Commentary on Illinois Assault Weapon Ban Bill - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Commentary on Illinois Assault Weapon Ban Bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

My uncle actually supports this and gun control but he claims he supports the second amendment.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8838 Times on 3826 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Here in Virginia, we usually send our former Governors to the Senate. There in Illinois, they send them to Joliet.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #13

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
1. I like Illinois. I detest the Chicago area, which seems to be the tail wagging the rest of the dog.

2. Good editorial. Do not assume that a stated purpose of any politician is the purpose. These folks have their own agenda- being reelected is high on that agenda. I like the way we do it in Virginia. You're the Governor? 4 years, then out. Bye bye.

3. Have spent a few years designing presentations. Lesson from the Society of Illumination Engineers- Red type on a black background= illegible. As does Canary Yellow on white. Try Bright yellow against Royal Blue.
Thank you for the feed back, I'll play around and go with mess w/ those suggestions!

And I envy you - I wish Illinois would allow us to send Governors packing after 4 years.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #14

How about these Big City Mayors ? Bloomburg is Anti Gun yet Drives in a Hardened,Bomb Proof, Bullet Resistant up to .50 Cal SUV w Run Flat Tires w a Team of PSD Detectives carrying 5k in Rounds, MP-5's plus Handguns in 2 SUV's, he claims Central Park is safe and threatens anyone carrying a FA will do 3-5 w/o exception... I could safely stroll thru Kabul using pages of the Koran as Toilet Paper w his PSD team, how unrealistic !

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think if you are a politian that supports and tries to pass any form of FA banning or regulation type legislation you should banned from firearms. You should not be allowed to have armed bodyguards while you disarm your citizenry. You should have EVERY gun you own confiscated. And you should wear a sign that reads, "I am the mayor/Representative/Senator. I am unarmed and unprotected. I want to take your freedom away." Then they should walk through the most dangerous part of town alone, just like in the Die Hard movie.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #16

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockbail
How about these Big City Mayors ? Bloomburg is Anti Gun yet Drives in a Hardened,Bomb Proof, Bullet Resistant up to .50 Cal SUV w Run Flat Tires w a Team of PSD Detectives carrying 5k in Rounds, MP-5's plus Handguns in 2 SUV's, he claims Central Park is safe and threatens anyone carrying a FA will do 3-5 w/o exception... I could safely stroll thru Kabul using pages of the Koran as Toilet Paper w his PSD team, how unrealistic !
Thats "Visual of the Week" winner right there folks!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockbail View Post
Bloomberg is one of the numerous idiots who inherit big money, then consider themselves to be a superior species worthy of special priviledge and "rights" that us riff-raff are not worthy of. After all, his life, wealth, and power are all that matter. It's why the Universe was created 13.7 billion years ago. He and his cronies are the beneficiaries it was all designed for.
The dynasty in Chicago is much the same. Nobody but the dignitaries are worthy of any rights, safety, self-respect, or freedom.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
I think if you are a politian that supports and tries to pass any form of FA banning or regulation type legislation you should banned from firearms. You should not be allowed to have armed bodyguards while you disarm your citizenry. You should have EVERY gun you own confiscated. And you should wear a sign that reads, "I am the mayor/Representative/Senator. I am unarmed and unprotected. I want to take your freedom away." Then they should walk through the most dangerous part of town alone, just like in the Die Hard movie.
I think, that if you ban guns from citizens, take them from LE too. Because, after all, why would they need guns if nobody else can have them?

Oh wait, what was that?

Criminals will still have guns? WHAT!?

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I would guess that one of the reasons criminals migrate to Chicago is that they know their prey will be unarmed and defenseless. Chicago has long been dedicated to keeping the streets safe for criminals.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #20

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

You're a very talented writer PPC, I'll be sharing your (not a) blog as much as possible...+1million to you!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
PrimePorkchop Likes This