Conn. school shooting - Page 27
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #261
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9832

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
I'd like to try this. Here in Las Vegas we have some very large schools, which are by law "no carry" zones. Although we have a school Police Dept. they are very short handed. What I would like to do is, at one of the larger schools, on a Monday morning, have about 35 or 40 members of a local gun club,, who have carry permits, show up with "Volenteer Security" armbands and start patroling the exterior of the campus, in a "Open Carry"mode. If the law enforcement agency of any given town or city can't provide a safe school, it's time the citizens act. I'll bet this would get some action on the news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
It would backfire on you. You'd get publicity alright...and not the good kind.
Yeah, I think you'd be seeing the wrong side of the jail bars, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Rumor......I heard on the radio that the coroner stated that they were shot with a high powered rifle.......And that in some cases only photos were shown to the parents because of the damage caused by the projectile....
There's no way a picture would satisfy me. They'd have to let me hold my child in my arms.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #262

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

You would think they could tell what gun was used most by the empty casings around the floor, I have never seen a 223 Glock or Sig--what a bunch of dorks!!

Smokeyloads

Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #263

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk
What it all boils down to is choices. The crazy nut**** who did this made the choice. You can say insanity and wasn't in right mind. BS. He made a choice.

Blame the media. Blame the government. Blame the parents. Blame the guns. I was raised in an alcoholic environment. Played GTA, Halo and Call of Duty religiously for years. Watched the most violent action movies released. I'm not out doing immoral, illegal things.

Blame what you want. Crazy will always be around. Guns or not. Media or not. Government or not.
That's 100% spot on. The only thing that makes any terrible act happen is the free will of the bad person. Well, you can't regulate free will.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #264

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I wish this Guy would have ...
A: just killed himself
B: or he could have not been a bit*h and banged it out with SWAT or guys that were equally armed

Old 12-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #265
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydster View Post
You would think they could tell what gun was used most by the empty casings around the floor, I have never seen a 223 Glock or Sig--what a bunch of dorks!!

Smokeyloads
I heard the Sig and the Glock were 9mm.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #266
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Default Here they are.......

http://news.msn.com/us/names-of-victims-in-connecticut-shooting-released

Also coming out now are stories of the brave teachers who protected their students. One teacher hid all her children in cabinets and closets in her classroom and when the shooter entered her room she told him the children were down in the gym. He shot her and left the room.....with the children in that room unharmed.

Here's another brave teacher.........http://now.msn.com/kaitlin-roig-sandy-hook-teacher-recounts-saving-her-students-during-shooting

And more..........http://news.msn.com/us/tales-of-heroism-emerge-from-evil-school-shooting-4

Old 12-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #267

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
http://news.msn.com/us/names-of-victims-in-connecticut-shooting-released

Also coming out now are stories of the brave teachers who protected their students. One teacher hid all her children in cabinets and closets in her classroom and when the shooter entered her room she told him the children were down in the gym. He shot her and left the room.....with the children in that room unharmed.

Here's another brave teacher.........http://now.msn.com/kaitlin-roig-sandy-hook-teacher-recounts-saving-her-students-during-shooting

And more..........http://news.msn.com/us/tales-of-heroism-emerge-from-evil-school-shooting-4
Is she the survivor?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #268
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Is she the survivor?
The teacher who hid the children in cabinets and closets in her classroom and told the shooter her kids were in the gym was killed.

The other stories I posted, all survived.

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/nation/article/Teacher-died-fighting-for-her-students-4121117.php

Old 12-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #269

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was at my wife's graduation when I got the news. My wife just earned her teaching degree. Having a wife as a teacher and with kids in elementary school. I cannot imagine what these families are going through. My prayers go out to them. I am tired of the cowards who take their problems out on innocent children and adults. We have a serious breakdown in our society as this happens way too often. I carry everywhere now because it seems there is no immediate solution to these psycho's.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #270
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4309

Did not see this in the last few posts; but, this is from NBC Today talking about the shooting. Sorry if this is dupe!

Investigation is very complex!

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Feds say 4 hand guns in the school, not the Bushmaster - which was in the Mom's vehicle!

They said on another site the shootings were close range (indication of point-blank)

Tuesday of this week he went to Sporting Goods Store in Danberry, tried to purchase another rifle; but, was denied for a couple of reasons, Conn strict guns regs and waiting period.

On 13th Dec he got into an argument with 4 staff members, still trying to determine what the nature of the argument was about.

Here is his photo:

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 12-16-2012 at 03:49 AM.