Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1108 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
Anyone else think it is unusual how no one was injured, only killed?
The coroner said that all of the children were shot more than once. One had seven wounds, the bastard cut the children to pieces.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #312

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Fortress schools will not be the answer. We can not keep our children locked up against all potential harm. If not a school, the at the park or the mall or church.

While safe schools sounds like a good idea, education budgets are being cut all over the nation. We simply can not afford to rebuild schools into fortresses, even if we had to the will to do it.

Law makers will probably take the easy way out and pacify the masses by enacting "feel good" legislation that will do no good, but will not cost billions to enact.

I understand your reply, however I don't believe it would be a fortress, simply intelligently designed. and if it happen in a park or a mall, its still as horrible but its at least its not at our schools. I don't think anyone would say it would cost to much to keep our children safe as possible. pick our battles. change what we know can provide safety. baby steps better then no steps

Last edited by luke277; 12-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #313
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have been reading all over today that the shooter at the Clackamas mall was stopped by a CCW holder who didn't fire a shot, citing the possibility of hitting a bystander. The shooter fired one more shot, killing himself, after making eye contact with the CCW.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html
Great information. This is what should be stressed. I found a new hero that I have never nor will ever meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
On one of the local radio shows last night the host was going off on a pro-gun caller insisting that he was putting his kids in grave danger of being shot with his own gun simply because it is in the house. The host would not let the caller get a word in but it was quite evident that they guy's infant child was not in "imminent danger". What a douche. I almost thought about calling in but figured it would do no good whatsoever.
Gun control comes onto my talk radio station pretty often. But the talk show host is very pro gun though he professes to not own a gun. He takes calls from all these anti-gun folk and presents the pro-gun side beautifully. I like when the topic of gun control comes up on his time slot. He's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Anut View Post
Out of my respect to myself and this forum, I will refrain from writing what the dark side of my mind is thinking about this so-called church group.
I can read your mind and I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I heard that had the principal been allowed to carry at the school, they would have and possibly been able to stop the shooter before he killed so many innocent children. I heard it on the radio this morning, but I was half asleep. Anyone have anymore info on this?
I heard at the very beginning of the incident, there was a meeting in an office in the front of the school with the principal and some other admins of the school. When they heard the commotion, three people, including the principal, went out in the hallway to see what was going on. As they stepped into the hallway, they were shot. Only one admin crawled back into the room, having been shot in the foot or leg. If they were armed, I believe it might have ended right there before Lanza got to any of the classrooms.

"Witnesses say shooting started in the hall, and three people ran into the hall to help, including the vice principal, principal and school psychologist. Only the vice principal came crawling back into the room with his leg shot, the witness said. A witness says she heard at least 100 rounds of shots fired."

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/12/14/connecticut-school-shooting-newtown-gunman-elementary/

Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #314
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
While I personally do not believe the following, I believe that the argument that will be used, most effectively, by those we call anti-gunners will be this:

* He should not have been able to have easy access to high-capacity, semi-auto firearms. Had he not had this type of weapon available, the loss of life would have been less. "If you can't keep the mad men from the guns, keep the guns from the mad men"

* The firearms used were obtained legally, so there is something wrong with the "legal" process.

* If we REDUCE the number of, legal, semi-auto, high capacity firearms, we can help protect our children from such monsters.

* Americans do not need to have these types of weapons, just as the as the average Americans are forbidden from owning more powerful weapons such as bazookas, mortars, Claymores, RPGs, or land mines.

* Most American will think it is a ridiculous to consider arming teachers. Most teachers will feel the same way.

* The people who are fed up with the killing aren't going to give a damn about the wording of 2A, if necessary, they will consider that 2A is broken and needs fixing. Ammendment 28?

These are the kind of issues and questions we, as gun owners, need to be prepared to address, in a calm and logical and reasonable way. Screaming, cussing, fussing and name calling won't help.

Without this incident, it would have been impossible for the current administration to enact any firearms regulations. Now I am not so sure.
You're probably right.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
RemFire Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #315

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
Anyone else think it is unusual how no one was injured, only killed?
All victims were shot multiple times...what are you suggesting?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #316

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Headlines: The Washington Post -By Steve Vogel, David Nakamura and David A. Fahrenthold,

Police: Shooter carried ‘numerous’ high-capacity magazines for weapons used in Connecticut massacre

Dec 16, 2012 09:30 PM EST http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-once-again-cast-in-role-of-comforter-in-chief/2012/12/16/661f183c-4791-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #317

Liked 116 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I worry so much about the ramifications that could come to those who have or have had and kind of mental disorder.I have anxiety,mostly social anxiety but some ocd to the level that my state considers me "mentally ill" because I have been in the mental health system for so long because I have sought treatment for the last 20 years for it.I just don't know what to do to protect my rights,or to at least to educate people on the disorders I have are not dangerous.I fear everyone with anxiety,even war heroes with anxiety issues will be stripped of their guns for no good reason at all.

On another note,I am and have been hurting over this school shooting,I have 2 daughters in elementary school,one will be 6 in January,and one will be 7 in January,so they are the same age as the victims,it has really opened my eyes.As far as i'm concerned i'd rather every parent and teacher conceal carry in the school so someone is there to stop such a thing from happening to my kids,because the parents and teachers are respected members of my community that would protect my kids,but that will probably never happen.I'm sick and tired of government speculation on what COULD happen if everyone carried concealed guns in schools based on no incidences,and focus on what IS happening right now and open their eyes to what will fix this-making all sickos nervous,making them hesitant to pull this crap off because they will know either they will die before they do much damage,or die before doing any damage.Society as a whole in this country is of many,many good people,we could stop this if we fight.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Rarity Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #318

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I worry so much about the ramifications that could come to those who have or have had and kind of mental disorder.I have anxiety,mostly social anxiety but some ocd to the level that my state considers me "mentally ill" because I have been in the mental health system for so long because I have sought treatment for the last 20 years for it.I just don't know what to do to protect my rights,or to at least to educate people on the disorders I have are not dangerous.I fear everyone with anxiety,even war heroes with anxiety issues will be stripped of their guns for no good reason at all.

On another note,I am and have been hurting over this school shooting,I have 2 daughters in elementary school,one will be 6 in January,and one will be 7 in January,so they are the same age as the victims,it has really opened my eyes.As far as i'm concerned i'd rather every parent and teacher conceal carry in the school so someone is there to stop such a thing from happening to my kids,because the parents and teachers are respected members of my community that would protect my kids,but that will probably never happen.I'm sick and tired of government speculation on what COULD happen if everyone carried concealed guns in schools based on no incidences,and focus on what IS happening right now and open their eyes to what will fix this-making all sickos nervous,making them hesitant to pull this crap off because they will know either they will die before they do much damage,or die before doing any damage.Society as a whole in this country is of many,many good people,we could stop this if we fight.
you are so right, what a slippery slope. speaking of war hero's and those wonderful people who currently serve our country. yes sometime they crack or break down, or perhaps were just evil and using the system, i don't know. but even they sometime are involved in these thing. do we disarm the military and police too.

perhaps we do the best we can to protect our freedom and the lives of people, and realize our freedom is and was not free. countless lives paid for the country we live in and the freedom we have. let us never lose sight of what they fought for.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #319
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1985

Default Heavy Heart........

The Hell of it all, why can't we all come together on this. Let bygones be bygones.........I'll tell you how I really feel about this. Yes it was horendous and 20 young children lost thier lives due in part to guns......Forget about the gun part. Start thinking about our Gov. and whats to come tommorrow. We as a nation has seen, finaly what man is capable of doing to his own kind. Yes i wanted this killer to still be alive so I could get my way with him. You all say he is in hell for what he did. That my friend is in faith only. My way would be in the real world......Please stop this infighting, an for once take a long hard look at your self, and what those parents are going through......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #320

Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:

* The firearms used were obtained legally, so there is something wrong with the "legal" process.

Unless stealing is now "legal" the suspect obtained the guns "illegally".
The mom owned them legally. When she was murdered and her guns were stolen, is when he illegally obtained a firearm.