Concealed Carry permit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Concealed Carry permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed Carry permit

I am 21, but will be 22 when I get my weapon and I qualify every year with my unit on the M9, what is the easiest way to get the permit and what are my limits of carry with the permit?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Yer in VA- you apply to the Circuit Court where you live. They CAN require you to provide fngerprints, (Sheriff's Dept down the hall) and they CAN require you provide proof of competency with a firearm (Copy, military ID)

Read the state law on places you may not carry. You may not carry in a post office or other Federal facility. Not when drinking, not in courts or schools.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #3

lol.. My Military ID is currently expired.. My unit is too lazy to take me somewhere to get this corrected.. Even when we were last on post! Does it cost anything to obtain and do I have to currently own a weapon to get this? How long are Virginia permits good for?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Believe the fee is $30, but check w/ the clerk of the court. Permit good for 5 years. No, you do not have to own a firearm to get the permit.

Re: lazy half stepping REMF Chairborne Ranger that will not get your ID updated- want me to have my general make a call to your general?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #5

I would have to know who my General is first..lol I was involuntarily transferred to a new unit a few months ago..