Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #301
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 255 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

There is a hacker group called hackervist that has posted the names, phone numbers, addresses, and other personal info of the people in westboro cult all over the internet.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #302
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
So, Tex, I believe you to be a decent person, how long did it take you to make a response on the world wide web? Do you live by a different standard then you profess?
What kind of question is that? I'm not some coward who sits behind a computer and talks big. I haven't said anything I wouldn't be willing to say to someones face. I stand behind my words. I have never lead anyone to believe otherwise, and frankly, I find your question pretty damn rude and uncalled for.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #303

I heard that had the principal been allowed to carry at the school, they would have and possibly been able to stop the shooter before he killed so many innocent children. I heard it on the radio this morning, but I was half asleep. Anyone have anymore info on this?

Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #304

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
What kind of question is that? I'm not some coward who sits behind a computer and talks big. I haven't said anything I wouldn't be willing to say to someones face. I stand behind my words. I have never lead anyone to believe otherwise, and frankly, I find your question pretty damn rude and uncalled for.
Hang on a second there. I was responding to your post that, to paraphrase; 'the anti-gunners, if decent people, would wait a few days to post their views on the shooting and its fallout'.

And this, while you were busy posting your, opposite, thoughts on the subject.

Why would you be so offended about my questioning your reasoning as to why it is ok for you but indecent of them?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #305

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
I heard that had the principal been allowed to carry at the school, they would have and possibly been able to stop the shooter before he killed so many innocent children.
guns-protection.jpg  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #306

While I personally do not believe the following, I believe that the argument that will be used, most effectively, by those we call anti-gunners will be this:

* He should not have been able to have easy access to high-capacity, semi-auto firearms. Had he not had this type of weapon available, the loss of life would have been less. "If you can't keep the mad men from the guns, keep the guns from the mad men"

* The firearms used were obtained legally, so there is something wrong with the "legal" process.

* If we REDUCE the number of, legal, semi-auto, high capacity firearms, we can help protect our children from such monsters.

* Americans do not need to have these types of weapons, just as the as the average Americans are forbidden from owning more powerful weapons such as bazookas, mortars, Claymores, RPGs, or land mines.

* Most American will think it is a ridiculous to consider arming teachers. Most teachers will feel the same way.

* The people who are fed up with the killing aren't going to give a damn about the wording of 2A, if necessary, they will consider that 2A is broken and needs fixing. Ammendment 28?

These are the kind of issues and questions we, as gun owners, need to be prepared to address, in a calm and logical and reasonable way. Screaming, cussing, fussing and name calling won't help.

Without this incident, it would have been impossible for the current administration to enact any firearms regulations. Now I am not so sure.

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #307

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default how to protect our schools

We've all read both sides of the gun control views. I agree that taking away our rights is not the way. I concede that it could possible stop some crimes, but not most. What we saw is a horrible cost of freedom in the USA. Banning guns will never work, and I think most people really do understand this.

The question on how this could be prevented. Well my thought's are that our school should be a safe haven for our children. How do we accomplish this? My suggestion is these "safe building" need to be tested by UL, just like they test a safe and give it a rating.

Schools should be safe and tested the same way. instead of gun laws why not focus on what we can actually control. Why was a school so easy to forcibly enter. If not buzzed in it should take a minimum time to break in. If it was hard to break in, it would take time, First responders would have time to get there before this could happen.

I believe schools could be built like this with out looking like a prison. We can never stop all crazy evil things from happening or predict this horrible act
but if we could slow them down I'm sure many would be prevented

any thoughts ?

Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Hang on a second there. I was responding to your post that, to paraphrase; 'the anti-gunners, if decent people, would wait a few days to post their views on the shooting and its fallout'.

And this, while you were busy posting your, opposite, thoughts on the subject.

Why would you be so offended about my questioning your reasoning as to why it is ok for you but indecent of them?
They were already pushing more gun control by noon the day of the shooting, on national TV. I have posted in the numerous Conn. shooting threads, but I wasn't pushing our pro gun agenda. In fact, I don't believe I ever said that if someone had a gun, this would have been prevented.
I just went through all my posts since the shooting. I have posted every post I made in one of the Conn. shooting threads. Please tell me where I am pushing an agenda, or behaving anything like the media.
PS. I didn't even post in one of those threads until 7:45 the evening of the shooting.

Quote:
The recent increase in shootings may be due to the holiday season. If someone wants to cause the greatest amount of pain and suffering to not only their victims, but also their victims friends and family, now is the perfect time to do that. This will ruin the holidays for these people, and there will always be some pain during this time for now on.
Another reason could be because they personally have some problem with the holiday season. Maybe they had some kind of bad experience what they never forgot or got over. Maybe it helped cause them snap and commit these horrible acts.
Quote:
I heard that had the principal been allowed to carry at the school, they would have and possibly been able to stop the shooter before he killed so many innocent children. I heard it on the radio this morning, but I was half asleep. Anyone have anymore info on this?
Quote:
I do believe they use stuff like this to further their agenda. They always start spewing anti gun propaganda within hours of these tragic events. A decent person would wait at least a few days.
Quote:
Sorry, I was just quoting you. I never said you said otherwise.
Though, I wouldn't exactly say that them looking forward to travesties like this is asinine. They already make of lies, and use fake statistics to further their cause, stuff like this helps them.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #309

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts

Anyone else think it is unusual how no one was injured, only killed?

Old 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke277 View Post
We've all read both sides of the gun control views. I agree that taking away our rights is not the way. I concede that it could possible stop some crimes, but not most. What we saw is a horrible cost of freedom in the USA. Banning guns will never work, and I think most people really do understand this.

The question on how this could be prevented. Well my thought's are that our school should be a safe haven for our children. How do we accomplish this? My suggestion is these "safe building" need to be tested by UL, just like they test a safe and give it a rating.

Schools should be safe and tested the same way. instead of gun laws why not focus on what we can actually control. Why was a school so easy to forcibly enter. If not buzzed in it should take a minimum time to break in. If it was hard to break in, it would take time, First responders would have time to get there before this could happen.

I believe schools could be built like this with out looking like a prison. We can never stop all crazy evil things from happening or predict this horrible act
but if we could slow them down I'm sure many would be prevented

any thoughts ?
Fortress schools will not be the answer. We can not keep our children locked up against all potential harm. If not a school, the at the park or the mall or church.

While safe schools sounds like a good idea, education budgets are being cut all over the nation. We simply can not afford to rebuild schools into fortresses, even if we had to the will to do it.

Law makers will probably take the easy way out and pacify the masses by enacting "feel good" legislation that will do no good, but will not cost billions to enact.

Carl Sagan