Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #221
FAA licensed bugsmasher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1904 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Ladies and gentlemen... This incident will illicit all kinds of very emotional responses. But let's tone it down in here.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #222

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Alright, folks. I deleted some posts here that implied our government is or could be or would want to be involved in events like this tragic shooting. Let's keep our heads on straight here. NO ONE wants to see children murdered in their innocence, NO ONE! Not even the Brady Campaign or our government in the hopes to further their anti-gun agenda. If anyone wants to post ideas like that, please be a Supporting Member and take it to the "Conspiracy" subforum. I won't let this tragedy and the pain of so many parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. be sullied by ideas this was done on purpose.

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #223

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

CT has an assault rifle ban, too. The media should NEVER cover these events! that is what drives them, the "FAME" of being such a jerk". If all they ever got was a hushed up trial and a quick hanging, it would stop. It won't stop, until this is true, actually.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #224

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonney View Post
CT has an assault rifle ban, too. The media should NEVER cover these events! that is what drives them, the "FAME" of being such a jerk". If all they ever got was a hushed up trial and a quick hanging, it would stop. It won't stop, until this is true, actually.
http://youtu.be/PezlFNTGWv4
To reiterate your point

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #225

Liked 889 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 680

I tossed and turned for two hours thinking about this last night. There are very few parents in this country who are not feeling the pain for these folks in CT. I love guns, I love shooting, I love the freedom I have in this country to own them, and I've spent my entire life around firearms...but I would give them up in a heartbeat if by doing so it would bring just one of those little children back to life.

War to the knife; the knife to the hilt
People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #226

Liked 712 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
This screams paranoid delusion.
Just because you are not paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
My mom just sent me this article, at least someone is using their head.

http://www.kidpower.org/library/article/weapons-schools/
I have a 10 and 13 year old, I told them that if this ever happens at your
school and you are not locked in your classroom with your teacher. 1) get
some where, where you can lock yourself in a room. If you cannot get
locked up run away from any gunfire and get out and away from the school
if you see police run to them with your hands out where they can see them.

At home they know where the guns are and where the ammo is, and have
orders to shoot until they stop moving. My older boy now has several
whitetail kills and has seen animals die in front of him. I know he will not
hesitate. He is also a damn good shot with the 9mm and Mom's .357.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #227

Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 434

This is truly a terrible thing that has happened and I hope the shooter burns in hell for eternity and I am faithful that is exactly what he is doing. However I do wish the media would stop twisting this to the advantage of the gun grabbers. Everything I read says the shooter had 2 pistols and a 223 rifle, some even calling it an M4 rifle. When come to find out in one article I read the rifle was left in the shooters vehicle and wasn't even present in the building. In one article it speaks of the rifle being in the vehicle then 2 paragraphs later is says authorities report 2 pistols and a high powered rifle on the scene of the crime. It is no surprise they use these tragic events to their advantage, they always have, but it still disgusts me.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #228

That's what happens when the news media all want to be the first to "report the latest news" on their station. They 'go off half cocked' (no pun intended). They hear a bit of news and report it before finding out if it is fact or not. Time will reveal what truly happened and maybe even why. Until then, take whatever you hear with a grain of salt.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #229

And here, let me scoot a little further out on the limb I'm sitting on. Bash away if you'd like......

The 'killer's" family is mourning, too, I'm sure. I highly doubt they are rejoicing in this family members decision to shoot and kill so many people, including such young and innocent children. And heap on top of that they also lost a Mom and their brother......or however the relationships may fall for them. To be honest, my heart goes out to those family members who are horrified that someone in their family committed such a horrific crime. The shame they must bear along with the mourning must be terrible. The only person who must be condemned for this crime was the shooter himself. Not any one in his family. I'm sure if they could have prevented this or thought it was going to happen, they would have stopped it.

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #230

Liked 158 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
This is truly a terrible thing that has happened and I hope the shooter burns in hell for eternity and I am faithful that is exactly what he is doing. However I do wish the media would stop twisting this to the advantage of the gun grabbers. Everything I read says the shooter had 2 pistols and a 223 rifle, some even calling it an M4 rifle. When come to find out in one article I read the rifle was left in the shooters vehicle and wasn't even present in the building. In one article it speaks of the rifle being in the vehicle then 2 paragraphs later is says authorities report 2 pistols and a high powered rifle on the scene of the crime. It is no surprise they use these tragic events to their advantage, they always have, but it still disgusts me.
Technically it was at the scene of the crime. The shooters car and the entire campus of the school is the scene of the crime. Our country is going to hell in a hand basket. All I know is that I am damn sure if some psycho ever pulls a gun on me I'm either taking him down or at least slowing him down enough for others to escape. These shootings are messed up and make me wish I lived in another time.