Conn. school shooting - Page 33
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #321
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Fortress schools will not be the answer. We can not keep our children locked up against all potential harm. If not a school, the at the park or the mall or church.

While safe schools sounds like a good idea, education budgets are being cut all over the nation. We simply can not afford to rebuild schools into fortresses, even if we had to the will to do it.

Law makers will probably take the easy way out and pacify the masses by enacting "feel good" legislation that will do no good, but will not cost billions to enact.
The Israelies solved this problem back in the middle 1970's by training and arming their faculty and teachers, and by providing patrol officers who wore concealed weaponry. They have been used with great success against terrorist attacks against their schools.

eldar
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #322

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

The Israelies solved this problem back in the middle 1970's by training and arming their faculty and teachers, and by providing patrol officers who wore concealed weaponry. They have been used with great success against terrorist attacks against their schools.

eldar
Agreed........
Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #323

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
The same thing was going through my mind. This couldn't possibly be some kind of government conspiracy to speed up confiscation of all firearms. But then again . . . . . .

In the meantime the families need our prayers to get them trough this.
the "but the chinese kids all lived" thing has already been used by media. i cant help but wonder if this is some dark forces stunt. i mean what a perfect way to get people on the wagon of anti gun. stage a mass shooting and a knifing and use the "if he had a knife they would be alive" thing. its almost to much of a coincidense. it would be like hitting the lottery two weeks in a row. then a guy in california shoots 50 rounds in the air. WTF. obvioulsy if he was a gun owner he must not want to keep them.

if i went to a zoo and shot 23 lions. and in china the same day a guy stabbed 18 lions the police would prob immed think there was a connection. these two were strikingly simmilar and about the same number assulated. WOW im just at a loss of words. and we should be.

anyway my heart is with them. i have a 5 year old too. i couldnt immagine thier pain.

and oh. by the way. 94-04 clinton had an assault weapons ban. guess what. 99 columbine. and one was a 995 ban compliant gun. bans will stop nothing. and thats been proven with the 99 shootings. so ya. they cant wait to start the ban crap. send e-mails and letters. oppose it hard. a gun safe could have solved this whole deal. and with a disfunctional youth that has been to shrinks all his life is a good reason not to have mass ammo dumps and ar-15's not under lock and key. mine are.

im wondering also. this chinese guy, the colorado killer and this wacko. ide be looking into ant anti depressent, anti psycotic drugs as well. i can tell you one thing. the cnn reporter on day 1 called his' weapons "nothing short of horrific" then the cams showd police. and they had none other than ar's and glocks. so if there horrific why are they used to defend the public and the nation by the military?? nothing but scare tactics and propaganda. i seen right through it.

after going through and reading many of the first 8 pages we all can tell cnn did a terrible job of relaying facts and were pouring out tons of speculation and hogwash to get a good story in. the shooter was 20, then 24 now 20 again. the mom was shot at home, then school. then home. she was a teacher, then a volenteer. the brother was arrested at the scene. then was taken into custody at his apartment. the guns used were a sig and glock 9mm. the ar and another mystery gun were in car. then the ar was found on him and primary weapon. and sig was a 10mm. they told 5 different versions of every deatil. shame on that. terrible terrible news. then the other gun vanished for a day. i figured it was a .22 and didnt fit the whole "horrific" catagory so they omitted it. today it was a shotgun. atf has went to 400 gun stores and are tracking the guns back to the table they were built on. tell me how much time thats wasting?? and proving nothing. the reporters said yesterday it was unclear why she had these weapons. well cause it was her right. better Q should be why did they end up in his hands.

ban feinstein!

Last edited by mosin man; 12-17-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #324
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
Anyone else think it is unusual how no one was injured, only killed?
See my previous link in this thread. There was at least one injury. I think there weren't many injuries because the shooter shot almost all his victims at close range.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #325
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
See my previous link in this thread. There was at least one injury. I think there weren't many injuries because the shooter shot almost all his victims at close range.
And multiple times.

Also I saw this and thought it was appropriate.

Quote:
The Only Way to Stop a Gun is With a Gun

by Daniel Greenfield

America now has its second worst mass shooting. And it, as usual, accompanied by calls for gun control. It’s no coincidence that we have had quite a few spree killings in such a short time. The lavish coverage of every shooting by the media encourages every shooter to think that he will be famous if he goes out and kills. And that is exactly what happens.

Our shooters are creatures of the media, not the NRA. A media that turns killers into celebrities and then warns that the only way to stop more shootings is by cracking down on firearms.

But no amount of media coverage ever stopped a man with a gun. It only encouraged him. It takes a gun to stop a man with a gun. That is the hard truth of human affairs. It is why we have a Second Amendment, it is why we have armies and police, and it is why people own guns.

There is no going back to a time before people owned guns. There is no going back to a time when violence did not exist. There is only the reality that killers stalk the streets and that we can either defend against them or take comfort in empty outrage.

Guns stop shootings. Not all the time and not every time, but they do. Gun control does not. Media coverage calling for gun control does not.

Gun crime was up 35 percent in the UK which has harsh gun control laws. And Europe has had plenty of its own school massacres.

“Figures showed the number of crimes involving handguns had more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871.”

Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children in the Dunblane school massacre in 1996 using 4 handguns.

In Germany, in the Winnenden school shooting in 2009, Tim Kretschmer, killed 16 people, including 9 students. In the Erfurt massacre in 2002, Robert Steinhäuser killed 16 people with a handgun and a shotgun.

In Finland, in the Jokela school shooting of 2007, Pekka-Eric Auvinen killed 8 people.In the Kauhajoki school shooting, Matti Juhani Saari killed 10 people.

The media will pretend that this sort of thing only happens in America. It doesn’t only happen in America. It happens where killings do.

Gun control isn’t about putting an end to horrors, it’s about controlling people. And people who are used to being controlled have even less ability to cope with the uncontrolled and the uncontrollable.

Regulators think about the big picture. They don’t think about the individual. They think only about how to control people who follow rules. But shooters, by definition, do not follow rules. They are men who have stepped outside the system and care nothing for its rules. They want to kill, and they will find a way. And when they come, the only way to stop a gun is with a gun.

Daniel Greenfield is a New York City writer and columnist. He is a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center and his articles appears at its Front Page Magazine site.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

People Like This 
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #326

Liked 65 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 336

I was in a restaurant with my wife and son on Friday evening. They had the TV's tuned to the Conn. shooting. As we were waitng for our food the 2 women that sat directly behind me started to hammer on statements like .. ."People dont need to have assult rifles only the police and military should have them". Then one of the women said .. "They should take all the guns away from people who own them"!! The media is just putting voices inside the minds of people who have no idea what would be at stake if that would happen. I agree that sick MoFo's like the idiot that shot those little kids should not have them or should not be allowed in the same house that any firearm is period!

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #327
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 694 Times on 327 Posts
Likes Given: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
And multiple times.

Shade, Thanks for posting that.
Words to live by:
"...It takes a gun to stop a man with a gun
. That is the hard truth of human affairs. It is why we have a Second Amendment, it is why we have armies and police, and it is why people own guns….."

Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #328

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
And multiple times.

I agree very appropriate... Once we allow over right to bear arms to be infringed .... We will loose our rights to make decisions ...

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #329
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

The idea of placing armed sevurity guards at schools is good, but what district can afford them? School districts in Florida are broke and laying off teachers.

Now the idea of training volunteer teachers and staff to be armed is a good one. That way there would always be a number of school personnel at the schools armed.

These dirtbags don't want to fight, they only want to kill. They will stay out of schools if there is armed opposition to them.

Of course the Feinsteins of the country will say no bleeping way. It is the gun's fault, not ther operator of said gun.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #330

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/m/random-thoughts/anonymous-wages-war-against-the-westboro-baptist-church-for-picketing-the-newtown-shooting/