Conn. school shooting - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Conn. school shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #211
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
That is a patently absurd and, quite frankly, horrific thing to say. They think this proves their point. While I certainly don't agree with their position, to imply that they look forward to a massacre to push an agenda is asinine.
I do believe they use stuff like this to further their agenda. They always start spewing anti gun propaganda within hours of these tragic events. A decent person would wait at least a few days.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #212
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 147 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I do believe they use stuff like this to further their agenda. They always start spewing anti gun propaganda within hours of these tragic events. A decent person would wait at least a few days.
Of course they will use this to further their agenda, I didn't say otherwise.

Last edited by otisthecat; 12-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #213
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
Of course they will use this to further their agenda, I didn't say otherwise.
Sorry, I was just quoting you. I never said you said otherwise.
Though, I wouldn't exactly say that them looking forward to travesties like this is asinine. They already make of lies, and use fake statistics to further their cause, stuff like this helps them.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #214

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Regretfully in the time we live in. We should all be calling for full time armed security in our schools.
An armed guard at the front door may have made a difference ?Its so sad my simpathy does not seem
to be enough. Those poor kids god bless them all.

Last edited by johnfs; 12-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #215

Liked 1620 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
So, Tex, I believe you to be a decent person, how long did it take you to make a response on the world wide web? Do you live by a different standard then you profess?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #216
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 802 Times on 413 Posts

My mom just sent me this article, at least someone is using their head.

http://www.kidpower.org/library/article/weapons-schools/

Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #217

Liked 1620 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
No it is not!
The progressives are the most dishonest, ruthless people on earth. They literally are just waiting and hoping to have events like this to exploit. They are as bad as the person who pulled the trigger, and much more dangerous to US!!!:mad:
Mad? Yes Jim, perhaps you are mad.

Do you really think that the government officials would sit around in the dark of night planning the murder of five year olds? And this with the support of the liberals of the nation? If I thought that was even in the realm of possibilities, I would be on the next plane out of this country, to somewhere more in tune with my beliefs.

The incident was the act of an insane man, who used the most efficient means of killing that he could get his hands on, on short notice, and wanted to go out in a blaze of infamy. It was a temper tantrum writ large.

To blame liberals for an event like borders on insanity, and reeks of George Orwell's "double speak". Events like this reinforce the notions of people who don't think we should own high capacity, semi atutomaitc weapons, it makes them mad as hell at us. Of course the anti-gunners will push back after such an event. I own these types of weapons and I still understand why they would push back. I don't agree, but I understand.

When people read posts such as yours, it only reinforces the notion that some people should not, under any circumstances own firearms.

EDIT

I did a little poking around the net and found some interesting tidbits on mass shootings in the US in the last thirty years. Mass shootings involve the deaths of five or more victims and a single shooter, and may include the shooter. There have been around 60 incidents, depending on what you count. About 75% were commited with legally acquired weapons. By far, the most weaons used were semi-auto pistols, follwed by semi-auto rifles. Of all of the shooters listed, there was one black male, and one white woman, the rest were white men. There was not a hippie, liberal, progressive, left-winger, identified in the bunch.....

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 12-15-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added information
People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #218
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 802 Times on 413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Mad? Yes Jim, perhaps you are mad.

Do you really think that the government officials would sit around in the dark of night planning the murder of five year olds? And this with the support of the liberals of the nation? If I thought that was even in the realm of possibilities, I would be on the next plane out of this country, to somewhere more in tune with my beliefs.

The incident was the act of an insane man, who used the most efficient means of killing that he could get his hands on, on short notice, and wanted to go out in a blaze of infamy. It was a temper tantrum writ large.

To blame liberals for an event like borders on insanity, and reeks of George Orwell's "double speak". Events like this reinforce the notions of people who don't think we should own high capacity, semi atutomaitc weapons, it makes them mad as hell at us. Of course the anti-gunners will push back after such an event. I own these types of weapons and I still understand why they would push back. I don't agree, but I understand.

When people read posts such as yours, it only reinforces the notion that some people should not, under any circumstances own firearms.
For once I agree with you... When we allow ourselves to believe that Bush blew up the World Trade Center or Liberals are plotting the massacre or five year olds to achieve a political goal, the train has left the station and nobody's aboard! We need to remember to use our brains, especially at times like this.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #219

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
No it is not!
The progressives are the most dishonest, ruthless people on earth. They literally are just waiting and hoping to have events like this to exploit. They are as bad as the person who pulled the trigger, and much more dangerous to US!!!
This screams paranoid delusion.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #220

Liked 27 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 39

When I heard about this tragedy, I was busy that afternoon with a graduation. Afterwards, I got the chance to check my phone, so I jumped on Facebook and started seeing all these "prayers go out to..." posts. I was like "WTF did I miss?", so I Googled it and found out. Saddened.