"Compromise" bill represents the most far-reaching gun ban in years

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Compromise" bill represents the most far-reaching gun ban in years

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default "Compromise" bill represents the most far-reaching gun ban in years

http://www.gunowners.org/a061807.htm

ACTION:

1. Please urge your Senators to OPPOSE the gun control bill (HR 2640) which was snuck through the House last week by anti-gun Democrats. Some people are saying this bill is a positive step for gun owners, but realize this ONE SIMPLE FACT: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy and Sen. Chuck Schumer are the lead sponsors of this legislation! These two have NEVER once looked out for your Second Amendment rights!!!

2. Please use the contact information below -- and the pre-written letter -- to help direct your comments to them, and circulate this alert to as many gun owners as you can. It is imperative that we remind gun owners nationwide that gun control DOES NOT work to reduce crime; that, to the contrary, gun control HAS DISARMED millions of law-abiding citizens; and that the answer to tragedies like Virginia Tech is to REPEAL the "gun free zones" which leave law-abiding victims defenseless.

Read about the whole bill at the link

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #2

Why the hell did the NRA support this?

Old 06-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #3

Default This was a dirty deed

there should be no more compromise on ANY gun rights.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
there should be no more compromise on ANY gun rights.

The only 2 gun legislations that make sense to me are instant background checks and violent felons being restricted (they should rot in jail or die anyways). I've even flip-flopped on the issue of non violent felons not being allowed to own firearms, they should. It should stop there.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
The only 2 gun legislations that make sense to me are instant background checks and violent felons being restricted (they should rot in jail or die anyways). I've even flip-flopped on the issue of non violent felons not being allowed to own firearms, they should. It should stop there.
You're exactly right!