Conn. school shooting - Page 36
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #351
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Has anyone else noticed some of the discrepancies in some of the news reports? At first they said the assault weapon was found in the back seat of his car, now they say that it was next to his body. They said he was related and known to the school, now there is no connection. He was buzzed in, now they say he shot his way in. Her landscaper said she had bought the Bushmaster just in the last year but Connecticut has an assault weapons ban, only grandfathered (pre-94) assault weapons are legal. There were early reports of multiple shooters, now it was a lone assault. Do you think that this is just the result of early confusion or could there be something more?

Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #352

Liked 44 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think this is the media trying to rush and the be the first to bring something new to the table before finding out the facts.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #353
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

i've been searching a for a link but can't seem to find it. this morning on the news i saw a local school that supposedly had beefed up security. they were using a hand held metal detector on EACH STUDENT as they entered the school. this led to there being kids outsid efor almost two hours.. and i was like.. WTF.. how the hell is monitering the kids gonna be safer.. afterall it wasnt a student who did the killing in CT... like really how dumb can you be?

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #354

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post

I agree. The video games, TV, and movies are full of Rambo wannabee "heros" who solve their problems by grabbing an "assault weapon" and "wasting" their enemies, while wearing a stupid-looking angry sneer on their faces. Kids are being raised to believe that $#!t is normal behavior. Some of them can't differentiate between fantasy and reality, so they carry out their fantasies in the real world, believing they are some kinda super-hero. And it may be that his mommy reinforced that crap by expounding upon using violence to solve their problems, real and imagined.
That is farfetched, the violence that goes on in that persons home would have been the direct result of domestic abuse between the mother and father or carried over from the parents abusive childhood

Last edited by Ultimate_sig; 12-18-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #355

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
That is farfetched, the violence that goes on in that persons home would have been tge direct resualt if domestic abuse between the mother and father or carried over from the parents abusive childhood
I don't think he's saying it's a direct cause of this incident....it's a factor with kids in general these days.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 12-18-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #356

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpaw40 View Post
Has anyone else noticed some of the discrepancies in some of the news reports? At first they said the assault weapon was found in the back seat of his car, now they say that it was next to his body. They said he was related and known to the school, now there is no connection. He was buzzed in, now they say he shot his way in. Her landscaper said she had bought the Bushmaster just in the last year but Connecticut has an assault weapons ban, only grandfathered (pre-94) assault weapons are legal. There were early reports of multiple shooters, now it was a lone assault. Do you think that this is just the result of early confusion or could there be something more?
I agree. There is no real statement of "facts" in any of the reports I can find. What really happened? No fluff, no spins, no plays on words... what happened? ABC stated that he was "armed" with high capacity clips. What the heck does that mean? I get the feeling that the Bushmaster was not involved but they don't want to come out and say that because banning that style weapon would not have prevented this. If they can't tell which guns were used and how he got in by now, they need to find new jobs.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #357
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post

I agree. There is no real statement of "facts" in any of the reports I can find. What really happened? No fluff, no spins, no plays on words... what happened? ABC stated that he was "armed" with high capacity clips. What the heck does that mean? I get the feeling that the Bushmaster was not involved but they don't want to come out and say that because banning that style weapon would not have prevented this. If they can't tell which guns were used and how he got in by now, they need to find new jobs.
I feel the same, at first they said he used two handguns. They said the bushmaster was in the vehicle. Now they say the bushmaster was with the guy, wouldn't they be able to tell.... I mean a .223 looks different than a 9mm

Old 12-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #358

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpaw40 View Post
Facebook is banning people for saying the things you just said and CT. Police have said they prosecute anyone who "spreads misinformation" on social media. something smells like ****.

http://www.infowars.com/facebook-suspends-account-for-questioning-official-narrative-on-shooting/

Granted it's infowars so take it with a grain of salt.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #359

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I just want to know what happened. The media was all over that with mixed up stories for 2 days and now nothing but coverage of grieving people new gun laws. If a car runs into a bunch of people you don't ban trains but that is what seems to be happening. I don't like to see people manipulated and there are so many that will believe anything they hear on the news.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Last edited by thdrduck; 12-18-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #360
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Been thinking on this alot since it happened, talked with my kids several times.
They ask the best questions. They do not have predisposed opinions or bias.

There is not a single law that can be passed to prevent any of this. Criminals
will break the law, will be violent and when willing to procede to kill mass
people will do so, they will get guns illegally as in this case, even kill for
them. They will inflict as much pain and death as this psychopath did, if
they cannot get guns they will use knives, firebomb, etc. etc. Laws have
never prevented a crime.

Laws are like locks they keep honest people honest.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy