Concealed carry - to and from work - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Concealed carry - to and from work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #21
PGM
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
These look pretty solid
http://www.consolevault.com/
A 18v milwaukee circular metal saw will get into or through most anything. 12 ga. real easy.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #22

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts

I saw one like the above, that is bolted down from a tray that holds the box and it seemed like the best option but where to mount it seems to be the problem.

The cable boxes seem more convenient but less secure.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #23
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1957 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Sorry, Balota. Did not see this post before writing mine. You're in a tough spot.

I do not understand "Zero Tolerance" policies anywhere. To me, it's implemented so that no one has to be an adult and make a judgement call based on circumstance. As long as we have zero tolerance, no one gets any sort of trial or get to explain their circumstance. A woman who has a stalker shouldn't defend herself? A man threatened by a crazed neighbor and has a restraining order has no reason to carry a gun? Zero tolerance is a coward's way out.
You have discerned the situation precisely. Avoid making any rational decision that results in taking personal responsibility.

State law prevents them from making a policy forbidding guns in cars. Otherwise they would.

Sent from my XT907 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1957 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I don't know where she carries when she carries, but couldn't doing a transfer at her trunk leave her open to an accusation of brandishing?

I'm with you about there not being a good solution. She would almost be better off parking on the street and keeping the valets out of her car. I have a strong suspicion that there is more to that than meets the eye.
Brandishing depends on state law. In Oklahoma they recognize the car as an extension of the home. The law about what an employer or store owner can and can not do is pretty clear. Storing a gun in the trunk to comply with a declared gun free zone is not brandishing.

Sent from my XT907 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

When I am out and about and have to leave my handgun in my car, I have some police handcuffs with one end mounted around the frame of the seat, and the other end through the trigger guard of my revolver. (empty of course) and then tucked in one of them soft gun pouches like pictured in Witmeba's post to keep it more out of sight and to help keep the dirt out.

They would have to either cut through the seat frame, or remove seat or steal car to get to it in open public parking lots.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #26
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1327 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
When I am out and about and have to leave my handgun in my car, I have some police handcuffs with one end mounted around the frame of the seat, and the other end through the trigger guard of my revolver. (empty of course) and then tucked in one of them soft gun pouches like pictured in Witmeba's post to keep it more out of sight and to help keep the dirt out.

They would have to either cut through the seat frame, or remove seat or steal car to get to it in open public parking lots.
Anna, good plan! I can see you coming out to the car after shopping and some genius criminal is trying to figure out how to get the gun unfastened! Make it look like a puzzle and you can keep them entertained for hours.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3706

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Anna, good plan! I can see you coming out to the car after shopping and some genius criminal is trying to figure out how to get the gun unfastened! Make it look like a puzzle and you can keep them entertained for hours.
Picking handcuffs isn't all that difficult, though the double lock on it can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

If it's not obvious from just looking into the car from the outside, it's more likely that someone breaking into her car would be going for something else, or the entire car (unless it's someone that knows she keeps a firearm in her car).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

Have you thought about getting some nice furry cuff covers to protect the gun finish? <grin>

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist that one.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1615 Times on 1106 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Have you thought about getting some nice furry cuff covers to protect the gun finish? <grin>

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist that one.
Even better, furry dice with a custom holster.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato