Conn. school shooting - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #41
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

This is absolutely sickening...prayers to all the families involved...

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I just keep hoping that the liberal morons who now run our country will eventually come to the inescapable conclusion that to stop a murderer with a gun you need to have a gun yourself. I also hope that we can eventually blame the people who commit these acts of violence versus the tools they use to commit them with. I guess it's just too scary for liberals and liberal news media to simply admit that there are actually people out there who are angry and insane and, unfortunately, armed.

How hard is it to understand that these a-holes go to places where they know they'll have a bunch of unarmed, frightened people to slaughter? I am a father and have two children myself. I would like to think that my children would be protected at school by their school staff, but the reality is that the only way to accomplish this is by training and arming the staff after a thorough psychological and physical evaluation.

Apparently we're not the only ones with this problem, as China recently had a similar incident where a man armed with a knife stabbed and killed a bunch of kids at a school there. Just goes to show you that even after all the guns are forcibly taken away, you still have armed crazy people who want to go out and hurt defenseless children who have in no way wronged their attacker.

Speed limit signs and DUI arrests have worked so well for curbing speeders and drunk drivers, which is why we still have more alcohol related and motor vehicle related fatalities than firearms related fatalities. I wonder how many more children will have to die before the "gun free zone" fantasy comes to an end.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #43
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7308 Times on 4396 Posts
Likes Given: 8965

This event brought me to tears. For the students, for the parents. What a horrendous story.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 457 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Very sad news. We had a similar incident here mass shooting not involving children. I don't know what the answer is as the prime minister said here.

Quote:
The prime minister added: "Of course we have to do everything we can to stop these dreadful events, but you can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and for this dreadful sort of action to take place."
PS As for arming teachers pupils etc whats to stop one of them carrying out a mass shooting.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #45

Liked 44 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, or being criticized for thinking like a 10 year old child.....this f#cking world needs a real life Superman, period. I can think of no other solution honestly....
Or Some people just need alittle JESUS in their life!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #46

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Thoughts and prayers for the people that have to live and deal with this tragedy.

I swear to God if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd say that this is some sort of mind control thing going on here. People start talking about gun control and 40 gazillion (I'm exaggerating) mass shootings just "suddenly" happen. If I hear anyone freaking try to link this to the whole 12/21/2012 thing I am gonna scream!

OMG he went into the school with a GLOCK and a semi-automatic 9mm, the stupidity of the reporting is mind boggling
The same thing was going through my mind. This couldn't possibly be some kind of government conspiracy to speed up confiscation of all firearms. But then again . . . . . .

In the meantime the families need our prayers to get them trough this.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #47
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7308 Times on 4396 Posts
Likes Given: 8965

I wish they'd quit interviewing the children. If my child had gone through this experience I would not let him/her be interviewed by a reported.

People Like This 
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #48

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Nobody should lose a kid ever!!! We send our kids to school and think its a safe place something needs to be done about this that other shooter would not make it to the jail if it was my kid I couldn't describe what I would do to these waste of a human life

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #49

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
The same thing was going through my mind. This couldn't possibly be some kind of government conspiracy to speed up confiscation of all firearms. But then again . . . . . .

In the meantime the families need our prayers to get them trough this.
Ive heard similar things: the HAARP project, MK Ultra, manchurian candidates, etc. It is shocking that once again...a .223 rifle was used. Im seeing a pattern here

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-14-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

God Bless these families! I can even begin to feel their grief!
I agree if there were several teachers who were armed and trained in each school it would seem these wackos would be less apt to have free run of a situation like this and would be a deterrent somewhat? Bottomline I believe a trained LE or security officer with arrest powers should be hired for our schools. I have stated for the past several years our elementary and other schools would be a prime target for terrorists of any kind and would generate the maximum effect of the public. Years ago I attended a terrorism school with the US Army and that is there objective to disrupt civil continuity, freedom and the normal. This no matter how you work at it is Domestic Terrorism. But what a tragedy and what a cowardly act. This certainly accomplished that even though it was a domestic act.
The government needs to call it what it is instead of always attacking the Second Amendment issues. I have to once again believe that if someone in the school could have had access to arms to protect themselves and the children things might have been different. I could not imagine being a teacher and being present knowing that everyone it the entire building was totally helpless! And fish in a bucket so to speak! Once again a situation like this brings tears to ones eyes both of grief and of mad furry!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

mosin man Likes This