Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #551
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7733 Times on 4465 Posts
Likes Given: 9979

[quote=kelzebubba;1073264]

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412 View Post

They said that psychos were killing people with LEOs on the scene, not LEOs killing with people on the scene. Or are you referring to a different Waco?
Ummm. No. The LEO's in Waco (BATFE and FBI) assaulted the Branch Davidians after a long siege (which was provoked by the BATFE attempting to serve a warrant on the compound- backed up by scores of BATFE agents who were well armed- but not as well armed as the Branch Davidians). The Davidians did not provoke any of the attacks on their compound. Not a one. Granted, Koresh was not what I would consider to be a "stable" person, or not entirely of stable mind. But he had weapons that the Feds considered to be illegal. The Feds came to the Davidians, not the other way around. Therefore the Feds were the assaulting force. In my opinion the Feds were in the wrong here, and most probably the claims that Koresh was abusing the children, etc., were most likely falsified by the Feds.

So, in short, the victims here were probably totally innocent of all but maybe the firearms violations- and those were subjective violations. The Feds were the aggressors, Janet Reno and the rest of the Fed leadership were the psychos.

Same deal with Ruby Ridge, that was an armed attack on a private home over a couple of sawed-off shotguns. The Feds escalated the whole thing.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #552
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

In many states the role of a security office has been lowered to just observe and report. Nothing more.

Many armed security officers are limited to using their weapons for self defense ONLY.

Many of the Police Unions throughout the United States have worked hand-in-hand over the last four decades to ensure that these restrictions on security officers are put into law.

Security officers generally make something above minimum wage. Armed security officers earn 2-3 dollars an hour more.

Police officers working as armed security make $35 - 50 dollars an hour.

Security officers are 'worthless' because the police unions have made them so.

eldar
Just wanted to point out that much of this actually has more to do with our sue happy society than any union agenda.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #553

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Well, wondered how long.....

A parent of a child from the Newtown School has filed a lawsuit against the school system, seeking $100 million in damages.

Seems that the child (not wounded) heard screams and cursing over the building PA system at the time of the shooting, and has suffered irreparable harm from that.

Me, I'm..........................speechless.
I read this the other day and was pleased. What will be the basis of the suit, that by following all the prescribed gun free zone, passive resistance politically correct laws the school was negligent? What other conclusions can be drawn? An armed wolf will defeat a helpless flock of sheep every time. The only way the plaintiff can win is by having the citizens of CT acknowledge that policies, not guns, are the problem.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #554

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

[quote=Vikingdad;1073652]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzebubba View Post

Ummm. No. The LEO's in Waco (BATFE and FBI) assaulted the Branch Davidians after a long siege (which was provoked by the BATFE attempting to serve a warrant on the compound- backed up by scores of BATFE agents who were well armed- but not as well armed as the Branch Davidians). The Davidians did not provoke any of the attacks on their compound. Not a one. Granted, Koresh was not what I would consider to be a "stable" person, or not entirely of stable mind. But he had weapons that the Feds considered to be illegal. The Feds came to the Davidians, not the other way around. Therefore the Feds were the assaulting force. In my opinion the Feds were in the wrong here, and most probably the claims that Koresh was abusing the children, etc., were most likely falsified by the Feds.

So, in short, the victims here were probably totally innocent of all but maybe the firearms violations- and those were subjective violations. The Feds were the aggressors, Janet Reno and the rest of the Fed leadership were the psychos.

Same deal with Ruby Ridge, that was an armed attack on a private home over a couple of sawed-off shotguns. The Feds escalated the whole thing.
This is a touchy subject for me, I was there, this happened in my community, I remember it like it was yesterday and it shaped my young mind forever, it's also when I realized I needed to protect myself.

Those good church going people did nothing wrong, this was about the feds flexing muscle and showing people who were different who's boss, religious freedom died with the victims that day, the police after torturing them for 2 months set fire and drove a tank through the building smashing children and mother's skulls under it's tracks, the police shot first, the Church was DEFENDING itself. Anyone who tells a different story is either misinformed or protecting the state for whatever reason. I don't need to cite sources, all the information from the people that ran the operation is available now after a change of heart, research it for yourself but be warned, it's heartbreaking.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #555
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Every teacher that died at Sandy Hook, did it shielding their kids. They obviously had enough conviction. So, they should be empowered to make that conviction count for something.
I agree that the teachers involved tried in vain to shield the kids, so since the school systems around the country with very few exceptions, won't allow a direct response with a weapon, I took it upon myself to give a ballistic clip board to a female teacher friend of mine. I know that some of you will just blow this gesture off, but at least the clip board will stop a 44 mag round from penetrating, possibly allowing some form of escape to be made. I am not involved with the people that make this board, but thought that if we give these to friends/family that are in stupid GFZ's we as "pro gun nuts" (to quote a term from the left) would at least seem to try defensive measures, and not waste our time and breath trying to convince "religiously gun resistant" people to change in the short term.
The company can be contacted at ballisticclipboard.com
earl1412
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #556

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412

I agree that the teachers involved tried in vain to shield the kids, so since the school systems around the country with very few exceptions, won't allow a direct response with a weapon, I took it upon myself to give a ballistic clip board to a female teacher friend of mine. I know that some of you will just blow this gesture off, but at least the clip board will stop a 44 mag round from penetrating, possibly allowing some form of escape to be made. I am not involved with the people that make this board, but thought that if we give these to friends/family that are in stupid GFZ's we as "pro gun nuts" (to quote a term from the left) would at least seem to try defensive measures, and not waste our time and breath trying to convince "religiously gun resistant" people to change in the short term.
The company can be contacted at ballisticclipboard.com
earl1412
That is awesome, where can they be purchased? I have a daughter starting her career as a teacher and would love to get her something like that.

PS saw the link after I posted...thanks

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 12-31-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #557

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

...and the culmination of both events was Oklahoma City.

None of us support McVeighs actions but it is undeniable that his act DID get the attention of our mote militaristic heads of Law Enforcement...and there heads have be down ever since.

Tack

[quote=Vikingdad;1073652]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzebubba View Post

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 12-31-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #558
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1716 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

http://www.ballisticclipboard.com/page/page/4955221.htm

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #559

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
I agree 100%.

Teachers, faculty, air line pilots, bus drivers, train engineers, Truck drivers, deliverymen. ALL should be allowed to carry concealed should they decide to.

eldar
Everyone should be allowed to protect themselves. Are ten rounds enough to protect yourself ?

Old 01-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #560
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post

Everyone should be allowed to protect themselves. Are ten rounds enough to protect yourself ?
Its in the constitution, oh wait nobody reads that anymore these days...