Conn. school shooting - Page 55
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #541
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

never mind....

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 12-31-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 AM   #542
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

[QUOTE=Tackleberry1;1072407]Not making excuses for Colorado LEO's but Columbine was, I believe, one of the first, if not THE first active shooter scenarios where victims continued to be killed with LEO's on sceene.

Uh, just being a smartass here, but does the word WACO come to mind?

Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #543

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

[quote=earl1412;1072788]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Not making excuses for Colorado LEO's but Columbine was, I believe, one of the first, if not THE first active shooter scenarios where victims continued to be killed with LEO's on sceene.

Good One...

Tack

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #544
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
In many states the role of a security office has been lowered to just observe and report. Nothing more.

Many armed security officers are limited to using their weapons for self defense ONLY.

Many of the Police Unions throughout the United States have worked hand-in-hand over the last four decades to ensure that these restrictions on security officers are put into law.

Security officers generally make something above minimum wage. Armed security officers earn 2-3 dollars an hour more.

Police officers working as armed security make $35 - 50 dollars an hour.

Security officers are 'worthless' because the police unions have made them so.

eldar
Every teacher that died at Sandy Hook, did it shielding their kids. They obviously had enough conviction. So, they should be empowered to make that conviction count for something.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #545

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Thats what I dont understand. I can see a worthless security guard refusing to do anything but law enforcement should have beeen compelled by duty and honor, not to mention helping those poor kids to get their sorry asses inside that school and hunt down and neutralize the shooters. There is no way I could have stood outside and not done anything regardless of what happens. I guess some people are wired differently.
You know what... There are several LEOs out there as well as teachers too that took the job because of the perks, and not for the "duty and honor". The problem is that we like to label positions, such as manager, director, officer, teacher, mayor, etc. and we say to ourselves "There is no way someone who is [Insert label here] could do that" and we give them free pass after free pass.

Just yesterday for instance I saw a police officer leave his car running at the gas pump, put the gas pump in his car with it still running, and go inside the gas station with his car still running with the gas in it. Not the brightest thing, and it is actually against the law (ticketed offense) to leave your car running unattended in the city this officer worked for. On top of that this officer was so fat that if someone were inclined to have stolen his squad car he would not be able to get from the building fast enough to even draw on them. I could tell you that I believe this officer would hide behind his car in a gun fight until he had enough backup to outgun his opponents.

There is very little honor left in the world today, and it is usually possessed by those who care little of titles from my limited experience in the world.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #546

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

[quote=earl1412;1072788]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Not making excuses for Colorado LEO's but Columbine was, I believe, one of the first, if not THE first active shooter scenarios where victims continued to be killed with LEO's on sceene.

They said that psychos were killing people with LEOs on the scene, not LEOs killing with people on the scene. Or are you referring to a different Waco?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #547

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzebubba

Just yesterday for instance I saw a police officer leave his car running at the gas pump, put the gas pump in his car with it still running, and go inside the gas station with his car still running with the gas in it. Not the brightest thing, and it is actually against the law (ticketed offense) to leave your car running unattended in the city this officer worked for. On top of that this officer was so fat that if someone were inclined to have stolen his squad car he would not be able to get from the building fast enough to even draw on them. I could tell you that I believe this officer would hide behind his car in a gun fight until he had enough backup to outgun his opponents.
I'm not going to drag this out on this thread... But you should know, why the patrol car was probably left running.

The first thing is that all of the equipment installed in these police cars use a lot of power. If you shut off the vehicle there's a good chance the battery could drain its self and leave you with a dead vehicle.

If you decide to shut down the vehicle and it's equipment, and you get called out on a priority call... How good is that car to you? The computer's that are installed are a very important function...like in updating the status of the trip/call. So is it realistic to shut everything down... No!

Then you have states with colder weather. You really don't want jump in a cold vehicle its not good on the motor. So there's just a few reasons why you might see a police car running. I'm sure I've left something out, but you get the idea.

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #548

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post

I'm not going to drag this out on this thread... But you should know, why the patrol car was probably left running.

The first thing is that all of the equipment installed in these police cars use a lot of power. If you shut off the vehicle there's a good chance the battery could drain its self and leave you with a dead vehicle.

If you decide to shut down the vehicle and it's equipment, and you get called out on a priority call... How good is that car to you? The computer's that are installed are a very important function...like in updating the status of the trip/call. So is it realistic to shut everything down... No!

Then you have states with colder weather. You really don't want jump in a cold vehicle its not good on the motor. So there's just a few reasons why you might see a police car running. I'm sure I've left something out, but you get the idea.
You beat me to it. Around here and most places emergency vehicles have to be kept running especially diesels.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #549

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Every teacher that died at Sandy Hook, did it shielding their kids. They obviously had enough conviction. So, they should be empowered to make that conviction count for something.
I agree 100%.

Teachers, faculty, air line pilots, bus drivers, train engineers, Truck drivers, deliverymen. ALL should be allowed to carry concealed should they decide to.

eldar

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #550
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

I agree also. Teachers (American), faculty (American), air line pilots (American), bus drivers (American), train engineers (American), Truck drivers (American), deliverymen (American)... ALL (Americans) should be allowed to carry concealed should they decide to.

Just sayin'

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This