Conn. school shooting - Page 58
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #571
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
In many states the role of a security office has been lowered to just observe and report. Nothing more.

Many armed security officers are limited to using their weapons for self defense ONLY.

Many of the Police Unions throughout the United States have worked hand-in-hand over the last four decades to ensure that these restrictions on security officers are put into law.

Security officers generally make something above minimum wage. Armed security officers earn 2-3 dollars an hour more.

Police officers working as armed security make $35 - 50 dollars an hour.

Security officers are 'worthless' because the police unions have made them so.

eldar
Greedy Unions making things worse off for everyone, wow I am surprised...

Unions only care about those who are actively paying dues.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #572
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8583 Times on 4957 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

I wonder if it is because of actual lawsuits that caused the current situation or was it the Unions threatening or warning of lawsuits? How many security officers/companies have been sued successfully for actions they have taken?

Point of fact: Several years ago I looked into becoming a volunteer firefighter (a volunteer security guard if you will) and found out that in order to do so and to be assigned to the local fire station I would have to undergo the required 300 hours of training which is exactly the same as what professional firefighters go through. Difference is that I would have to do so at my own expense!!!!

Sound similar? Well, come to find out that the firefighters unions pushed this through to prevent volunteers from "taking jobs away" from professionals. Today we have fire stations that are being closed and understaffed due to the lack of personnel.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #573

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post

The "observe and report" mentality....lol
....yeah, pretty much. My reported observations...

Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #574

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Having worked in security, I have found that every company I've worked for limited the actions of their officers because they were terrified of the almighty lawsuit. That has nothing to do with police unions and history, that has to do with my personal experience on the job, armed and unarmed.
Steel_Talon, trip286...

You do security companies a great diss-service with your comments, and show your short sightedness in your observations.

trip286, your observations show only recent history, the last forty years of security service.

Those actions, Observe and Report, and the 'fear of lawsuits' are a direct result of police unions encouraging elected officials (city, county, state and national) to limit the Private Security organizations from being effective in the fight against crime.

Review the history of Pinkerton which once provided security for president-elect Abraham Lincoln. And later provided protection to those who would work rather than strike. And hunted down various and asundry bank and train robbers during the late 1880's.

It was due to these successes that the police unions decided to combat by limiting the security companies. To protect their union member's jobs.

eldar

Last edited by eldarbeast; 01-01-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added several paragraphs
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #575
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1959 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 4146

I know a few security guards, some are retired military and/or police officers. They're paid $9.00 an hour.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #576
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8583 Times on 4957 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I know a few security guards, some are retired military and/or police officers. They're paid $9.00 an hour.
Why is it that people who defend our security are paid $9.00 an hour and those idiots out there who defend half a football field are paid millions?

That is freaking upside down!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

Steel_Talon, trip286...

You do security companies a great diss-service with your comments, and show your short sightedness in your observations.

trip286, your observations show only recent history, the last forty years of security service.

Those actions, Observe and Report, and the 'fear of lawsuits' are a direct result of police unions encouraging elected officials (city, county, state and national) to limit the Private Security organizations from being effective in the fight against crime.

Review the history of Pinkerton which once provided security for president-elect Abraham Lincoln. And later provided protection to those who would work rather than strike. And hunted down various and asundry bank and train robbers during the late 1880's.

It was due to these successes that the police unions decided to combat by limiting the security companies. To protect their union member's jobs.

eldar
Really, *** DELETED - Drop the name calling ***, and getting hung up on the details of an irrelevant history. I actually know quite a bit on the history of Pinkerton, having worked for what is now a shadow of their former "glory" and really, they were little more than a mercenary organization, or just professional strongmen if you will. Hired muscle.

I stand by what I said. Regardless of the history, security companies of this day and age limit their officers' approved actions based on their legal teams' analysis of the likelihood of a lawsuit resulting from a given past action.

This is the reason for their current policies, as I said. I never claimed to speak for their history, only for the reasons that they do what they do right now.

Last edited by ScottA; 01-02-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Name calling

Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 AM   #578

Quote:
Really, *** DELETED - Drop the name calling ***, and getting hung up on the details of an irrelevant history. I actually know quite a bit on the history of Pinkerton, having worked for what is now a shadow of their former "glory" and really, they were little more than a mercenary organization, or just professional strongmen if you will. Hired muscle.

I stand by what I said. Regardless of the history, security companies of this day and age limit their officers' approved actions based on their legal teams' analysis of the likelihood of a lawsuit resulting from a given past action.

This is the reason for their current policies, as I said. I never claimed to speak for their history, only for the reasons that they do what they do right now.
Good thing I'm not into name calling ~ I find that it's not worth the breath...

I really appreciate how you've turned this part of the discussion from when Security Companies were worthy advesaries versus criminals to something you've sullied with your words - Are you demonstrating Your past transgressions? Your inability to demonstrate competance while working in Security? Mighty sad...

eldar

Last edited by ScottA; 01-02-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Name calling

Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #579

Quote:
Avoiding history is the same as rewriting history.

Due to the Police Unions making sure that Security Companies in the United Staes will never again have a chance to prove their worth...

eldar

Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #580

Even if they had a larger scope of operations, they would still be terrified of the lawsuit. Look. The evil police unions that drove your beloved private security into the impotence they now exhibit, are also afraid of lawsuits. Lawsuits are changing their operations everyday.

I'm not avoiding the history here. I'm saying it's irrelevant to the reasoning behind their current SOP's. They're unrelated.