Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Connecticut ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #31
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1248 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 440

An unconstitutional law is a violation of your civil rights guaranteed under the Constitution. Any body that passes an unconstitutional law are themselves guilty of violating the Constitution and the oath they took to uphold it.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

People Like This 
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #32

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
Not to be a dick, but I revised your Benjamin Franklin quote above ^^
Woops! Glad you caught that. Copy and pasted from the DOJ website if you can believe that!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 04-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ

Not to be a dick, but I revised your Benjamin Franklin quote above ^^
I thought it was July 4th also. Hmm.

No offense and none taken

Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #34

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool

I thought it was July 4th also. Hmm.
They adopted it on July 4th which is why we celebrate that holiday, but it was actually signed on August 2nd.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 685

I grew up in the South and remember when I was a kid signs outside public restrooms that said "NO COLOREDS." There were laws banning black people from a lot of things, even attending state universities. It took a lot of guts to cross the line but it was a line that had to be crossed. And the people that stood up to those bad laws were just normal folks. They got beat up, jailed, attacked by police dogs, sprayed with firehoses, sometimes had their houses and churches burned to the ground, and not a few of them were murdered when the law turned its back...but they got those bad laws off the books.

Sometimes you just have to grow a set of balls.

War to the knife; the knife to the hilt
People Like This 
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #36

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

My Daddy grew up during those times and always told me about how segregated things used to be... and how the current generations need to be reminded of that so they can appreciate how things are now. One of the last bastions of racism left here in the South are the current and proposed gun control measures... Not only does it make criminals out of law abiding citizenry, it keeps the possibility of self-defense out of the hands of those that need it the most. This is from Wikipedia under "North Carolina Gun Laws";
Acquiring a handgun...
To acquire a handgun in North Carolina (including private sales, gifts, and inheritance) an individual must go to the county sheriff's office in the county in which they reside and obtain a pistol purchase permit. This is not required if one has a CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) permit. State law requires the applicant to appear in person with government ID, pay a $5 fee, undergo a background check similar in scope and scrutiny to NICS, and have a reason for owning a pistol (hunting, target shooting, self defense, or collecting). Because there are 100 different counties in North Carolina, there are different sets of rules and requirements for obtaining such a permit, which can be determined arbitrarily by the local sheriff. Some sheriffs impose other restrictions such as a limit on the number of permits applied for at a time, waiting periods, and/or proof of good moral character (a witness or references, in some cases notarized with affidavits). The Pistol Purchase requirements are a holdover from Jim Crow laws that were designed to prevent African-Americans and other minorities from easily obtaining handguns.
Durham County requires the registration of handguns. In accordance to North Carolina Law, no other county or local government may require handgun registration

I sure would like to see the NAACP tackle that issue instead of getting there hackles up about a flag used in its historical context.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5368-confederate-flag-removed-from-north-carolina-state-capitol

Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #37

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter

How would you suggest I go about not registering ? By not registering I would be in violation of the law, and therefore on the same level of a street hoodlum.

I fully intend to move out of this state as soon as my son is out of high school, but till then as a law abiding gun owner I will follow the laws. I may not like it but it is better than jail time.
And that's how they win. No wonder CT has those laws in place with guys just saying "**** it, I quit! I'm taking my toys and going home!!"

Oliver Ellsworth, William Samuel Johnson and Roger Sherman are rolling over in their graves!!

Stand up and fight for your rights!! Make your voice heard. Yell louder with facts!! Registering magazines? Really?? Or do you want someone else to do it for you??

Name:  image-2377048207.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  15.4 KB

Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamamasami View Post
Stand up and fight for your rights!! Make your voice heard. Yell louder with facts!! Registering magazines? Really?? Or do you want someone else to do it for you??

Absolutely. Nobody's saying you have to start a revolution...If enough people make enough noise you won't have to register your magazines

War to the knife; the knife to the hilt

Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 346 Times on 236 Posts

Maybe if enough people go down to the courthouse or wherever you're supposed to register your magazines And completely shut the building down with your bodies It will cause a major disturbance because I'm sure they do not have a way of registering your magazines right now Last time I looked my magazines don't have serial numbers I realize people will lose time at work But causing a cluster fu ckk might get some news involved and I'm talking not just Fox all the other lefties supposably news stations right. I already lived in the f up state California. I feel your pain and mine is going to get worse I'm sure PS anybody wanna move to California I have a house for sale lol.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #40

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b
Maybe if enough people go down to the courthouse or wherever you're supposed to register your magazines And completely shut the building down with your bodies It will cause a major disturbance because I'm sure they do not have a way of registering your magazines right now Last time I looked my magazines don't have serial numbers I realize people will lose time at work But causing a cluster fu ckk might get some news involved and I'm talking not just Fox all the other lefties supposably news stations right. I already lived in the f up state California. I feel your pain and mine is going to get worse I'm sure PS anybody wanna move to California I have a house for sale lol.
Too many earthquakes!! Nice weather, for he most part. But it's the earthquakes that keep me from CA. Oh, and wildfires! I forgot about the landslides. Then there's the bears! And the cougars!! Oh, jeepers, I may run into one of the Kalifornia libtard spouting trash and I might get arrested. Nah, I'll stay in Texas, thanks.