Conn. school shooting - Page 30
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #291
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,006
Liked 7174 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8753

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
No, I can't but you can!
Yes, why yes, I can. But I don't unless it's 'taking care of business'. I was given an opportunity of a lifetime to be a Mod on this forum and I would never abuse it.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #292
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Really not trying to be an internet badass or whatever but one solid hook and a boy that size I would have caved his skull.
It's too bad no one ever got the chance.
__________________

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #293
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,020
Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Default

I have been reading all over today that the shooter at the Clackamas mall was stopped by a CCW holder who didn't fire a shot, citing the possibility of hitting a bystander. The shooter fired one more shot, killing himself, after making eye contact with the CCW.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #294
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,013
Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have been reading all over today that the shooter at the Clackamas mall was stopped by a CCW holder who didn't fire a shot, citing the possibility of hitting a bystander. The shooter fired one more shot, killing himself, after making eye contact with the CCW.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html
...and there it is.

Clackamas shooter has a jam, sees an armed man, and takes his own life ending the death toll at two.

Tell me again why there were no armed adults in that CT School?

Oh yes...good guys don't need guns in a gun free zone...I'm sorry, I forgot.

Now...how many of you GFZ emloyess...and especially our resident school
Teachers, want to defend your daily decision to leave your sidearms at home?

NOTE: any one of these Childerns live were worth far more than your job. Think about it. Think about being one of the teachers who survived this shooting but were powerless to stop it because of some misguided need to follow the rules.

I know two friends with CCW who teach but do not carry at work. I would not want either of them to suffer a lifetime of guilt if this were to happen in the schools where they teach.

Tack
__________________

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 12-16-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #295
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M1Anut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 206
Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

http://www.examiner.com/article/westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-newtown-when-obama-visits-on-sunday

CHECK THIS OUT!!!
__________________
M1Anut is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #296
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,020
Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...and there it is.

Clackamas shooter has a jam, sees an armed man, and takes his own life ending the death toll at two.

Tell me again why there were no armed adults in that CT School?

Oh yes...good guys don't need guns in a gun free zone...I'm sorry, I forgot.

Now...how many of you GFZ emloyess...and especially our resident school
Teachers, want to defend your daily decision to leave your sidearms at home?

NOTE: any one of these Childerns live were worth far more than your job. Think about it. Think about being one of the teachers who survived this shooting but were powerless to stop it because of some misguided need to follow the rules.

I know two friends with CCW who teach but do not carry at work. I would not want either of them to suffer a lifetime of guilt if this were to happen in the schools where they teach.

Tack
On one of the local radio shows last night the host was going off on a pro-gun caller insisting that he was putting his kids in grave danger of being shot with his own gun simply because it is in the house. The host would not let the caller get a word in but it was quite evident that they guy's infant child was not in "imminent danger". What a douche. I almost thought about calling in but figured it would do no good whatsoever.
__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #297
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,020
Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Default

When, oh when are those Westboro nutjobs going to get their due? This is their intended message on being there:

Quote:
Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.
Evil does exist in that so-called "church".
__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #298
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M1Anut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 206
Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

When, oh when are those Westboro nutjobs going to get their due? This is their intended message on being there:

Evil does exist in that so-called "church".
Out of my respect to myself and this forum, I will refrain from writing what the dark side of my mind is thinking about this so-called church group.
__________________
M1Anut is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #299
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: frisco,TX
Posts: 183
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default Conn. school shooting

It didn't take long for the left liberals to start up with blaming firearm owners, NRA members and anyone who is "OK" with guns. Some said "anyone who belongs to NRA or supports firearms should have to shoot their own children". It's that "kind" of thinking Alan Lanza had before he walked in and killed 26 people.

__________________
paul is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #300
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 1,967
Liked 1361 Times on 804 Posts
Likes Given: 3426

Default

Those of us that remember Jonestown thought that the members of the "church" were nutty as fruitcakes. The folk at Westboro are the batter that holds the cake together! But they are no different that the Ant-Gunner, they attack when a situation can give them the greatest publicity.


__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio High School Shooting G30USMC The Club House 26 12-31-2012 08:34 PM
School Shooting Nearly Hits Home doctherock The Club House 8 11-05-2011 04:45 AM
School Shooting in Los Angeles gregs887 Politics, Religion and Controversy 16 02-27-2011 04:39 AM
School Shooting murraywc The Club House 9 09-01-2010 11:31 AM