Conn. school shooting - Page 28
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Here's the latest I heard....this scum unfortunately was somewhere on the Asperger's/autism spectrum which doesnt excuse this insane behavior by any means but does worry me with the increased number of autism these days.....combined with lots of horrible parents and broken school systems. They are generally socially awkward, dont quite fit into mainstream public school scenarios, and sometimes if left untreated or ignored can lead to various stages of outbursts.....or violence.

My mother is a public school teacher in her LAST year of teaching before retirement. She taught language.....now she teaches 3 other courses including a special ed class because they laid off so many teachers over the last 3 years due to this economy. And she has a kid with severe autism who was nudged into her spanish class (because kids with mental disabilities need to learn freaking foreign languages....wow) because he just made the cut....welcome to public schools these days....but I digress.

So, this fella according to my mom is at least 6'2, BIG, scary, racist, sexist, awkward....and oh yeah.....violent. The other kids in class are all afraid of him and he thrives off the fear. He has been written up countless times, has been suspended for bullying and fighting.....and oh yeah decided one day when my mom asked him to leave the room after he threatened her.....waited for her in the hall after class and choked her up against a locker. She filed complaints and grievances with the principal, the superintendent, the union, etc. They all washed their hands and said nothing can be done until he physically hurts someone. You can imagine my level of anger and frustration......by the way I'm 6'1 225 in decent shape and considered waiting for this kid (who is now 18 by the way) to have a little chat after school. I talked myself out of it for obvious reasons.

Anyways, my point with all of this.....is that people need to start waking the hell up out there and paying better attention to problematic kids like this who show all the warning signs. Sometimes there are kids who need special attention, not to be brushed under the carpet so they can try and blend in with society. If we can start catching things BEFORE they happen I think we could all sleep a little safer at night. Sadly, yesterday's horror cannot be undone.

I just pray that the school, the kid, and my poor scared mother can get through this year peacefully. The world is changing fellas......time to start growing eyes in the back of your head and stay ahead of the curve. God bless these poor families who fell victim to a severely disturbed monster. I wish to god they had caught it sooner

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-16-2012 at 02:56 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #272

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The teacher who hid the children in cabinets and closets in her classroom and told the shooter her kids were in the gym was killed.

The other stories I posted, all survived.

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/nation/article/Teacher-died-fighting-for-her-students-4121117.php
that effing sucks.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #273
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Lawful gun owners. I just made donations to the National Rifle Association and the Gun Owners of America. $45. May not seem like much, but it is a lot for me on a fixed income and with high medical bills. I don't shoot as much any more, but I would like to keep my guns, and pass them on to my sons The amount I gave is at a level that more people can donate, than at the $75-$100 range. I challenge all of you who are concerned about keeping your gun rights to meet my donation, and exceed it as you are able. Now is the time. Put your money where your mouth is. You are the future. Do it now

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 12-16-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: spelling, as usual

Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Here's the latest I heard....this scum unfortunately was somewhere on the Asperger's/autism spectrum which doesnt excuse this insane behavior by any means but does worry me with the increased number of autism these days.....combined with lots of horrible parents and broken school systems. They are generally socially awkward, dont quite fit into mainstream public school scenarios, and sometimes if left untreated or ignored can lead to various stages of outbursts.....or violence.

My mother is a public school teacher in her LAST year of teaching before retirement. She taught language.....now she teaches 3 other courses including a special ed class because they laid off so many teachers over the last 3 years due to this economy. And she has a kid with severe autism who was nudged into her spanish class (because kids with mental disabilities need to learn freaking foreign languages....wow) because he just made the cut....welcome to public schools these days....but I digress.

So, this fella according to my mom is at least 6'2, BIG, scary, racist, sexist, awkward....and oh yeah.....violent. The other kids in class are all afraid of him and he thrives off the fear. He has been written up countless times, has been suspended for bullying and fighting.....and oh yeah decided one day when my mom asked him to leave the room after he threatened her.....waited for her in the hall after class and choked her up against a locker. She filed complaints and grievances with the principal, the superintendent, the union, etc. They all washed their hands and said nothing can be done until he physically hurts someone. You can imagine my level of anger and frustration......by the way I'm 6'1 225 in decent shape and considered waiting for this kid (who is now 18 by the way) to have a little chat after school. I talked myself out of it for obvious reasons.

Anyways, my point with all of this.....is that people need to start waking the hell up out there and paying better attention to problematic kids like this who show all the warning signs. Sometimes there are kids who need special attention, not to be brushed under the carpet so they can try and blend in with society. If we can start catching things BEFORE they happen I think we could all sleep a little safer at night. Sadly, yesterday's horror cannot be undone.

I just pray that the school, the kid, and my poor scared mother can get through this year peacefully. The world is changing fellas......time to start growing eyes in the back of your head and stay ahead of the curve. God bless these poor families who fell victim to a severely disturbed monster. I wish to god they had caught it sooner
I can't fathom why the police weren't involved.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #275
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2126

Default When not too.....

The first thing this morning, after my coffee. Got on the webz...... There was noway I could look at the faces, the names and ages of these little angels........This will take some time for the scars to heel.......Matthew 19:14...........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
The first thing this morning, after my coffee. Got on the webz...... There was noway I could look at the faces, the names and ages of these little angels........This will take some time for the scars to heel.......Matthew 19:14...........
I suggest everyone does but I do hear ya.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #277

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I think it's humorous that citizens feel that this world would be safer without firearms. It's not the guns that kill people people kill and I was glad that someone said that on fox news earlier. All this negative press is crazy, I'm just glad he had an ar15 but it seems that he didn't use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I didn't actually know, but this morning the police said they were still trying to figure out what weapons were used
[quote=Bigcountry02;1053222]Did not see this in the last few posts; but, this is from NBC Today talking about the shooting. Sorry if this is dupe!

Investigation is very complex!

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Feds say 4 hand guns in the school, not the Bushmaster - which was in the Mom's vehicle!

They said on another site the shootings were close range (indication of point-blank)

Tuesday of this week he went to Sporting Goods Store in Danberry, tried to purchase another rifle; but, was denied for a couple of reasons, Conn strict guns regs and waiting period.

On 13th Dec he got into an argument with 4 staff members, still trying to determine what the nature of the argument was about.

Here is his photo:

We've seen this before, a hundred different accounts as to what happened...

In the presser with the M.E. he said he autopsied 7 victims himself, all had anywhere from 3 to 11 gunshot wounds, all up close, all from the .223 and the shooter had used one of the handguns as his ticket to Hell.

The gun found in the car was a Saiga Shotgun...(and of course the pic they use to illustrate it shows it with a drum mag......wasn't the ACTUAL gun...)

The bastardazition of the facts for ratings is abhorrent, but like I said, we've seen it before.

I'm not saying any version here of what happened is right or wrong, but still the amount of inconsistency in reporting is simply pathetic...

Last edited by vincent; 12-16-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #278

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Media responsibility

Hey folks, let's think about how the media responds to these kinds of tragedies....

Having been an avid news hound for decades, and a minor journalist myself, my questions are: what if these victims had died in a bus accident? Instead of all being blown away by multiple shots from a Bushmaster .223 at the hands of a deranged lunatic, what if their bus had slammed into a freeway abutment?

Would the news anchors from multiple major networks have gone on-scene to file their reports? Would the story dominate headlines for days? Would we be getting detailed profiles of the victims and their families for days?

NO! At least not nearly to the extent that we see it now. And ALWAYS after a mass shooting.

The question isn't so much about gun rights and gun control as media spin, and exposure, and how we as a society perceive these killings. THEY BECOME MUCH MORE SENSATIONAL BECAUSE THE MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS MAKE THEM THAT WAY!

Klebold and Harris reveled in the idea of becoming famous once they consummated their attack at Columbine, and Sung Hui-Cho managed to get his ravings and rants published in major newspapers after his attack at Virginia Tech.

The fact is, the media has created a cult of notorious infamy for any prospective psycho who decides to vent his rage and self-loathing on innocent victims with a high-powered weapon.

My advice is simple: STOP GIVING NAMES AND INFO ABOUT THE SHOOTERS. MAKE THEM ANONYMOUS. MAKE THEM DEAD TO US.

And don't sensationalize these events any longer. Treat them like a bus crash. Because as long as the United States remains the most heavily armed society in the world (with the exception of Yemen), this WILL happen again. And again. And again....

Old 12-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #279

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
We've seen this before, a hundred different accounts as to what happened...

In the presser with the M.E. he said he autopsied 7 victims himself, all had anywhere from 3 to 11 gunshot wounds, all up close, all from the .223 and the shooter had used one of the handguns as his ticket to Hell.

The gun found in the car was a Saiga Shotgun...(and of course the pic they use to illustrate it shows it with a drum mag......wasn't the ACTUAL gun...)

The bastardazition of the facts for ratings is abhorrent, but like I said, we've seen it before.

I'm not saying any version here of what happened is right or wrong, but still the amount of inconsistency in reporting is simply pathetic...
We need to stop posting pics of this guy, go back and edit your post and delete the photo in the quote.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #280

Really not trying to be an internet badass or whatever but one solid hook and a boy that size I would have caved his skull.

StainlessSteel215 Likes This