Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Legal and Activism (
-   -   Concealed Carry permit (

Rhodesian 06-30-2011 07:22 AM

Concealed Carry permit
I am 21, but will be 22 when I get my weapon and I qualify every year with my unit on the M9, what is the easiest way to get the permit and what are my limits of carry with the permit?

c3shooter 06-30-2011 08:31 AM

Yer in VA- you apply to the Circuit Court where you live. They CAN require you to provide fngerprints, (Sheriff's Dept down the hall) and they CAN require you provide proof of competency with a firearm (Copy, military ID)

Read the state law on places you may not carry. You may not carry in a post office or other Federal facility. Not when drinking, not in courts or schools.

Rhodesian 06-30-2011 10:07 AM

lol.. My Military ID is currently expired.. My unit is too lazy to take me somewhere to get this corrected.. Even when we were last on post! Does it cost anything to obtain and do I have to currently own a weapon to get this? How long are Virginia permits good for?

c3shooter 06-30-2011 10:25 AM

Believe the fee is $30, but check w/ the clerk of the court. Permit good for 5 years. No, you do not have to own a firearm to get the permit.

Re: lazy half stepping REMF Chairborne Ranger that will not get your ID updated- want me to have my general make a call to your general? :rolleyes:

Rhodesian 06-30-2011 10:42 AM

I would have to know who my General is I was involuntarily transferred to a new unit a few months ago.. :eek: