Comparing CC holders to First Responders? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Comparing CC holders to First Responders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1588 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 549

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
Just so happens that almost all of your posts are anti self defense/defense of others which I have no problem I just think it's weird coming from a firearms owner (even one from the uk) it's when you start trying to tell me what you think I would do that I take offense to! Like I said before I could not and would not live with myself if I did nothing even if outnumbered and against overwhelming odds it may sound Ramboish to you,but some of us are cut from different cloth
Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Manta just wants to see people stop advocating reckless behavior. I have had plenty of training clearing buildings. None of it involved being a cowboy who gets people killed. If you have done half the stuff you claim some Hadji would have blown your brains out in a week. Enough is enough!

I have just thought BS when I read these threads about being a hero. I have just let it pass. Arlington National Cemetery is full of heroes. The difference is the heroes in Arlington National Cemetery had no choice.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 AM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
unless you have had situational training, there is a very good chance you could shoot the wrong person or, as we have seen recently in Las Vegas.....get yourself shot

All true. Except that nobody, I mean nobody will decide (training or not) if and when I will defend myself or others. The outcome of such an encounter will be decided by a number of factors. One of them will not be me running away seeking more training.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Comparing CC holders to First Responders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Manta just wants to see people stop advocating reckless behavior. I have had plenty of training clearing buildings. None of it involved being a cowboy who gets people killed. If you have done half the stuff you claim some Hadji would have blown your brains out in a week. Enough is enough!

Who the hell ever said anything about being a hero? Dude I was a combat arms troop not some support staff.
I have just thought BS when I read these threads about being a hero. I have just let it pass. Arlington National Cemetery is full of heroes. The difference is the heroes in Arlington National Cemetery had no choice.

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Last edited by seancslaughter; 06-14-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #24

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Are CC holders first responders?

You better believe it. When it all hits the fan who do you think is going to be on scene to put things 5 by 5, the police? Puh leeze, it's going to be us, the armed sheepdogs ready to sink our fangs into the wolves' throat as he tries to kill the sheep. It's why I do what I do.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

You never know how people will respond when the bullets are flying. But in my life experience the ones that do all the talking , are the first to be heading for the hills. Other peoples experience might be different, but I think its a common experience to most people.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2037 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
Are CC holders first responders?

You better believe it. When it all hits the fan who do you think is going to be on scene to put things 5 by 5, the police? Puh leeze, it's going to be us, the armed sheepdogs ready to sink our fangs into the wolves' throat as he tries to kill the sheep. It's why I do what I do.
CC holders are not first responders though. There is no training related to situational preparedness or combat skills required in order to get a permit in any state that I know of. Quite to the contrary, most of the coursework involved for those states that require such a thing focuses on the legal issues surrounding the use of your weapon in a self defense situation.

I have no doubt that you are or believe you are properly trained and would not make a situation much worse by your actions. I believe a majority of concealed carry permit holders are not prepared to be of assistance in situations such as these. All I can say is, based on your remarks I sure hope you have a good lawyer on retainer!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1402773486.197716.jpg

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
You never know how people will respond when the bullets are flying. But in my life experience the ones that do all the talking , are the first to be heading for the hills. Other peoples experience might be different, but I think its a common experience to most people.
What're you trying to say there, Manta? Don't be coy, spit it out.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
CC holders are not first responders though. There is no training related to situational preparedness or combat skills required in order to get a permit in any state that I know of. Quite to the contrary, most of the coursework involved for those states that require such a thing focuses on the legal issues surrounding the use of your weapon in a self defense situation.

I have no doubt that you are or believe you are properly trained and would not make a situation much worse by your actions. I believe a majority of concealed carry permit holders are not prepared to be of assistance in situations such as these. All I can say is, based on your remarks I sure hope you have a good lawyer on retainer!
Lawyer's, the liberal's best friend.

I'll tell you what there, Chloeshooter, you worry about the lawyers...I'll worry about the most justice.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
What're you trying to say there, Manta? Don't be coy, spit it out.
I think its clear what I am saying. Its easy to post on a forum what someone would or would not do in a certain situation. Reality can be different.