Conn. school shooting - Page 57
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #561
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper

Its in the constitution, oh wait nobody reads that anymore these days...
Nope. Elected officials use it as toilet paper.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #562
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

You can't count Sniper's opinion on number of rounds needed... he only needs ONE!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #563

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Just wanted to point out that much of this actually has more to do with our sue happy society than any union agenda.
Bullshyt!

Security Officers, both commissioned and non-commissioned, stood the test of time for more than 140 years until the LEO establishments conspired to limit Private Security companies ability to do their jobs.

Spend some time in research and find out just how many LEO Union Organizations were behind actual legislation to limit Private Security companies. You'll need to go back to the early 1960's.

eldar

Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #564

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Everyone should be allowed to protect themselves. Are ten rounds enough to protect yourself ?
If you find yourself limited to ten rounds, carry more ten round magazines...

eldar

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #565

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
If you find yourself limited to ten rounds, carry more ten round magazines...

eldar
I like my 17 round mag in the Beretta.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/model-92a1/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #566
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412 View Post
I agree that the teachers involved tried in vain to shield the kids, so since the school systems around the country with very few exceptions, won't allow a direct response with a weapon, I took it upon myself to give a ballistic clip board to a female teacher friend of mine. I know that some of you will just blow this gesture off, but at least the clip board will stop a 44 mag round from penetrating, possibly allowing some form of escape to be made. I am not involved with the people that make this board, but thought that if we give these to friends/family that are in stupid GFZ's we as "pro gun nuts" (to quote a term from the left) would at least seem to try defensive measures, and not waste our time and breath trying to convince "religiously gun resistant" people to change in the short term.
The company can be contacted at ballisticclipboard.com
earl1412
A great idea...but what good will it do in the face of .223's et al?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I like my 17 round mag in the Beretta.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/model-92a1/
And my 19 round mags in my XDm

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
A great idea...but what good will it do in the face of .223's et al?
Maybe none, but a NON tactical clipboard won't stand up to a handgun round either. At least the clipboard provides some kind of protection against something. It's the thought that counts ... Hey, here's a thought. Allow the teacher to carry a gun in addition to that clipboard!!!

Balota

Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #569

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

Bullshyt!

Security Officers, both commissioned and non-commissioned, stood the test of time for more than 140 years until the LEO establishments conspired to limit Private Security companies ability to do their jobs.

Spend some time in research and find out just how many LEO Union Organizations were behind actual legislation to limit Private Security companies. You'll need to go back to the early 1960's.

eldar
Having worked in security, I have found that every company I've worked for limited the actions of their officers because they were terrified of the almighty lawsuit. That has nothing to do with police unions and history, that has to do with my personal experience on the job, armed and unarmed.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #570
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Having worked in security, I have found that every company I've worked for limited the actions of their officers because they were terrified of the almighty lawsuit. That has nothing to do with police unions and history, that has to do with my personal experience on the job, armed and unarmed.
The "observe and report" mentality....lol

Become steel or get cut.