Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #401
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6144 Times on 3726 Posts
Likes Given: 7016

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I have been playing violent video games and watching violent movies for years. I haven't even been in a fight since 7th grade. It's not the video games, or movies. They don't effect normal people like that. You have to already have serious mental problems in order for video games/movies to have any kind of effect like that on you.
I agree. We have military men and women who have done much more than "play violent video games" and they don't go around shooting innocent people.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #402
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1365 Times on 1034 Posts
Likes Given: 1768

Default Video games.......

The mental health issue vrs. gun control.......Here we see both sides. We have a serviceman that did four tours in afsewerstan and went off the deep end. And our bend over I'll kiss your arse potus will satisfy the muslims by asking for the death penalty on this soldier. If my law degree serves me right we cannot execute the insane.....Maybe we need to stop this Dr., Lawyer, Media. I can't tell you bull sh$t......It seems the gubment does the same thing with there black high liter.....The next thing you know all the nut cases wanting to die suicide by cop will be going to the schools......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #403

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

How about the teachers union installing a police officer or armed guard at every school. It would be money well spent rather than them using it to try and influence elected officials. If not I am sure many parents would be willing to pay into a security fund to be used to hire security for the schools.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #404
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSpacco
How about the teachers union installing a police officer or armed guard at every school. It would be money well spent rather than them using it to try and influence elected officials. If not I am sure many parents would be willing to pay into a security fund to be used to hire security for the schools.
A guard at every school would be awesome, but please do not be deceived by what you see of teacher unions on TV. I am not a member myself, but in most Districts unions have little to no power. Where I am we have class sizes that are huge (some in the 40's). Our District would not give us money for added security. Some of us are finding ways to secure our classrooms.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #405
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7385 Times on 4273 Posts
Likes Given: 9507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
A guard at every school would be awesome, but please do not be deceived by what you see of teacher unions on TV. I am not a member myself, but in most Districts unions have little to no power. Where I am we have class sizes that are huge (some in the 40's). Our District would not give us money for added security. Some of us are finding ways to secure our classrooms.
Zombiegirl, I read somewhere over the past couple of days that Indiana allows teachers to carry in their classrooms, at least in some schools. Any truth to this that you know of?

Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #406
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1455 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

I think there was armed security at Columbine. He was killed too.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #407

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I think there was armed security at Columbine. He was killed too.
I think if you had armed security it would be a deterrent. Columbine was unique in the respect of having two crazed killers. It's not common to find a partner to carry out these evil deeds. Most are going to be lone cowards... I think they would shy away from armed confrontation.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #408
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 603 Times on 304 Posts

I'm not sure about everyone else but I can't think of a single school district myself or my children have attended that did not have their own police force. That has been the norm since I attended school 20 years ago. The after I graduated the officer at my school shot a student in the head in self defense.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #409
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Zombiegirl, I read somewhere over the past couple of days that Indiana allows teachers to carry in their classrooms, at least in some schools. Any truth to this that you know of?
Definitely not in my District. I asked last year if I could keep mine in the car because I didn't like riding to and from work without it and I was told that they are not allowed on the property. This was by the cop that runs our security. I could approach him again but I'm pretty darn sure I'll be told no again....

Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #410
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Definitely not in my District. I asked last year if I could keep mine in the car because I didn't like riding to and from work without it and I was told that they are not allowed on the property. This was by the cop that runs our security. I could approach him again but I'm pretty darn sure I'll be told no again....
If I were in your shoes, I would first make an official request in writing. At the same time, I would start reaching out to some of the gun legal foundations to see if anyone is interested in taking on the challenge.

If your request goes nowhere, have an attorney write the request. Then see if you need to escalate it further.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA