Conn. school shooting - Page 59
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #581
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

And to attack my own on the job professionalism is just pathetic. Your right, I couldn't hack it. That's why I was promoted so quickly...

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #582
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Really, *** DELETED - Drop the name calling ***, and getting hung up on the details of an irrelevant history.
I always find history irrelevant when it doesn't benefit the side of my argument.
__________________
kelzebubba is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #583
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzebubba View Post

I always find history irrelevant when it doesn't benefit the side of my argument.
The argument is "why they (private security companies) have the policies they have"

So, actually, their industry history benefits my side of the argument greatly, seeing as how the police unions did NOT shape their policies, only the parameters of the overall industry.

But whatever.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #584
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

It seems like the argument is putting a firearm on the belt of a teacher that gives them the right to say I want to live another day.

__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
eldarbeast Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #585
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 252
Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm not avoiding the history here. I'm saying it's irrelevant to the reasoning behind their current SOP's. They're unrelated.
And I disagree wholeheartedly.

Had the police unions not pressured lawmakers into making laws that favored ONLY the police over Security companies, there is a very good chance that They would not be running in fear of lawsuits.

And Security companies would be paying their security personnel higher wages, and the security personnel would be actually proud of their careers and be of more worth than what is currently seen by Your own example.

eldar
__________________
eldarbeast is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #586
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 252
Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
So, actually, their industry history benefits my side of the argument greatly, seeing as how the police unions did NOT shape their policies, only the parameters of the overall industry.
But whatever.
Only in Your narrow outlook.

Just because You chose to ignore history, doesn't mean History will ignore You.

eldar
__________________
eldarbeast is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #587
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston,Texas
Posts: 252
Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And to attack my own on the job professionalism is just pathetic. Your right, I couldn't hack it. That's why I was promoted so quickly...
If You are an example of whatever Security company You work for, I can see just why They are running in fear of lawsuits...

eldar
__________________
eldarbeast is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #588
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

If You are an example of whatever Security company You work for, I can see just why They are running in fear of lawsuits...

eldar
Sure, sure. Because you know me so well. People like me are the reason they're afraid of lawsuits, which is why people like me get promotions and the raises to go with them. From officer to supervisor, and 10 bucks to 16 bucks an hour, in less than a year.

Your right, I must've been a real detriment to their image.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #589
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
It seems like the argument is putting a firearm on the belt of a teacher that gives them the right to say I want to live another day.
You're right. Thread drift. But how much you wanna bet it doesn't go to PM's? Some people refuse to argue without an audience.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #590
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
But how much you wanna bet it doesn't go to PM's? Some people refuse to argue without an audience.
Some do both.
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio High School Shooting G30USMC The Club House 26 12-31-2012 08:34 PM
School Shooting Nearly Hits Home doctherock The Club House 8 11-05-2011 04:45 AM
School Shooting in Los Angeles gregs887 Politics, Religion and Controversy 16 02-27-2011 04:39 AM
School Shooting murraywc The Club House 9 09-01-2010 11:31 AM