Congressman Pushes a Ban on Traditional Ammunition - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Congressman Pushes a Ban on Traditional Ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
I have blisters on my finger tips from writing so many letters to politicians over 2nd Amendment matters. I talk to as many people as I can to educate them and get them to write to their representatives. It's a long road ...
I know what you mean. We've just come out on the wrong end of a political fight to crater this stupid long gun registry that liberals sold to latté drinkers, unions and other sheeple about 10 years ago. A bill to end our long gun registry failed when one liberal - who has promised his constituents for 10 years that he'd vote against it if he could - turned tail at the last minute and joined the rest of the liberal fascists.

There are between 11M and 7.5M firearms in Canada, depending on whose data you like. For over 10 years, it has been a crime to own an unregistered gun in Kanada. The RCMP now has about 1/2 of the guns registered. The other 1/2 will likely not register voluntarily - ever. Many of the unregistered will get picked up over time as guns are transferred, gun owners die and so on, but it's the largest example of civil disobedience this country has ever seen, by far.

What was most profoundly disappointing this last time around is that the gun grabbers have co-opted police leadership and they almost unanimously rallied, lobbied, issued press releases and gave interviews supporting continuation of the hated Registry - and more efforts to force compliance. They fudged statistics and they made shyte up. They claimed, for instance, that 11,000 queries per day are sent to the Registry by police officers in Canada checking to see if guns are present; for example in responding to a domestic complaint. They didn't mention that over 10,000 of those queries were generated automatically by the way their computers were programmed and that almost any query for anything - including an address - generated an automatic firearms search at the Registry. They wanted to produce a big number and pretended usefulness. Police chiefs were are supposed to stay out of politics (by law) were busy beavers in saving their latest, greatest boondoggle - the Registry - and the false appearance of increased security they falsely peddle. An individual police officer named Randy Kuntz in Edmonton conducted his own poll of street level officers and found 90% of them thought the Registry is useless and should be scrapped. Kuntz went public. Now, Kuntz is banned from the police publication "Blue Line", where he conducted his poll. RCMP officers were also instructed to shut up.

Nobody here is safer and I can prove it. On the other hand, the U.S. is getting safer and their gun laws are going in the other direction.

Sometimes, it's enuf to make you want to chew your arm off....

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.