Conn. school shooting - Page 26
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #251
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7662 Times on 4604 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Our "Gun Control" measures did work:

"Two days before the argument, Lanza tried unsuccessfully to buy a gun at Dick's Sporting Goods in nearby Danbury on Tuesday, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation. "

Source:
I have read that, too.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #252

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have read that, too.
It won't deter those who want to ban but it does implicate the negligence of the mother by allowing access to the disturbed.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #253

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, if it was refused for him to purchase a firearm legally a few days before, yes, that part of gun control worked.
What didn`t seem to work, ist that he took the firearms from his mother.....

Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #254

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well, if it was refused for him to purchase a firearm legally a few days before, yes, that part of gun control worked.
Which technically is negligence.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #255
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Angry I'd like to try this!!

I'd like to try this. Here in Las Vegas we have some very large schools, which are by law "no carry" zones. Although we have a school Police Dept. they are very short handed. What I would like to do is, at one of the larger schools, on a Monday morning, have about 35 or 40 members of a local gun club,, who have carry permits, show up with "Volenteer Security" armbands and start patroling the exterior of the campus, in a "Open Carry"mode. If the law enforcement agency of any given town or city can't provide a safe school, it's time the citizens act. I'll bet this would get some action on the news.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #256

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Another feather in the cap for us.... Again criminals don't obey the law....
Also the coulda shoda woulda political mudd slinging is useless venting... While help ful in feeling useless politically ... We should be writing our state reps and doubling up on our NRA and uscca support ... Imho

Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #257

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
I'd like to try this. Here in Las Vegas we have some very large schools, which are by law "no carry" zones. Although we have a school Police Dept. they are very short handed. What I would like to do is, at one of the larger schools, on a Monday morning, have about 35 or 40 members of a local gun club,, who have carry permits, show up with "Volenteer Security" armbands and start patroling the exterior of the campus, in a "Open Carry"mode. If the law enforcement agency of any given town or city can't provide a safe school, it's time the citizens act. I'll bet this would get some action on the news.
It would backfire on you. You'd get publicity alright...and not the good kind.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #258
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think it's humorous that citizens feel that this world would be safer without firearms. It's not the guns that kill people people kill and I was glad that someone said that on fox news earlier. All this negative press is crazy, I'm just glad he had an ar15 but it seems that he didn't use it.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #259
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I think it's humorous that citizens feel that this world would be safer without firearms. It's not the guns that kill people people kill and I was glad that someone said that on fox news earlier. All this negative press is crazy, I'm just glad he had an ar15 but it seems that he didn't use it.
Rumor......I heard on the radio that the coroner stated that they were shot with a high powered rifle.......And that in some cases only photos were shown to the parents because of the damage caused by the projectile....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #260
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post

Rumor......I heard on the radio that the coroner stated that they were shot with a high powered rifle.......And that in some cases only photos were shown to the parents because of the damage caused by the projectile....
I didn't actually know, but this morning the police said they were still trying to figure out what weapons were used