or private range w/o violating the law. Don't know if I would have been fined, lost the gun, my CC license or all 3. Couldn't afford the legal fees to fight it so I had to replace the stock. It was a real PIA to have a gun and not be able to use it w/o fear of arrest.

SCOTUS might save our bacon but this would also not be the first time a 5 to 4 decision didn't go the RIGHT way.

I have no intention of violating the law or giving the state any reason to revoke my CC license. In this crazy blue state, I NEED a CC license just to take my pistols to a private gun club for target practice.