Comparing CC holders to First Responders? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Comparing CC holders to First Responders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

the only thing i need is speed, surprise, and violence of action. If some ******* is shooting up a target and all I have is my keys im grabbing a bat or other improvised weapon and i am gonna ambush the clown and I am going to win or die trying.

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

People Like This 
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am not trying to put you down or shine a negative light on your words. When you go to target with the wife and kids quite often all you will have is a pocket pistol or the easiest to carry rig you own.

Many of us have been trained to clear buildings. But we were trained to have superior or at least equal firepower when clearing a building. You know what happens when you bring a pistol to a rifle fight.
Actually, I rarely get to go to Target with my family because of the hours I work. However, when I am off duty I always have with me: G26 with 11 rounds, G17 magazine with 17 rounds, my 5.11 pocket light, nylon Tuff Tie Cuff, and my Gerber automatic knife. It may seem like a lot it's not. I even have my "Go Bag" in the car with me everywhere I go.

I go to the range every week. I practice moving and shooting and reloading and using cover. I'm confident in my skills that I could take down an active shooter if the need ever arises.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Last edited by Argyle_Armoring; 06-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing i need is speed, surprise, and violence of action. If some ******* is shooting up a target and all I have is my keys im grabbing a bat or other improvised weapon and i am gonna ambush the clown and I am going to win or die trying.
That's easy said, you might think differently if bullets are flying your direction.

Last edited by manta; 06-13-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Dude just STFU! I have had bullets, RPG's, stolen AT-4's, HMG's, grenades and GIANT ****ING IED's come in my direction you know what I did? Killed the ****ing hajji's that subjected me to that. You have no clue who I am and what I have done in my short 32 years on this Earth or where I have done it at. I swore an Oath and in that Oath I swore to protect the People of these United States and Uphold its Constitution. That does not go away just because I don't wear Army Green and Combat Boots anymore. That being said I have trained as military and law enforcement on what to do in an Active Shooter situation and even if I only have a ****ing whiffle ball bat I am gonna **** old boy up!
Every situation is different, so no one knows how they will react until they are in that situation unless they have a crystal ball do they .? So I won't say how I would react simply because I don't know. I am not saying you do, but I suspect some people watch too many Rambo films.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Well this thread sure got stupid in a hurry. Let's stay on topic and take the petty pissing contest elsewhere

People Like This 
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, as I said it was only my opinion. People are allowed to have an opinion are they not, is that OK with you. ?

Just so happens that almost all of your posts are anti self defense/defense of others which I have no problem I just think it's weird coming from a firearms owner (even one from the uk) it's when you start trying to tell me what you think I would do that I take offense to! Like I said before I could not and would not live with myself if I did nothing even if outnumbered and against overwhelming odds it may sound Ramboish to you,but some of us are cut from different cloth

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

People Like This 
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #17

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, as I said it was only my opinion. People are allowed to have an opinion are they not, is that OK with you. ?
I'm perfectly fine with people having a opinion. The problem is that Sean stated his opinion, you stated yours (which happens to disagree). Sean emphasized his again. That should have been the end of it. Instead, you proceed to tell him that he's wrong, making a smart*** comment about a crystal ball. Then in your next post you continue to be a smart***, saying that you'll shove a firearm up the BG's ***.

Opinions are fine. Disagreeing and being disrespectful are completely different things.

Quote:
I don't know what i would do and don't see how anyone else could know, but that's just my opinion.
Key word is the I there. Some people have been through hell already, and know exactly how they acted. And some others have a set of ideals that dictate how they would act in a situation like that, especially those that were in the military. Almost all veterans in the U.S. since Vietnam have been volunteers (no disrespect to those that were drafted in Vietnam.) They took a oath to protect people, and that oath doesn't expire.

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok in done with the pissing match back on topic I think the petition was well intended but poorly worded

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Just so happens that almost all of your posts are anti self defense/defense of others which I have no problem I just think it's weird coming from a firearms owner (even one from the uk) it's when you start trying to tell me what you think I would do that I take offense to! Like I said before I could not and would not live with myself if I did nothing even if outnumbered and against overwhelming odds it may sound Ramboish to you,but some of us are cut from different cloth
Show me one post were I was anti self defence. This is about defending others not self defence.

Quote:
Key word is the I there. Some people have been through hell already, and know exactly how they acted. And some others have a set of ideals that dictate how they would act in a situation like that, especially those that were in the military. Almost all veterans in the U.S. since Vietnam have been volunteers (no disrespect to those that were drafted in Vietnam.) They took a oath to protect people, and that oath doesn't expire.
Are you trying to tell me that everyone that was in the military would act the same way in the type of situation we are talking about. If you are you are kidding yourself. Everyone is different even ones that have being in the military and act differently. In the military you are put in situations that leave little choice on what way to react. Civilians have a choice and will decide what to do if and when it happens.

Quote:
And some others have a set of ideals that dictate how they would act in a situation like that,
Having a set of ideals on what you would do , and what you would do in that type of situation could be different. Its impossible to know what you would do in a theoretical situation.

Quote:
Opinions are fine. Disagreeing and being disrespectful are completely different things.
What's the point of asking a question if you only want people to agree, people do agree and disagree on subjects. As for being disrespectful I would find this type of comment as disrespectful as well as just plain ignorant.
Quote:
he just needs to go fiddle his queens bean and piss off
He should run that type of comment by the next British soldiers he is serving beside se how he gets on.

Last edited by manta; 06-13-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #20
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1207 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Keep posts on topic, and do not attack other members