Comparing CC holders to First Responders? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Comparing CC holders to First Responders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3214 Times on 1918 Posts
Likes Given: 2283

HMM...i only read the bits you posted. but to a degree, it sounds like he supporting CC in target. one might not agree with the premise on which he supports it, but he supports it nonetheless....and isn't that...y'know...a good thing????

as for IF a CC holder chooses to engage a potential threat, well that could depend on many situations. the CC holder is certainly not obligated to do so. if you want to give yourself the best chance to be protected by a CC permit....GET ONE FOR YOURSELF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
The link below is to a petition to the interim CEO of Target Corporation:

https://www.change.org/petitions/john-mulligan-target-welcome-lawful-gun-owners

In a nutshell, it is asking that CC rights be observed by Target, which I agree with, but then makes what I consider to be the most misguided of statements:

"We need more first responders -- people who are on the scene and can stop attacks more quickly....... If law-abiding people, who are trained and licensed to carry guns, are blocked from shopping at Target, only the Second Responders (police) will be available to help, eventually, when they arrive."

No. This is NOT what conceal carry is for. It is to protect YOU. Whoever wrote this letter is either very unfamiliar with laws surrounding self-defense justification or just does not agree with it. The LAST thing we need is a bunch of folks who consider themselves 'trained' because they can shoot nice holes in paper making snap life and death decisions as unofficial "Johnny First Responder". We are not deputized nor empowered just because we have CC permits...it simply does not work that way

"Every month, many Americans carry guns into Target stores with no ill effects. Many or most of these customers will stop shopping at Target if the corporate owners require shoppers to be defenseless"

Um, no. Target will lose very little business. Let's not be kidding ourselves, not that many of us conceal carry as a percentage of the overall population.

Last thought - an interim CEO is not going to make a call on a decision like this in a million years.

OKAY so it sounds like I think this letter is a big waste of time - it probably is - but not because of what it requests (observe state laws regarding cc) but the rationale it gives (because a cc responder will stop mass shootings) is not correct nor legal most places
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #52

Liked 2104 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

I agree with AXXE and Manta. However I will take it one step further. If you are carrying a gun, you should be competent with it. I do not think the government should tell us how often to train or how to train. But I do believe the we owe it to ourselves and those around us to practice. If I couldn't draw my weapon without shooting a bunch of innocent people I would spend a lot more time at the range. Everyone that carries should dedicate time to practice.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I agree with AXXE and Manta. However I will take it one step further. If you are carrying a gun, you should be competent with it. I do not think the government should tell us how often to train or how to train. But I do believe the we owe it to ourselves and those around us to practice. If I couldn't draw my weapon without shooting a bunch of innocent people I would spend a lot more time at the range. Everyone that carries should dedicate time to practice.
i agree. in no way do i advocate or condone mandatory training to carry or use a firearm for SD usage. but think anyone that decides to carry or have a gun in their home for SD purposes should take it upon themselves to train or practice in it's use.

alot of people that do conceal carry a gun for protection will usually practice at very close range, because most personal attacks will be up close and personal. personally i practice at 10-15 yards as my maximum distance with most pistols and very seldom go past those distances. 25 yards would be a long shot for me with a pistol. IMO, most people who do carry, are not going to practice for something that is very highly unlikely to happen.

i do seriously believe in regular practice. i think as gun owners we should have the responsiblity in practicing if we own a gun for protection.
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #54

Liked 2055 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i do seriously believe in regular practice. i think as gun owners we should have the responsiblity in practicing if we own a gun for protection.
^^^^what he said
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #55
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
Are CC holders first responders?

There might be an argument that CC holders are potential first reactors but First Responder is a real stretch. And how they react depends on a few thousand variables, not the least of which are level of training and experience.

Over the years I've heard a lot of badass talk from people I wouldn't trust to screw in a lightbulb. Some of them are licenced to carry lethal weapons.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Default This thread....

This thread:

seancslaughter Likes This 
Old 06-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #57

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Most threads here turn into a train wreck. You have a bunch of parrots. If you don't agree with the parrot logic you are wrong. People get out and buy some guns. Get enough experience to form your own opinion.
Argyle_Armoring Likes This 
Old 06-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #58

Liked 3214 Times on 1918 Posts
Likes Given: 2283

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Most threads here turn into a train wreck. You have a bunch of parrots. If you don't agree with the parrot logic you are wrong.
LOL! have you been on OTHER gun forums??? this one is better than 80% of the gun forums out there when it comes to trolls and train wreck threads.

i have been in a few arguments here where i ended up disagreeing with 80-90% of the posters on FTF. and 3 out of 4 posters here handle that in a pretty easy going kind of way. there will always be those that can't stand for other people to think differently.

if it gets to you, post "agree to disagree" and move on to something else. there comes a point in some discussions when you have to know you will not change the mind of the person you are debating with.

just friendly advice. take it or leave it.
People Like This 
Old 06-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #59

Liked 2055 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
LOL! have you been on OTHER gun forums??? this one is better than 80% of the gun forums out there when it comes to trolls and train wreck threads.

i have been in a few arguments here where i ended up disagreeing with 80-90% of the posters on FTF. and 3 out of 4 posters here handle that in a pretty easy going kind of way. there will always be those that can't stand for other people to think differently.

if it gets to you, post "agree to disagree" and move on to something else. there comes a point in some discussions when you have to know you will not change the mind of the person you are debating with.

just friendly advice. take it or leave it.
I was going to say, this thread is pretty good compared to some. Has not had to be shut down yet.